Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a set of these and they are an excellent fit, and offer very good protection in an SUV kind of way (I miss the the old, thick "carpet" you could get old Jags. Oh well, it is an SUV after all).

So, somebody here, (GRVR maybe) has previously commented on getting weathertechs, but replaced the horrible weathertech logo with a Jaguar logo. I'd like to do that but can't find one that will fit. Has anybody looked into this yet? GRVR, any help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've ordered a set of these and they are an excellent fit, and offer very good protection in an SUV kind of way (I miss the the old, thick "carpet" you could get old Jags. Oh well, it is an SUV after all).

So, somebody here, (GRVR maybe) has previously commented on getting weathertechs, but replaced the horrible weathertech logo with a Jaguar logo. I'd like to do that but can't find one that will fit. Has anybody looked into this yet? GRVR, any help?
You can still get the nice thick carpet floor mats from Jag, but just like everything else they nickel and dime you to death. $300

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Reactions: Thunder

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! That's it, I'll get them ordered. Thanks PA FPACE!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm ordering weather tech, too.

Will order emblem. Looks great

·
Registered
20 Posts
That emblem is exactly what I need. I really like my weathertech mats with the exception of the in your face weathertech logo. I assume to install the jaguar emblem you need to remove the wt logo 1st?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered the OEM Jag matts and honestly, they really do not work well. I ordered the Weathertech a few days ago and was thinking how the logo might bother me. I just ordered these emblems. Thanks PA

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey tvn300 ! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ??? I have been in Frederick, MD for *3* Weeks , and I have NOT seen any *BRG* F-Pace riding around !!! :(
I have my motorhome parked in a small RV Park right behind the LOWES that is in between Rt-85 and Rt-355 ! The RV Park entrance is at the backside of Lowes on the Rt-355 side !

Anyway , back on topic , I can't help with the emblems , but it looks like you already got some help ! I posted pics of my WT Mats after I removed the WT *BILLBOARD* sized emblem ! It just pulls right off , and leaves no residue behind ! I just like the plain black look !
Other then that , you can't beat WT Mats !!! :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
The WT mats are a must for any place where it snows. I will probably keep the WT logo as is. It's black and red, which matches the rest of my interior, so whatever. But I will admit, the Jaguar plates look nice.

I do have one question though. I have a hard time getting the front WT mats out when it's time to clean them. Specifically, it's difficult to get the clip closest to the center console out of the hole/opening in the WT mat. My fear is that I'm going to rip the clip out of the carpet, even though I'm trying to be as gentle as I can. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions for easy removal?

·
Registered
390 Posts
The WT mats are a must for any place where it snows. I will probably keep the WT logo as is. It's black and red, which matches the rest of my interior, so whatever. But I will admit, the Jaguar plates look nice.

I do have one question though. I have a hard time getting the front WT mats out when it's time to clean them. Specifically, it's difficult to get the clip closest to the center console out of the hole/opening in the WT mat. My fear is that I'm going to rip the clip out of the carpet, even though I'm trying to be as gentle as I can. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions for easy removal?
I had the same experience last weekend when I took them out for a good cleaning for the first time since installing them. The clips on the driver's side were both quite a tight fit and hard to release as the mat doesn't allow for much wiggle room. And that same thought crossed my mind, so I was just extra careful. Not the usual case with the WT mats. Too bad as now I'll be less inclined to clean them via removal :(

As for the logo, I like that Jag badge too, but it's too small and leaves a big pit in mat to collect dirt and crap. The space really needs one of the gel bubble type like the WT original. And like GRVR, although they bugged me at first too, I now can live with the WT badging and never think about them anymore. :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That emblem is exactly what I need. I really like my weathertech mats with the exception of the in your face weathertech logo. I assume to install the jaguar emblem you need to remove the wt logo 1st?
Yes, removing the WeatherTech logo isn't hard, its soft plastic and pulls right off with a little effort.

As for removing the front matts from the car, that is a very difficult thing to do. I have resorted to only doing that when they are really bad. I normally wipe them with a cloth to loosen up the dirt, then vacuum it all up, then use some cleaner to clean them up a bit. I use Mothers Back to Black tire cleaner it works well on them.

I've felt a few times like I was going to pull the latches right out of the stock carpet getting them out of there. I think opening up the hole a little bit with an exacto blade would make it easier but I haven't tried that yet.

Reactions: EagleJag

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been putting this off as we have had this huge winter. Cleaned her today in a minor break in the nastiness and realized my head needed to get out of the dark place I had put it. Weather tech mats on the way. Thanks to those of you how gave them the test run.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the best success in removing the WT mats for cleaning, by grabbing the edge of the mat on the left side (where your left leg would go) and sliding my hand under the mat. Slide your hand down to where your fingers are just to the front of the hole and lift it, and push it back towards the rear of the car. Pop! Comes right off.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have the best success in removing the WT mats for cleaning, by grabbing the edge of the mat on the left side (where your left leg would go) and sliding my hand under the mat. Slide your hand down to where your fingers are just to the front of the hole and lift it, and push it back towards the rear of the car. Pop! Comes right off.
I'll try out your technique first go next time 'round. With all the fiddling I did the first time, I can't even remember what I actually did that finally managed their removal anyway :eek:. Cheers.

I will add however, regardless of the challenge in removing, the mats are the bomb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey tvn300 ! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ??? I have been in Frederick, MD for *3* Weeks , and I have NOT seen any *BRG* F-Pace riding around !!! :(
I have my motorhome parked in a small RV Park right behind the LOWES that is in between Rt-85 and Rt-355 ! The RV Park entrance is at the backside of Lowes on the Rt-355 side !

Anyway , back on topic , I can't help with the emblems , but it looks like you already got some help ! I posted pics of my WT Mats after I removed the WT *BILLBOARD* sized emblem ! It just pulls right off , and leaves no residue behind ! I just like the plain black look !
Other then that , you can't beat WT Mats !!! :)
Haha! Not all that far from Lowes! I may be over that way today, I'll try to look you up! Tom

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Haha! Not all that far from Lowes! I may be over that way today, I'll try to look you up! Tom
Unfortunately , we left the Glacier White sitting in the driveway on the Eastern Shore ! We figured we didn't want to take any chances with it , in those tight Hospital Parking Garages and busy streets of Baltimore , plus Frederick can get a little hectic as well compared to down on the shore ! So she is Safe & Sound , just patiently waiting for me to get back there and take her for a Nice Long Ride Again ! :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
TVN300,
You need to thicken up the tape for a solid retention on the matt. Has worked well for me so far. While it's not an exact fit on the WT Emblem opening
I had one come off already :|
When you say "thicken up the tape", do you mean add an additional layer of 3M double sided tape?
Its too bad it is not a smooth mounting surface.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I had one come off already :|
When you say "thicken up the tape", do you mean add an additional layer of 3M double sided tape?
Its too bad it is not a smooth mounting surface.
Yes add another layer to what they come with. I would also use a cleaner to get the mat cleaned up before applying the emblem on it.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
41 Posts
Exactly the same method I use with good success. My only caveat would be to get the shop vac out first to suck out the snow / slush as the mats need to flex to get them past the pedals and there's a danger of discharging a quart of Vermont snow on the carpet!! Like the idea of the replacement Jag emblem.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The WT are a must for sand and rain. I'm hoping WT come out with the cargo liner soon. The Jag liner is nice but I think a bit pricey.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts