Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my bass speakers is not working and I need to schedule a service. It has that sound that I remember years ago when I "blew a speaker" by playing it too loud.
For you wise guys I don't listen to music too loud, I'm 99 years old and can barely see over the steering wheel.

My question is, have installed a Quicksilver exhaust system since purchasing the car, does this aftermarket product void any of my warranty? The tail pipes are black and look like the OEM optional equipment pipes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One of my bass speakers is not working and I need to schedule a service. It has that sound that I remember years ago when I "blew a speaker" by playing it too loud.
For you wise guys I don't listen to music too loud, I'm 99 years old and can barely see over the steering wheel.

My question is, have installed a Quicksilver exhaust system since purchasing the car, does this aftermarket product void any of my warranty? The tail pipes are black and look like the OEM optional equipment pipes.
Not unless the tail pipes make the F-Pace so loud that it blew the speaker then you will be just fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts

no, under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, you should be ok unless the modification caused the problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
One of my bass speakers ... has that sound that I remember years ago when I "blew a speaker" by playing it too loud...
It could possibly have come loose or be vibrating against the door frame. The dealer repair would be to use tape to suppress the vibration. Presumably cars coming off the boat already have the tape applied.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would take off the Quicksilver and send to me - that way it will be no where near your Fpace when you get it serviced. Please prepay shipping charges.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are people paying for the warranty? Anyone in CA?

I received these messages from my dealership:
"How many miles will you be driving per year? The max term is 10 years (from date of contract) or up to 150,000. The price is approximately $5,700 depending on the mileage term."

Options if averaging 12,000 miles per year:
8 years (expiring Sept 2025) or up to 100,000 miles ?
$0 deductible: $5,698
$100 deductible: $5,472
$200 deductible: $4,973

"And There is an appearance coverage for $2,886 for wheel curbing, chip/cracked windshields, door dings. Otherwise, extended warranty options are in the $4,000-$6,000 range."

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts