Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted clarification on USB ports in the F Pace. There is one in the middle console? Can it be used to charge a phone? Any other USB ports?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I wanted clarification on USB ports in the F Pace. There is one in the middle console? Can it be used to charge a phone? Any other USB ports?
Yes 1 in console can charge phone/ iPod/ MP3 player will also play music off of a Flash Drive. 2 additional USB ports in back seat will also charge devices

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes 1 in console can charge phone/ iPod/ MP3 player will also play music off of a Flash Drive. 2 additional USB ports in back seat will also charge devices
I think it depends on which model you have. I have the "S" with the luxury package and there are no USB's in the rear. You get two 12V power plugs. I did by a 12V power plug to double USB and now I have two USB and one 12V power plug.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have S without lux interior pack and have TWO in the center console and TWO in the rear. The point of the USBs is to charge a device but you can also play music through it, get map directions etc.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I went the same way as baherrick in back, mine does quick​charge on one port and 2 amps on the other with the second socket open for whatever. In the console I've got a thumb drive with about 30 gigs of lossless that doesn't play.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Just to weigh in; in my S with lux pkg one center console USB services phone - charging, music, etc. The second usb hosts a 16gb usb drive with most of my music on it. I intend to get a usb converter plug for one rear of console power plug for guest phone and the other rear facing power plug services the drinks cooler.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes the center console underneath the arm rest has 2 USB ports and 12 volt power outlet and a HDMI port. The rear console has two 12 volts power outlet on S with Luxury package,(mine build december 2016). Both the USB ports can charge and play music but there is a catch. You can use only one thumb drive with your music at a time. If you plug in two thumb drives the unit will not function properly.See below .....

CAUTION
Read the manufacturer's instructions for any device, before it is connected to the Media system. Make sure that the device is suitable, and comply with any instructions regarding connection and operation. Failure to do so may result in damage to the vehicle’s Media system or the media device.

Portable media devices can be connected to the media hub, located in the center console's cubby box. See STORAGE COMPARTMENTS.

Connect the device into the appropriate socket:

HDMI/MHL socket.

USB sockets.

NOTES
Use the cable supplied with your media device to connect to the USB socket.

NOTES
High quality cables are recommended to be used with Apple devices as this enhances the operation.

NOTES
A USB hub cannot be used to connect more than one USB device to the audio unit.

NOTES
Devices connected to the USB ports are charged, but devices that are fully discharged do not play.

Higher-rated devices that require more than 7.5W to charge may not display an indicator when charging. These devices are still charged without this indicator being displayed.

NOTES
HDMI devices are not charged.

NOTES
Apple devices should be updated to the latest iOS version, otherwise, full support cannot be guaranteed.

NOTES
Voice command is only available for newer Apple devices, i.e., devices that are connected to the system via a lightning connector.

NOTES
Voice command will not operate devices connected to the system via Bluetooth®.

NOTES
Options, such as Repeat and Shuffle, relate to the device currently playing. These options do not apply to any subsequent device. Previous Repeat and Shuffle selections are deactivated when a new queue has been created.

NOTES
The available sockets vary, according to vehicle specification.

The above was copied from digital owners manual for 2017 model year.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Why would they put two 12 V sockets in the rear VS USB ports? I may be missing something but what do people use 12V ports for, especially in the rear seating area? All I have ever used those sockets for are to shove adapters in to get to something I really need....
I've also noticed on some vehicles, front USB's may not charge and are just for data transfer, while rear ones are higher powered and are useable for charging....

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Why would they put two 12 V sockets in the rear VS USB ports? I may be missing something but what do people use 12V ports for, especially in the rear seating area? All I have ever used those sockets for are to shove adapters in to get to something I really need....
I've also noticed on some vehicles, front USB's may not charge and are just for data transfer, while rear ones are higher powered and are useable for charging....
Ive tried both front USBs and they both charge my iPhone 7 and can play music.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think it depends on which model you have. I have the "S" with the luxury package and there are no USB's in the rear. You get two 12V power plugs. I did by a 12V power plug to double USB and now I have two USB and one 12V power plug.
oh, I thought they were all the same with the exception of HDMI etc needed for tech package. thanks for the heads up. mine also has 3 12v plugs, 1 in front console, 1 in rear and 1 in cargo

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, if I plug in my Samsung Android phone into the USB port, the port will simply charge the phone and not try to read the connection and "connect." I am not a techno wiz, but wondering.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
So, if I plug in my Samsung Android phone into the USB port, the port will simply charge the phone and not try to read the connection and "connect." I am not a techno wiz, but wondering.
according to my kids (the tech wizards in this house) it will connect if plugged into USB however this test has been conducted only with Apple products and a Sony MP3 the youngest uses her Samsung tablet to play music and says she has to connect via bluetooth but can charge with USB (she is only use rear USBs so I can not speak for front center console USB
will be interested to see others experiences

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
USB ports in the center console will charge and are also used for data connections to the ICP/ICTP, including InControl Apps.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
What do you mean by connect? Like if you have music playing on your android and you plug it in via USB will it start playing on the car? If that is your question, then no. You have to manually switch the source if you want that. If you just plug the phone in it will charge it, nothing else unless you want it to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I listen to AM news radio. Do you mean there is music that can be played on the radio also? :eek: WoW has times changed! :laugh:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you mean by connect? Like if you have music playing on your android and you plug it in via USB will it start playing on the car? If that is your question, then no. You have to manually switch the source if you want that. If you just plug the phone in it will charge it, nothing else unless you want it to.
Yes, that is what I meant by connect. Thank you. You all answered exactly what I wanted to know. I appreciate it.

OT: 8 days until Boston!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a TSB out recently that may have an impact on USB performance. Someone with a TOPIX subscription may be able to provide details of the issue this is causing.

Title
K455NAS1 - Service Action: USB 2.0 Cable Incorrect Specification
Global reference
K455NAS1
Navigation path
Bulletins Field Actions
Publication date
21-Mar-2017 04:45:30

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
There is a TSB out recently that may have an impact on USB performance. Someone with a TOPIX subscription may be able to provide details of the issue this is causing.

Title
K455NAS1 - Service Action: USB 2.0 Cable Incorrect Specification
Global reference
K455NAS1
Navigation path
Bulletins Field Actions
Publication date
21-Mar-2017 04:45:30
The full TSB is posted elsewhere on here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
USB powered with engine off?

So on my Prestige with ICT the front console USB port seems to stay on for a bit after turning the engine off, and seems to power on when the doors are opened. Does anyone know what the actual timing is for the power-on mode for the USB ports? Are any ports powered all of the time? Can the dealer adjust the dwell times on them?
Would be nice to recharge a phone when camping etc without running the battery down...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts