Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good looking car with a more futuristic interior than the F-Pace S. Still, I don't perceive this as a performance SUV.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like it. Mostly the tech and that rear looks great with Range Rover styling. Still love my F-Pace for what it is though. A bit more to my sporty styling.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. Mostly the tech and that rear looks great with Range Rover styling. Still love my F-Pace for what it is though. A bit more to my sporty styling.
I agree. But I will say this... Velar is the best looking Range Rover I've ever seen, and the only one I would consider buying if F-Pace did not exist. I think the Velar will be a huge seller for Range Rover fans and will totally kill the Evoque. Once Velar hits the showrooms, Evoque is dead.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would love to own this car. I am now confident in saying the Ranger Rover and Jaguar have the best looking SUVs available, with the F-pace slightly edging out the velar in exterior styling but the Ranger Rover handily beating the F-pace in interior styling and materials used.

·
Registered
473 Posts
For sure. I would purchase a Velar if the F-Pace wasn't around. Who knows, I might even get one at a later date. The F-Pace and Velar are my top 1-2. Oh, then there's e-Pace. JLR is doing a great job with SUVs.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm with Anenoso, if this was out back when I looked at the F-Pace I would have given it a good long look and test drive, but I think I would have still ended up with the F-Pace. My main gripe is that I doubt it's going to handle or scoot along like the F-Pace, it will be close, but its carrying more weight so that will be a handicap in the corners, but it would be interesting to see what dropping it a little bit with the air suspension might do in the twisties. And I would have been pushed due to that interior, it is a class above the F-Paces in the materials and such, but it should be due to the show stopper for me. The car in the video I did price out yesterday on the LR site and it tops out fully loaded with the stuff I would like at $100k with that matte finish or $31k more than I paid for my F-Pace FE. I just don't see $31k in value added capability and finishes that would warrant spending that much more.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm with Anenoso, if this was out back when I looked at the F-Pace I would have given it a good long look and test drive, but I think I would have still ended up with the F-Pace. My main gripe is that I doubt it's going to handle or scoot along like the F-Pace, it will be close, but its carrying more weight so that will be a handicap in the corners, but it would be interesting to see what dropping it a little bit with the air suspension might do in the twisties. And I would have been pushed due to that interior, it is a class above the F-Paces in the materials and such, but it should be due to the show stopper for me. The car in the video I did price out yesterday on the LR site and it tops out fully loaded with the stuff I would like at $100k with that matte finish or $31k more than I paid for my F-Pace FE. I just don't see $31k in value added capability and finishes that would warrant spending that much more.
Agreed, mine comes out at a little more than 15k than what I paid for the F-pace. But if I am able to get a raise in the next couple of years the Velar will definitely be on my radar. I also think the air suspension will help a lot when driving in dynamic mode (or whatever LR calls their sport mode). Now if I could only remove the two sets of rear fog lights that would complete the car for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts