Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Rarely have days off :nerd:, and when I do I still usually have things to do in the morning, and if I dont have things to do that early id rather sleep haha :D. But the night concept is kind of the same as the early morning concept, not as hot and little sun .
I understand that. Night is actually significantly warmer here than morning (morning could be 60 and night could still be 85).

I think touchless means that only jets of water with and without soap, rinse, etc. touches your car.
Does the brushless wash you use have those swaying curtains of felt rags? I believe that they are almost as bad as a brush type wash.
Nope Same thing then..Nothing but soap,,water and a whole lot of air..:x

I use a BRUSHLESS car wash at least once a week..It finishes with a SPOT FREE rinse and a good blow job...So, What the h3ll is this TOUCHLESS kind?
Lol, we are talking about the same thing. Where I go they refer to it as touches because nothing actually touches the car besides water and soap... and air haha.

I think touchless means that only jets of water with and without soap, rinse, etc. touches your car.
Does the brushless wash you use have those swaying curtains of felt rags? I believe that they are almost as bad as a brush type wash.
I'm not going anywhere near the rest of the comments:D
I always go for touchless/brushless car wash (Just water,soap,and air touch ur car)
But, in Canada, we have snow almost every week, I cannot avoid using my snow brush to clean the snow in the morning. I bought the most soft brush in the market, but in low temperature the brush may still too harsh/tough on FP paint. Brushing snow off maybe worse than brush car wash since there is no water involved. Any solutions? (Do not tell me to blow the snow off cause I tried>:) end with a snowman myself)

I always go for touchless/brushless car wash (Just water,soap,and air touch ur car)
But, in Canada, we have snow almost every week, I cannot avoid using my snow brush to clean the snow in the morning. I bought the most soft brush in the market, but in low temperature the brush may still too harsh/tough on FP paint. Brushing snow off maybe worse than brush car wash since there is no water involved. Any solutions? (Do not tell me to blow the snow off cause I tried>:) end with a snowman myself)
The solution is to wrap vehicle. Not cheap but it has allowed me regularly go through car wash (i have no choice living in a condo building), prevents damage from snow brush, has avoided rock chips so far, and has saved me from some other scratches and dings. I own vehicle outright and plan to keep it a long time which is why I made the added investment.

But, in Canada, we have snow almost every week, I cannot avoid using my snow brush to clean the snow in the morning. I bought the most soft brush in the market, but in low temperature the brush may still too harsh/tough on FP paint. Brushing snow off maybe worse than brush car wash since there is no water involved. Any solutions? (Do not tell me to blow the snow off cause I tried>
end with a snowman myself)
The solution is to wrap vehicle. Not cheap but it has allowed me regularly go through car wash (i have no choice living in a condo building), prevents damage from snow brush, has avoided rock chips so far, and has saved me from some other scratches and dings. I own vehicle outright and plan to keep it a long time which is why I made the added investment.
Like a vinyl wrap on the paint? When I think of that, I think of someone going after a different color for their car. Is your car still BRG or did you wrap it in a different color?

Like a vinyl wrap on the paint? When I think of that, I think of someone going after a different color for their car. Is your car still BRG or did you wrap it in a different color?
Clear PPF maybe the answer for you. But I don't have $2000 for the whole coverage.....
Richard - To address your earlier question, I recently ordered the Snow Joe on Amazon to replace my snow brush. It's basically a foam pad instead of a bristled brush, so it's presumably safer on the paint. This was also discussed in a recent thread. I have not used it yet since my car is in the shop at the moment. But in the past, I never ran my snow brush down to the paint. I would just brush off the top layer of snow so that I don't have piles of snow flying off the car. I look like a lunatic doing it (like I'm painting artwork), but I didn't want to mar the clear coat.

As noted by Richard, clear paint protective film. Expensive option (and good bit more than $2,000 for whole car) but very very effective. Wouldn’t be worth it for a leased vehicle though, only if you’re going to keep a long time. No whorls or swirls, etc.

As noted by Richard, clear paint protective film. Expensive option (and good bit more than $2,000 for whole car) but very very effective. Wouldn’t be worth it for a leased vehicle though, only if you’re going to keep a long time. No whorls or swirls, etc.
Ugh, I think I need to start a fund for this......not quite 6 months in and already I have 3 large scratches from random road debris and will need to probably have the entire rear driver-side door repainted to repair. So will start putting away all my spare monies for the repair, then paint correction, then PPF. :|

I had many reasons not to get C Quartz (or the like) coating on Quorra and considered getting PPF in some areas (had just called for an appt before accident) but while waiting for the new car to arrive I had a friend who had their entire car wrapped in colored PPF and when I asked how they liked it they exploded saying it was the worst decision they ever made. They complained of scuffs, shopping cart dings light abrasions from rags, car washes etc. So my question to all of you with PPF is are you noticing these things in your clear film or is he just really bad at caring for his car and without the film all the things he's complaining about would be even worse?

$34.95 a Month, I can run mine thru the car wash as many times as I want. It has brushes, but give me the wax, and protection package, when I leave the car wash, it feels so smooth, and smells so good.

BUT! So far they ripped off the cover hiding the key slot on the drivers door, and they found it, and I put it back on with a bit of silicone. Last week the ripped off my cheap eBay/Russia rain guard off the passenger side, I wan't a big fan of them, they didn't fit right. I got the rain guard back unhurt also. I told them if they rip off anything else, I am going to have to cancel my monthly service with them.

There is times I go everyday for a wash, and put it in my heated garage to thaw out overnight.

I like a clean car, and am not going to freeze my rear off in the cold. I believe getting the salt off (Chicagoland area) is more important than worrying about if the car wash has brushes, or brushless.

I like a clean car, and am not going to freeze my rear off in the cold. I believe getting the salt off (Chicagoland area) is more important than worrying about if the car wash has brushes, or brushless.
It has been extra salty the last few weeks around here. What car wash do you use? I had to take mine in Saturday to get rid of the salt, it was annoying me so much.

So my question to all of you with PPF is are you noticing these things in your clear film or is he just really bad at caring for his car and without the film all the things he's complaining about would be even worse?
I have XPEL Ultimate on the entire front of my car as well as small strips along the edge of each door. The XPEL is self healing so any small scratches, rock impacts, etc will disappear after it gets wet. So far I've been very pleased with it.

I had many reasons not to get C Quartz (or the like) coating on Quorra and considered getting PPF in some areas (had just called for an appt before accident) but while waiting for the new car to arrive I had a friend who had their entire car wrapped in colored PPF and when I asked how they liked it they exploded saying it was the worst decision they ever made. They complained of scuffs, shopping cart dings light abrasions from rags, car washes etc. So my question to all of you with PPF is are you noticing these things in your clear film or is he just really bad at caring for his car and without the film all the things he's complaining about would be even worse?
Clear PPF on nearly whole vehicle and I have no complaints, no scuffing, car wash swirls, etc. I regularly go through a new but not touchless car wash and continues to look great. i have one tiny door ding and can’t tell if it is from a road rock or someone dinging me with their door. I should note that about four months after first application my Jag dealer service advisor wasn’t happy with some peeling that happened at edges of some panels so he took the vehicle back to their vendor and made them re-do entire wrap job. Had it for about 17 months and very happy with ppf so far.

@VZX-CO, not sure how much time you spend in Denver, but there is a chain of car washes there that have a similar monthly program as @Kubota describes. Here is the link, if interested. $35/month unlimited use, all touchless, plus self-serve and doggy washing stations; all new equipment and the most environmentally-friendly of chemicals. I know you say you have not had any issues with the brushes of the wash you currently use, but if you want to go touchless this might be a way.

https://www.autowashco.com/

@VZX-CO, not sure how much time you spend in Denver, but there is a chain of car washes there that have a similar monthly program as @Kubota describes. Here is the link, if interested. $35/month unlimited use, all touchless, plus self-serve and doggy washing stations; all new equipment and the most environmentally-friendly of chemicals. I know you say you have not had any issues with the brushes of the wash you currently use, but if you want to go touchless this might be a way.

https://www.autowashco.com/
Thank you, will definitely check them out. Ought to be an option in Navigation "Touchless Car Washes". The one I use is so darn convenient, it's at the intersection of 6 and Santa Fe so I can dart through it when I get back with a dirty vehicle from the mountains.

Reactions: mkauffm
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.