Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does JLR Canada send us the growler valve cap covers as a welcome gift like JLR U.S, does for our American friends?

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, most have received the same gift. One member, in addition to the valve covers received a certificate for some sort of photo shoot, but I think that may have been a dealer perk/solicitation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't receive anything. Bought in January at Coventry North.��

·
Registered
458 Posts
Does JLR Canada send us the growler valve cap covers as a welcome gift like JLR U.S, does for our American friends?
Yep! I received mine! I have to say that they looked sharper in that fancy box they were shipped in than on the valves.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yep! I received mine! I have to say that they looked sharper in that fancy box they were shipped in than on the valves.
Yep, they are just cheap plastic.. If they were machined polished stainless, then I would be impressed. Will probably replace with after market quality ones as soon as I lose one! >:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep, they are just cheap plastic.. If they were machined polished stainless, then I would be impressed. Will probably replace with after market quality ones as soon as I lose one!
There is a reason they are plastic - metal ones may react with the valve stem and cause it to fail, risking a high speed blowout. This happened to a few folks on the XFR forum I used to be on. Jag caps were metal at that time and they stopped making them...

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is a reason they are plastic - metal ones may react with the valve stem and cause it to fail, risking a high speed blowout. This happened to a few folks on the XFR forum I used to be on. Jag caps were metal at that time and they stopped making them...
Heard the same thing ... dealer told me to use them only during the summer and have plastic one for winter but anyway I will buy another set of wheels and don't care much not having fancy cap

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just received a really classy hand drawn line art drawing of my F-Pace in Canada. Nice touch.
That hand drawn line art is a reproduction of one of the original Ian Callum concept sketches for the F-Pace. Agreed it’s lovely. But I’d rather have the tire stem caps. I did get the key chains from Jaguar and a baseball cap from my dealer at delivery.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lost Six

That hand drawn line art is a reproduction of one of the original Ian Callum concept sketches for the F-Pace. Agreed it’s lovely. But I’d rather have the tire stem caps. I did get the key chains from Jaguar and a baseball cap from my dealer at delivery.

There are other people liking them, also. Two different malls, and in the daytime! The first time had all four gone within an hour or so, and at a different mall (the one with a few shootings), the two on the driver side were taken. I guess he already had two from another car. Maybe Super Glue would work? But then, . . . . . ? We don't go there anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts