Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess ICT has some bugs as well. Was driving along listening to Sirius with my NAV screen on and all of a sudden silence. The screen went blank and then my rear camera came on (interesting view when your driving 50 mph) :) Was going to pull over, shut down, lock, un-lock and stand on one foot while rubbing my belly, but after a minute, everything shut down and must have rebooted. Took a few seconds and then all was back to normal.

First issue I've had with ICT, so I'll chalk it up to one of those quirky British car things (as my LR dealer one told me). We'll see if it happens again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We had similar problems with our ICT. I spoke to my service department and they did say there were no updates to ICT but they had noticed on a few rare occasions that the fuses in the passenger footwell were not seated fully during build and could potentially cause the problems I had (rebooting of ICT, Screen blank then reboot, etc). I removed the fuse cover and pushed each fuse in with my finger. I did notice about 5 did not appear to be fully seated in the compartment. Not sure if that was the problem due to not making consistent full contact, but we have not had a problem since double checking each fuse.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We had similar problems with our ICT. I spoke to my service department and they did say there were no updates to ICT but they had noticed on a few rare occasions that the fuses in the passenger footwell were not seated fully during build and could potentially cause the problems I had (rebooting of ICT, Screen blank then reboot, etc). I removed the fuse cover and pushed each fuse in with my finger. I did notice about 5 did not appear to be fully seated in the compartment. Not sure if that was the problem due to not making consistent full contact, but we have not had a problem since double checking each fuse.
Thanks for the tip. I plan to check mine today.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Twice in four months I have had this happen, both times at startup, everything boots up, I get the home screen, but then blank and recycles the boot. I have not talked to my SM about it, but will follow this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had alot of weird unexplainable issues with ICT until I took it into the dealer for an update and it resolved them. Did you get the big update that came out end of Oct/early Nov timeframe?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@shbiv, thanks, I'll check that out!

@daemOn, when I brought my FP in last month, I asked about an update and was told that there wasn't one for ICT. In speaking to another FP owner, he also said there was one, and among other things updated the steering wheel control so he could scan the 1st 6 presets as well as added the tire line to the rear camera.

Need to check with my SA again. When you brought your's in, did the service order mention any specific software update revision number? I checked Topix a few weeks ago and didn't see anything, thought it sounds like something exists. This was the first issue I've had with ICT in 4 months of ownership.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
@shbiv
@daemOn, when I brought my FP in last month, I asked about an update and was told that there wasn't one for ICT. In speaking to another FP owner, he also said there was one, and among other things updated the steering wheel control so he could scan the 1st 6 presets as well as added the tire line to the rear camera.
I am curious about this. Does anyone know if there's a configuration somewhere to get my steering wheel controls to change presets instead of tuning to the next frequency? Or do I need to get an update to my ICT? I do have the yellow tire line on my rear view camera though.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I had alot of weird unexplainable issues with ICT until I took it into the dealer for an update and it resolved them. Did you get the big update that came out end of Oct/early Nov timeframe?
I assume the "TP" in your signature for your F-pace means you ordered the Optional "Technology Package" ???
If so , that would mean that you have "ICTP" and not just "ICT" !

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
True that, in which case this thread would not apply.
Yes ! That's what I was getting at , but I guess I forgot to mention !

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am curious about this. Does anyone know if there's a configuration somewhere to get my steering wheel controls to change presets instead of tuning to the next frequency? Or do I need to get an update to my ICT? I do have the yellow tire line on my rear view camera though.
That's the thing, I only have single lines for backup, another FP owner said he had both lines as well as the ability to scan through the first 6 pre-sets, so I'm thinking that there is an update out there, maybe 2 (that my SA isn't aware of). If anyone has a service order that details the update, that would help a ton.

Nothing on Topix relative to ICT that I can find.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
That's the thing, I only have single lines for backup, another FP owner said he had both lines as well as the ability to scan through the first 6 pre-sets, so I'm thinking that there is an update out there, maybe 2 (that my SA isn't aware of). If anyone has a service order that details the update, that would help a ton.

Nothing on Topix relative to ICT that I can find.
I have a Premium with ICT. Tell me more about the backup lines. In my rear camera view I see 2 solid yellow lines, nothing else. Should there be more?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Premium with ICT. Tell me more about the backup lines. In my rear camera view I see 2 solid yellow lines, nothing else. Should there be more?
That's what I see too. How about your steering controls? Are you able to change radio stations by presets?

Perhaps theses extra lines during backup are a part of the park assist package or something?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
How about your steering controls? Are you able to change radio stations by presets?
I believe I can, but I will have to check tomorrow. Ollie is tucked in for the night, and I don't want to wake him :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a picture I was sent by another FP owner after he had the software updated. One line for tire and one for overall vehicle width.

On my Evoque, which had kind of an earlier generation ICT, I had both the 4 backup lines as well as the ability to scan all 16 presets from the steering wheel. Hard to imagine JLR would take features away, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here's a picture I was sent by another FP owner after he had the software updated. One line for tire and one for overall vehicle width.

On my Evoque, which had kind of an earlier generation ICT, I had both the 4 backup lines as well as the ability to scan all 16 presets from the steering wheel. Hard to imagine JLR would take features away, but anything is possible.
That is not ICT. Is that pic an ICTP or even from an F Pace?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I assume the "TP" in your signature for your F-pace means you ordered the Optional "Technology Package" ???
If so , that would mean that you have "ICTP" and not just "ICT" !
Yes you're correct :( sorry about that

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is not ICT. Is that pic an ICTP or even from an F Pace?
Looks exactly like mine, except my backup warning is on the bottom. That could have changed with an update which I still trying to track down. BTW, the XF loaner I had (ICT) had the double lines also.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts