Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've done quite a bit of carpentry and wood working etc. and I think what you've done looks both great and appropriate. I also agree the Jaguar has alot of branding in general.
I just think you could identify it's plainess with some small decal that you deem appropriate, then use an epoxy or urethane or whatever your fancy is overtop, to solidify the look. I dont believe it will look cheap at all, but rather tie in that material to the rest of the car. Carving with your dremel or whatever Knife you like would would look too out of place here I think.

you should put a Leaper or Growler on it, cheap and easy, and would make it very authentic.
LOL!!!! That's what hubby said but engraving in hard wood is not as easy as it sounds

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well its a Jaguar so $15 for anything on it is cheap no ? Lol
My son works in London. I had it shipped to him he mailed to me. It says £3.30 on the postage. Took just a few days.
I oriented it so the cats head points to the gear selection light. Nice quality and nice touch and super easy install. More pics for you.
From your pic of the shipping address I believe we're almost neighbors. I'm just up the road in Fort Myers now but I much preferred my days in Naples. I like the looks of the Leaper you added to the gear shift knob, very nice! I added a black Growler to mine back when I purchased in 2017. I attached mine with the Growler head tilted to the left while in park so that the Growler would then be straight up and down when I was in drive, has worked well for me. Enjoy your F-Pace and maybe I'll see you on the road sometime!
Awesome!
Yes we are here for the winter. NJ the rest of the year. The dealer here is nice, but I think I could have got a better deal from the Ft Myers Jag dealer. Oh well live and learn.

·
Registered
932 Posts
This evening, the FP is at CarMax getting appraised in advance of trade in. The almighty Q8 is finally en route to my local dealership so the end of the FP is near.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This evening, the FP is at CarMax getting appraised in advance of trade in. The almighty Q8 is finally en route to my local dealership so the end of the FP is near.
:( did the appraisal come back yet?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Very interested in your thoughts on the Q8 once you get it.

Reactions: EagleJag

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
today is Carina's anniversary of the day I picked her up so today I baked cupcakes for the Service Department and picked her up from the dealer again (2nd annual service)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
How did you make the little cat icons ?
Looks like peppermint bark, yum
DP
I made a Food Grade silicone mold of 2 different Growlers then I brushed parts of the mold with edible silver metallic pigment and finally filled molds with red chocolate coating

Reactions: EagleJag and NixMo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
375 Posts
At my recent service, I mentioned to the dealer that my green valve caps were falling apart. They replaced them all with THESE. I had never seen silver caps. I like them!

(One day, I'll do something about the calipers).

·
Registered
6 Posts
At my recent service, I mentioned to the dealer that my green valve caps were falling apart. They replaced them all with THESE. I had never seen silver caps. I like them! View attachment 71970
(One day, I'll do something about the calipers).
I picked these up for $7 on amazon. They match the hub and the calibers perfectly. Best upgrade for the money so far ;)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Should result in a nice little red line around the wheel when going at speed. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
375 Posts
They look nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picked up my 'New to me' 2017 r Sport from my first 'Service' from my Dealer. Took it in because it would not 'register' with the Jag Cloud Remote. Thankfully no hardware issues, the software just needed an update. I had a 'loaner' F Pace since the Dealer didn't know if there was a hardware problem or not from the symptom. Park Place JLR in Grapevine took good care of me, returned 'Sparkling Clean'and overall a GOOD experience. I'm loving my r Sport!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s been a few months since the last response, so I’ll go next...

2 months ago I picked up my P400 and drove it straight to Auto Perfection for the Ceramic Pro Gold treatment. This past week I had them add the full front Kavaca PPF (front bumper, fenders, hood, and mirrors).

I think I’ll just drive for awhile now...
;)

Reactions: FUNJagforme

·
Registered
375 Posts
Did my once-in-a-while doorjamb/frame cleaning today. The caked-on pollen in there was beginning to make the car look like that from a junkyard. As the F-Pace is my daily and becomes dirty so frequently, I can't get to the door-insides with every wash. But they clean up pretty nicely:

341 - 358 of 358 Posts