Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
I have a 2020 S model and was thinking of this exhaust but concerned about drone sine I drive a lot of highways miles. Your experience with this set up? Thanks
@Mwoodring has not been on the forum in almost 2 years. Not sure he is still a F Pace owner. He said in '18 he was going to keep his SUV 1 more year and then buy a cheap truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am probably a lot older than most of you and have been taking cars apart a rebuilding them (including about 200 one of cars that I have built) for over 50 years. The 2021 SVR will be personal car #488 (already found #489), and almost every car I've owned (built the first RWD Gallardo in 2004 sent the spec to Lamborghini)has been either modified or rebuilt. One of my 911's has 387K worth of modifications and I pay no attention to warranty, and NO dealer has ever denied my claim (in fact recent my AMG GTS had an almost 10K issue that MB fixed for free, it was out of warranty), and believe me they should have in some cases. There are two types of (I do not include myself since I am sort of unique) owners those who think changing tire stems may void the warranty and those who say the heck with it, it is my car I will do what I like. Here is the truth if you tune your car, the dealer can tell (end of story do not believe what anyone tells you), so get a throttle controller (sprint booster, pedal commander) first, For many it can be enough. If you are going to tune, get to know your dealer well (mine often want to see what I've done) and their feeling on modifications. They are can be your advocate or they can be your worst nightmare. Remember if they do deny warranty (yes I know the US law), it is you that are going to have to hire an attorney and you that will have to prove that what you changed did not cause the problem that they are refusing to fix under warranty. My relationship with the dealers I work with goes back over 30 years (many I call friends and we go out to dinner together or at least used to before all this), and yes I do have the advantage that most do not have (I buy a lot of cars so they want to keep me happy), but it is always best to have a good working relationship (I buy service managers bottles of 18 year old single malts and have lunches brought in) so when or if you do have an issue, they will want to make it right. Will I change the SVR, maybe but my cars always have a purpose (I keep winter and summer cars), and I have gone from keeping 20-25 at a time to around a dozen, so we will see once I drive it, and then I will determine what I think the car needs to make it better for the purpose I have for it. That is how I do things I dont just mod for the sake of saying I did it, that never made sense to me. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my Race Chip RS and Double Spa Racing 3 inch Cones for Cold Air Intake ..got the Pulley on the way along with the Quicksilver Exhaust and going to straight pipe it..should sound nasty and just want to add this....a tune to a stock car won't max out the HP on any piggyback ECU ...The More Mods the Greater the HP increase...I guarantee you if you get the pulley an air intake and dual exhaust and Race Chip GTS Black with 7 maps ...on Map 6 ...and I bet you will have atleast 475 HP add an XLR Peddle Box all for 2500 bucks and you'll be hanging with 0 to 60 mph or 1/8th mile street race....a quick sprint..with a SVR 550HP F- Pace ...1/4 mile is where it would get ya...but 0 to 60 no sir ...thr extra 2 cylinders is called Extra weight...Lol...kinda like a Dodge 1500 Viper Truck with like 600hp V10 6.2 liter or something near that...Slow as Christmas 🎄🤔...Lol 0 to 60 is barely 6 seconds..Lol

41 - 43 of 43 Posts