Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to pull the trigger on a new F-Pace.

Been dealing with Budds in Oakville, but they won't budge on MSRP for factory orders. Anybody else have better luck?

·
Registered
536 Posts

Been dealing with Budds in Oakville, but they won't budge on MSRP for factory orders. Anybody else have better luck?
If you have a Costco affiliated dealer nearby they have to give you a discount even on an order. If you don't belong to Costco it is worth joining.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Difficult to assist if nobody knows your location. You could be in Timbuctoo, Mali, West Africa where our sunshine and butterflies Prime Minister wants to send Cdn troops for no other reason than to get a useless seat on the UN Security Council in 2021 or Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

If you were not a Cdn on this forum you would probably not know Oakville, but you did post in Eastern Canada.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

There were several posts awhile back about Budds not being a very good dealer for both sales and service. Others in your area went to check out other dealers in the GTA.
Maybe the guys from TO will chip in on this one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Difficult to assist if nobody knows your location. You could be in Timbuctoo, Mali, West Africa where our sunshine and butterflies Prime Minister wants to send Cdn troops for no other reason than to get a useless seat on the UN Security Council in 2021 or Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

If you were not a Cdn on this forum you would probably not know Oakville, but you did post in Eastern Canada.

I'm having trouble following your post. Why would I buy a Jaguar from Budd's in Oakville if I was from West Africa? Surely, people in Eastern Canada have heard of Oakville... no?

My intent was just to try to get a feel for what type of discount people in Eastern Canada got... if any at all.

I have posted my location. Thx for the reminder. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were several posts awhile back about Budds not being a very good dealer for both sales and service. Others in your area went to check out other dealers in the GTA.
Maybe the guys from TO will chip in on this one.

Thanks! I can see how others may have had that experience. Although the sales rep we spoke with was very helpful. I have gone there a few times with nobody even coming out to ask me if I needed help. Even after 20 minutes or so of browsing.

I did use a website that provides dealear invoice figures and have able to get a price of $1300 below MSRP. So I guess that's a decent start. Hoping to get atleast $2k knocked off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was being facetious in my reply. Also "Timbuctoo" was an location used jokingly many years ago.

Even though you posted in Eastern Canada, I am sure many people read this forum using the New Posts format rather than using the Forums format. The New Posts format lists all the new posts from all the forums thus it is not readily determinable where your approx location was.

There are four Oakville (s) in the USA, and most posters here are from the USA.

It would be nice to know where everyone here is from, Country, or obviously by State/Province mandatory and city optional. When posters ask for assistance, if their location is not known if may be difficult to assist. e.g. one poster was in Kuwait and was asking questions but no one knew their location!

IMHO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
FWIW I don't recall seeing that anyone in Ontario was particularly thrilled with their dealer experience from a sales/delivery standpoint, though there have been positive reports of decent after-sale service/problem resolution.

For pricing there is a $750 'new to the brand discount now posted on the Jaguar Canada site

Also, it appears that Jaguar Land Rover Waterloo may be a dealership to check out as they support the Ontario Jaguar Owners Association. Rob Lee is the contact at 519-883-2978 [email protected]

(note: I have no affiliation to either Rob or the dealership)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Jag Canada website 2017 F-PACE DIESEL PREMIUM AWD to 31 Mar 2017

Finance: $1,436 Jaguar Credit and Retailer Discount; and/or
Lease: $1,997 Jaguar Credit and Retailer Discount

New Owners Incentive: $750 on all 2017 F-PACE models

My Dealer's website shows Lease: $1,865 Jaguar Credit and Retailer Discount (note small difference) and does not indicate the New Owners Incentive.

I asked on a different thread if this incentive was only for the Premium and not applicable to the R-Sport I ordered but did not receive an answer. You would think it would.

Special ordered as Dealer had 0 stock except 2 demos. Have not negotiated price or MDX lease trade in yet. If The Dealer quotes special order I will counter no stock thus no option than to order. Dealer should not have any problem selling if I don't purchase as this is small market population and they had 5 (mine included) pre-sold that's why they got the allocation.

Offloaded in Halifax, NS on 3 March, on rail I presume to BC. April delivery??? February build = problems resolved I hope.

Go to "Unhaggle" http://www.unhaggle.com/ to get Cdn Dealer supposed costs on vehicle, options, etc. It's Free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm waiting for my Ottawa dealer to get the go ahead on orders with the Ingenium I4 engine. I fear I may be waiting several months just for that option, but I'm in no rush anyway. I did notice their inventory, normally 10 or so, has gone up to over 30 F Paces! Not sure what the issue is there. I expect some gentle pressure and "incentives" to buy one off the lot instead whenever I do go in there. Either way, my negotiating position isn't very strong in a situation like that if I'm stuck on a 2018. Oh well. To me the I4 is a much better fit to the smallish gas tank.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If price is your only criteria, just configure your vehicle exactly with all options and accessories you want and prepare a memo in writing so there is no miscommunication.

Then contact by phone a salesperson in each dealership that you are prepared to purchase from, given the distance from your place and tell them that the way you deal is to send the specs by email to them and for them to give you a quote back in writing. Tell them that you are sending out the specs to a few dealers so they know they have to come in at the low price to get your business.

Then wait for the quotes. No wasted time going from dealer to dealer and getting confused. No pressure at the dealer to buy, no b-s-t at the dealer and you will get the best price.

I have used this method a number of times when purchasing a vehicle and it works. It is different because you are in control rather than the dealer and you prevent mistakes and impulse buying.

Just remember for a few hundred dollars if your closest dealer is not the least expensive, you will not get preferred treatment for servicing if you buy elsewhere.

I purchased at Grand Touring when no one was giving discounts and one of the dealers was going to throw in some free accessories. Grand Touring is about 10 minutes from my house and right on my was to work. The warranty service so far has been excellent, flexible appointments and each time no questions asked a rental car was provided. I doubt I would get the same service if I purchased elsewhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks TorontoAdvocate.

I'm in Burlington, so I naturally started at Budd's. Took the car for a test drive, and liked it a lot. We kind of knew we would go with the F-Pace. However, the sales person was non-committal to apply any discounts. She said they would only apply any manufacturer's incentives at the time of landing because it was a factory order. I'm talking to other dealerships as well, but really wanted to purchase at Budd's because of they're real close to me. But it's come to a point where the sales person has underlined her stance and even stopped replying to email.

I'm now talking to two other dealerships, one of which I'm reading about complications making or keeping service appointments, or getting loaners. The salesperson so far has been good though.

I'm left talking to Thornhill which has been the best during the negotiation process, and MetroWest. Would love to hear about people's feedback regarding any of these dealerships (or any other GTA dealer for that matter).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Toronto and bought mine from the Windsor dealer ....over the phone. Trade and all. Dropped in once for a quick look at inventory and talked to a sales person. Called him a month later and the deal happened. Sales guy was great. Met all my expectations for the deal and even offered to deliver to my house and pick up the trade. Down to earth group at the Windsor dealer. No BS!!

Don't go to the new Lakeridge dealer in Ajax. They play games with the customer. Worst customer service .

·
Registered
315 Posts
Go to the Jaguar Canada website it will give you all the dealers in Ontario. If my count is correct there are three dealers in the City of Toronto, Budds in Oakville, Coventry North in Vaughan, Thornhill Jaguar just over the Toronto city limits because it is on the north side of Steeles, west of Yonge Street, and one new dealer in Whitby. Going west on the 401 there are I believe two, Waterloo as mentioned and London. The only other dealer in Ontario is in Ottawa. Waterloo Jaguar and Grand Touring in Toronto where I purchased mine is the same ownership.

If you want to price shop, the old way is to go from dealer to dealer. My way is just get on the phone, speak to a salesman and email them the exact specs you want and ask them if they will discount off list and if so what is the price. Be careful because they will try to make it back in prep & delivery and nonsense with what they will call mandatory extras like nitrogen filled tires and ethching for theft prevention. etc.. So make sure you tell them no surprise extras on the sales order. Finally when you have nailed it down to the dealer, get the sales order in writing and check it carefully and then sign it and send the deposit. Confirm acceptance by the dealer. You actually do not have to go to the dealer to purchase, I have done with a number of vehicle purchases. Much better for you because at home or your office you are in control. At the dealer, the salesperson is in control. The other variable you have to consider is delivery date, some dealers have used there allocation for certain months and some may have openings. Nail down the expected delivery date in writing.

If they will not discount a special order it means that they have used up their allocation and that is good news for us who bought at full list price because for that to continue after over a full year of production means the vehicle is very popular, in demand and production is at capacity still. I took delivery in July 2016, one of the first to come into Canada and preordered six months prior.

If you cannot get a discount try to get some things thrown in like winter mats, cargo mat, cargo net etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wish one of the mods here would correct the typo in the title of this thread (all they need is to add "from" to the end). Every time I see it I think "I WISH I had the money to be able to buy an entire dealership!).. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I JUST bought my F-Pace 30T from Budds in Oakville.

I found the sales person to be excellent, and allowed me to pursue the purchase at my own pace.
While discounts were few and far between, there were a couple....

Overall I am currently very happy with Budds Dealreship, as especially with Ed Robinson the sales staff there.
I recommend him if you are going there.

Mr.T

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with Waterloo Jaguar or London Jaguar.

So far I've found the experience underwhelming. The sales people don't seem to understand that I have a very set color combination/packages in mind and instead of working towards that they keep trying to push the vehicles they have on the lot.

Appreciate any suggestions or recommendations of dealers in southwestern ontario or GTA area. Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I purchased mine ( I special ordered it to my specifications) from Jaguar of Tampa and they were great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts