Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From past posts it sounds like the WeatherTech laser fitted rubber floor mats for the FP have been well received. I was wondering if you also went went with their AVM universal rubber cargo mat too since it appears they don't have one specifically for the FP? For what its worth I was told by a rep at WT that they will most likely never have a cargo mat specifically for the FP. I remember some past posts that the FP cargo mat didn't lay perfectly flat for some and needed a work around if you had the side cargo net. I was wondering if over time this problem resolved itself or was a poor design by JLR that was never quite right? Would appreciate your opinion on the rubber floor & cargo mats from either company or any other company. Thanks

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
I bought the JLR rear cargo mat and initially it did not lay flat but after a month or so it sat correctly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I purchased one made by Lloyds Mats - Northridge model. Sold by CARID or AutoAnything. Perfect fit and it stays flexible in cold weather. Looks good - just missing the Jaguar logo. I believe it was just under $100.

·
Registered
90 Posts
For what it's worth, I purchased the JLR cargo area mat, and:
1) the mat is shipped folded in a box, and has a "bump" at the fold when first laid out flat. It went away in a few weeks and is perfectly flat now. Would probably lay flat faster in a warmer climate. A non-issue.
2) if you have the side net, you need to cut the mat away where the net meets the floor. You can follow the hex-like grooves in the mat to hide the cut. However, since it's designed for the space, the piece you cut away fits nicely under the side net, giving practically full coverage and the appearance of a continuous mat. It won't hold a gallon of water sloshing around back there like a WT (with a high-lip sidewall) will, but a gallon of water shouldn't be sloshing around in the cargo area anyway. Hopefully only some wet ski gear. In which case, this is fine.

Should it be this way? No. But, I go back there all the time, hardly notice it and am over loosing sleep about it.

Overall, I am happy enough with the setup and like the visual design of the JLR mat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Regarding your other question regarding the floor mats, if your climate has snow/sleet/etc that will stick to your shoes, melt into muddy puddles and promptly roll into your carpet when you make a turn, go WT. I have them and they fit great. The logo doesn't bother me.
If your climate only sees rain and you want to keep carpets dry and easily vacuum out dirt, go JLR. They're nicely made, on-brand, but don't cover as much of the footwell as WT.

Reactions: IdahoF-Pace

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I ordered the Protection Package ($407), I knew it came with a Rubber Cargo Mat. What I expected was the flat Luggage Compartment Rubber Mat - T4A4218 (as pictured online), but it came with the Luggage Compartment Rubber Liner - T4A5569 ($251). This Liner has a high sidewall, but it does get in the way of the Cargo Side Net. I have since bought the WeatherTech front and back floor liners to match the cargo liner sidewall protection. WT is a superior product to the Jaguar front and back rubber floor mats.

Here's a picture of the Cargo Liner:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting RSi. I have the same Protection Package and I got the flat rubber mat. Ours is for dogs, so is probably better than the one you picture with the sidewall. If it wasn't for the dogs, I would have preferred what you have--that's nice!

·
Registered
286 Posts
When I ordered my mats I was told a cargo mat is in the works

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just placed my WT order for the front and back floor liners. I asked again about the rubber cargo mat specifically for the FP. This time I was told they are in the works and are a few months away. Last month I was told by another WT rep they would most likely just offer the universal cargo mat for the FP and nothing was in the works. He said he would put a note on my account so I wouldn't pay shipping again since its in the works and will be available soon. They normally offer free shipping on most additional items placed on your order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts