Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now when I lock the door exiting the vehicle by pressing the handle I hear the lock click but the mirrors don't come in and a couple of seconds later there is a double beep (almost like it's not locking like when you leave the key in the car). I definitely don't have a key in the car and the door is actually locked - I've checked. On my Jaguar remote on my phone it says the doors are unlocked. When I go back to the vehicle it unlocks normally with the proximity key. Thoughts?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have seen a message on the dash about the roof. Something like " roof not fully closed". I was deliberately leaving the roof open. I am not sure how I got the message or why I saw it before I got out. But it did the double beep and the doors locked. Maybe try cycling the roof or watching the dash as you park.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Normally, the double beep means something isn't quite "right" - like a key in the car, hood/door open, etc - and the car won't lock. But, it seems logical that if the problem is something like the mirrors (or roof), there's no reason NOT to let the car lock. I'd guess that there's some issue with the mirror function. Try folding the mirrors in with the control buttons (L+R at the same time). Also check to see if each mirrors moves in/out properly. Then try your door lock again.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Does it lock normally using the key fob?
On the remote app security page, does everything else besides doors show closed?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay - so I found out that the driver side rear door lock actuator was bad. That door wasn't locking (I had only checked the front doors) which is why I was getting the beeps. It was replaced and now locking normally. HOWEVER, now that door won't open from the inside (opens fine from the outside). Passenger side rear door works fine. I tried the child lock button on and off and it still won't open. There's a little plastic circle on the inside of the door with a lock icon - I took it off and tried inserting the key to maybe reset it but no change. I searched the manual for any info on setting the child lock but couldn't find anything.
Any help?
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts