Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stainless tread plates that some of us have scratch easily, so I'm always careful to make sure my shoe doesn't hit it getting in and out of the car. A worn, scratched up plate detracts from the look of the interior (at least in my neurotic opinion).

However, you will notice that if you turn your car over to someone else for service, etc., they will likely not be as careful and inadvertently install some scratches. One thing that should work well to prevent this is to take a piece of clear shipping tape (the kind that comes on the red roll that you can buy anywhere) and just lay a piece down over the plate. Then, once you get the car back, take the tape off and you're good to go. The tape is the perfect size, hard to notice, comes off easily, provides some temporary protection, and doesn't harm the car.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The stainless tread plates that some of us have scratch easily, so I'm always careful to make sure my shoe doesn't hit it getting in and out of the car. A worn, scratched up plate detracts from the look of the interior (at least in my neurotic opinion).

However, you will notice that if you turn your car over to someone else for service, etc., they will likely not be as careful and inadvertently install some scratches. One thing that should work well to prevent this is to take a piece of clear shipping tape (the kind that comes on the red roll that you can buy anywhere) and just lay a piece down over the plate. Then, once you get the car back, take the tape off and you're good to go. The tape is the perfect size, hard to notice, comes off easily, provides some temporary protection, and doesn't harm the car.
I know mine came with a clear plastic film when the car was delivered... I kept it on there as long as possible but it eventually became noticeable so I had to take it off. Im pretty sure you can get a ceramic coating on them as well if you are willing to pay $$$

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know mine came with a clear plastic film when the car was delivered... I kept it on there as long as possible but it eventually became noticeable so I had to take it off. Im pretty sure you can get a ceramic coating on them as well if you are willing to pay $$$
Unfortunately when I picked the car up, all film was removed. From what I remember, my last Audi had some sort of covering or coating over the plates, so they did not scratch as easily as the bare metal plates on the FP.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Put PPF over them. Did that with all of mine...illuminated sills, rear cargo. Peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts