Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive wheel system
help, while replacing the thermostat, this connector snapped, anyone know what it’s called? Do I need to replace the pump now?
Automotive tire White Light Black Tread

Just my luck, FPace smelled a bit like coolant, noticed moisture and a minimal puddle, traced it to the thermostat seal. Swapped it and then notice this small hose connector had broken off while I was I stalling the thermostat. One little job now became a bigger headache. Is anyone familiar with this piece?

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is a one time only push in fitting. New water pump and hose is our shop's policy because no other repair will keep it from leaking.

Reactions: Jonjackfalcon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gesture Finger Plastic bag Nail Thumb

I got lucky, chatted with one of Jaguars service techs and he was able to get me the ring that broke. I ended up buying the new hose kit because the 90°bend port had broke as well.

I did not need to replace the water pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering what the correct answer is here... if this ring does in fact break, does the water pump need to be replaced as @ROBTR8 mentioned?
I tried to sweet talk the Jaguar dealership into just the fitting and hose assembly, but had no luck. I went ahead and replaced the water pump, the thermostat assembly, and the belts while everything was off and I had access.
This one’s got 65,000 miles on it and I figured after everything I’ve read, it was probably a smart move. 900 bucks from the dealership for parts including the t stat, replacement for broken hose assy, water pump, belts and a 12 dollar plastic pipe with a rubber seal that goes behind the water pump. The machine is running tip top now and -0- coolant leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to sweet talk the Jaguar dealership into just the fitting and hose assembly, but had no luck. I went ahead and replaced the water pump, the thermostat assembly, and the belts while everything was off and I had access.
This one’s got 65,000 miles on it and I figured after everything I’ve read, it was probably a smart move. 900 bucks from the dealership for parts including the t stat, replacement for broken hose assy, water pump, belts and a 12 dollar plastic pipe with a rubber seal that goes behind the water pump. The machine is running tip top now and -0- coolant leaks.
I went straight to the techs, at the service desk, they’re no help aside from wanting to charge an arm and leg.
Sucks you had to make that big of an investment

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 74530 help, while replacing the thermostat, this connector snapped, anyone know what it’s called? Do I need to replace the pump now?
View attachment 74529

Just my luck, FPace smelled a bit like coolant, noticed moisture and a minimal puddle, traced it to the thermostat seal. Swapped it and then notice this small hose connector had broken off while I was I stalling the thermostat. One little job now became a bigger headache. Is anyone familiar with this piece?
View attachment 74530 help, while replacing the thermostat, this connector snapped, anyone know what it’s called? Do I need to replace the pump now?
View attachment 74529

I also have a code p0128 and trying to replace the thermostat, do you know where the location ? thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts