Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 F-Pace that has the basic system, obviously now Apple Car play etc is available would love to be able to upgrade, I have been in touch with Jaguar and unfortunately I have the following reply
"In order for a vehicle to have Apple CarPlay/Android Auto functionality added, the vehicle must have the latest IMC software update carried out AND have the Smartphone Pack (for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay) activated through the diagnosis equipment.
The vehicle would require a NGI (New Generation Interface) Head Unit and has an HDMI port, however, according to your VIN details, your vehicle is not fitted with a NGI or HDMI port, then unfortunately it will not be possible to have the Smartphone Pack (Apple CarPlay) added to this specific vehicle"

So asking the forum is there anyway around this or anyone had Jaguar retrofit the latest head unit at a cost?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Anything is possible with enough time and money, my guess is about $10k since the MCU is $5500 by itself

DP

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would like to swap out the standard InControl Touch unit with the InControl Touch Pro 10.2" unit. I will be following the thread :)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
well here are the first two parts you need.

10.2” Display System - Jaguar (T2H24568) $3250
Radio Chassis - Jaguar (T2H31953) $3285

then you need the body modules, programming, etc

DP

·
Registered
49 Posts
well here are the first two parts you need.

10.2” Display System - Jaguar (T2H24568) $3250
Radio Chassis - Jaguar (T2H31953) $3285

then you need the body modules, programming, etc

DP
Both of those parts can be acquired used for under $1500 total. Do you have part numbers for the other parts needed?

·
Registered
308 Posts
that display is a 8" for a Jag XE/XF, don't think it would work with the ictp or fit the F-Pace cutout for the 10.2" screen. you'd also need the frame bit that goes around the screen and eliminates all the regular ICT buttons to the left and right of the screen

honestly it's probably going to be less time, money, and hassle to sell your 2018 and buy one with ictp. the infotainment system isn't perfect as is, and I sure wouldn't want to track down all the bits and pieces needed to make the new system able to talk to everything. Jag does do a pretty good job running wires for options whether the options are selected or not, but all it takes is one or two things missing and the install time/cost can increase dramatically. If you get the dealer to do it, it'll cost a fortune in hours even if they let you provide pre-owned parts. if you do it yourself the parts may be covered by warranty, but likely not any issues stemming from it (which could be almost anything electrical at a minimum)

*edit - this is the piece you'd be removing - Dash Panel 8 Inch Screen Trim Bezel Switch T2H3575 Jaguar F-Pace 2017-19 *Note* | eBay
this site has some good diagrams for finding related parts/part numbers, and competitive prices for OEM components
here's the right screen: 2018 Jaguar F-Pace S Sport Utility Gps navigation system - T2H24568 | Jaguar Palm Beach, West Palm Beach FL
and the bezel: 2018 Jaguar F-Pace S Sport Utility Radio Bezel. Radio Bezel - T4A12843 | Jaguar Palm Beach, West Palm Beach FL
and the bracket that goes under the bezel: 2018 Jaguar F-Pace S Sport Utility Radio Bezel Bracket - T2H4898 | Jaguar Palm Beach, West Palm Beach FL
and the trim that goes over those: 2018 Jaguar F-Pace S Sport Utility Panel. Vent. FACIA. Center. Dashboard Air. Instrument Trim. 10.2 display - T4A3587 | Jaguar Palm Beach, West Palm Beach FL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anybody tried or considered this add on from Unique Auto Developments?? (this is my fist post to forum and it will not let me include links yet).

I e-mailed vendor and they confirmed will work fine in US version (left hand side driver) and also answered a few other questions I am satisficed with.

I have a 2017 3.5t with regular in control touch (unfortunately not the pro version). I love the car (and the acceleration!). It us up for end of lease in July and I am considering buying. But, not having carplay drives me crazy (especially since my wife's SUV has it!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody tried or considered this add on from Unique Auto Developments?? (this is my fist post to forum and it will not let me include links yet).

I e-mailed vendor and they confirmed will work fine in US version (left hand side driver) and also answered a few other questions I am satisficed with.

I have a 2017 3.5t with regular in control touch (unfortunately not the pro version). I love the car (and the acceleration!). It us up for end of lease in July and I am considering buying. But, not having carplay drives me crazy (especially since my wife's SUV has it!).
Did you ever install this item and if so, are you satisfied with it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I did install several months ago and it works very well. It is Wireless Carplay which is very nice. I also added wireless charger and illuminated door sills at the same time.

Refer to
Detailed installation instructions with photos are included in a pdf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts