Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I bought my F-PACE on Feb 01st and really liked it. It was fun to drive. Its 35t Premium and bought from Barret Jaguar San Antonio Texas. Today it stalled twice on the signal within about 2 minutes span. I was very fortunate it didn't happen in the highway and I don't event want to think about it.

Does anyone else experienced this problem?. What actions did you take to remedy the problem. I called the RoadSide assistance and they have scheduled a towing pickup and service. Now I have second thoughts on driving this vehicle. Even-though its fun, it doesn't look like the risk worth taking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey,
I bought my F-PACE on Feb 01st and really liked it. It was fun to drive. Its 35t Premium and bought from Barret Jaguar San Antonio Texas. Today it stalled twice on the signal within about 2 minutes span. I was very fortunate it didn't happen in the highway and I don't event want to think about it.

Does anyone else experienced this problem?. What actions did you take to remedy the problem. I called the RoadSide assistance and they have scheduled a towing pickup and service. Now I have second thoughts on driving this vehicle. Even-though its fun, it doesn't look like the risk worth taking.

That sucks man. Did the car just die or did it cut off with auto stop/start and never recovered when you lift you foot off brake?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Odd behavior for sure...I would let Jag get their hands on it and hopefully figure it out.

Keep us posted - its normal to have second thoughts, but let Jag attempt to fix it. It seems you haven't had any other issues, so hopefully this is a one off (like a ground disconnected or an issue with a wire somewhere).

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Hey,

That sucks man. Did the car just die or did it cut off with auto stop/start and never recovered when you lift you foot off brake?
Yeah we have to ask because it's come up before...are you sure it wasn't start/stop engaging and disengaging? At long lights that's happen to us.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had my Cat stall on me during the Auto On/Off feature. When I let go of the break it tried to turn on but didn't. Thankfully it was not on the road but in a parking lot and a drive thru. Since then, I have disable the feature by removing the connection in the trunk (there is a great thread on it) and permanently disabled this so it won't happen again. I find the feature extremely annoying and hard on the engine and somewhat dangerous if you are trying to make a left turn in front of on coming traffic. I was not so worried about it with me but more with my wife since she does not drive the car that much.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealership told me that they didn't have any issues with these models so far. They are looking into it and I will keep posted on updates in this thread. Hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Consider what type od gas you have..ethanoil or pure?, top tier grade or 7-11 grade?

·
Registered
105 Posts
DPK - For me I only use premium gas from well known suppliers such as large grocery stores (Kroger) or Shell/Exxon and not from a hole in the wall station. I believe when it happened to me, it was almost a timing issue where I was tasking the engine with AC on full and I was pressing or take my foot off the brake at the same time the car was shut down and wanted to start up. Might of even happened when I was lightly pumping the brakes on/off which might of confused the system.....not really sure other than it happened and just do not like the feature not to mention the wear on the engine. The start up seems harsher when this feature is active vs a cold start up I do in the morning or after work. Seems to jerk the Cat, certainly not a smooth start up in my opinion compared to when I press my Cat's heartbeat button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I got my f-pace back and Jaguar technicians didn't find any diagnostic information or error codes from the system. Literally told me they can't really do much. I am hoping this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Today I got my f-pace back and Jaguar technicians didn't find any diagnostic information or error codes from the system. Literally told me they can't really do much. I am hoping this doesn't happen.
I don't like that you are in this situation. I think soon we'll reach the point that black boxes on modern cars will be a must.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
All I can say is disable the Auto-Stop/Start feature..and this will more than likely cure the problem.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I totally agree. I work in software and some of the issues happens so rare ( like one in million or so ) and building a framework to reproduce those issues takes significant time and effort.
Just like Lexus RX 350 Fiasco, where Lexus denied and denied for about 5 years and finally admitted their issues. I am hoping nothing like that going on with this F-PACE Model.

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
Does this only happen when the car is stopped at a light or similar? Is the Auto/Stop/Start being used or not?

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Does this only happen when the car is stopped at a light or similar? Is the Auto/Stop/Start being used or not?
Shrug. OP seems to be ignoring the question for the several times it's been asked. I'm guessing it was the start/stop and he realized it and is trying to save face.

To that I say, do not worry! We've all done goofy things like that. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. ;)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It happened only at the signal and Auto Start / Stop was turned on at that time. I had my jag back for a week and started to turn off Auto Start / Stop and haven't encountered the same issue so far.
Thanks,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts