Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have my summer setup on the F-Pace, as they came in today. They are 22x10.5 ET 35 AceAlloy Convex Rims shod with 285/35 R22 Conti's. I may be pushing it a little bit cutting over to them before the middle of April, but what the heck I needed to check to make sure they fit and sure enough they do, with only 8mm to spare at the front spindles. They are plenty wide and ride great. Trek is going to roast me at the meet though since I had to get Conti CrossContact DWS' for my summer setup. No other 285/35 R22 performance tires were really out there that I was comfortable with getting. I know these tires and they are great, so now I have a summer setup I can push for 9 plus months and then jump back to the 22 Double Helix's with my Pirelli Scorpion Winters when it gets really cold out and starts icing up. The Winters look mighty skinny compared to these.

Just a couple of issues, one the center cap bore is 72.6mm so my Jag Center Caps don't fit. Running the AceAlloy cap now. They also shipped them with Chrome lug nuts even though I requested black. I notified them so hopefully the black ones will be here next week.

If anyone has any read on Jag Center Caps in 72.6mm please let me know. I really want to get back to my growler or even just a Jaguar logo caps.

Pics follow.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
So I have my summer setup on the F-Pace, as they came in today. They are 22x10.5 ET 35 AceAlloy Convex Rims shod with 285/35 R22 Conti's. I may be pushing it a little bit cutting over to them before the middle of April, but what the heck I needed to check to make sure they fit and sure enough they do, with only 8mm to spare at the front spindles. They are plenty wide and ride great. Trek is going to roast me at the meet though since I had to get Conti CrossContact DWS' for my summer setup. No other 285/35 R22 performance tires were really out there that I was comfortable with getting. I know these tires and they are great, so now I have a summer setup I can push for 9 plus months and then jump back to the 22 Double Helix's with my Pirelli Scorpion Winters when it gets really cold out and starts icing up. The Winters look mighty skinny compared to these.

Just a couple of issues, one the center cap bore is 72.6mm so my Jag Center Caps don't fit. Running the AceAlloy cap now. They also shipped them with Chrome lug nuts even though I requested black. I notified them so hopefully the black ones will be here next week.

If anyone has any read on Jag Center Caps in 72.6mm please let me know. I really want to get back to my growler or even just a Jaguar logo caps.

Pics follow.
Good Grief PA !!! How much Road does just one man really need to GRIP ??? >:)

BTW , Looks REAL NICE buddy !!! :) Those Wheels are SHARP !!! ;)
Those tires are WIDE !!! Are you still thinking about the *Fender Flares* ???

However , IMO , if you really want Growler Center Caps , on these wheels , I may have to suggest getting ones with a BLACK Background , instead of the stock Red Background !!! As those center caps on there right now , look pretty darn good !!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All I can say is 'wow!' Big fat tires.
Yes I wanted to fill the wheel wells, the tires are big, but the rims make them look bigger. I think I could get away with 295/35 R22s, and it might look a little better as the tire won't be stretched on the 10.5 rim, but I can't seem to find any out there that are really any good. I'm very happy with this setup. I just did some work today to get a black set of Jag Center caps setup on the Ace Centercaps and I think it looks pretty nice. I've got some other stuff coming in to try to make the center cap issue slightly better. I also have an email into ACE Alloy to see if there is any option to run the stock jag center caps with maybe a filler ring or something.

Shot of new Center Cap Setup below. I actually like the chrome lugs now with these center caps. Will swap them out when the black ones arrive to see how they look.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Yes I wanted to fill the wheel wells, the tires are big, but the rims make them look bigger. I think I could get away with 295/35 R22s, and it might look a little better as the tire won't be stretched on the 10.5 rim, but I can't seem to find any out there that are really any good. I'm very happy with this setup. I just did some work today to get a black set of Jag Center caps setup on the Ace Centercaps and I think it looks pretty nice. I've got some other stuff coming in to try to make the center cap issue slightly better. I also have an email into ACE Alloy to see if there is any option to run the stock jag center caps with maybe a filler ring or something.

Shot of new Center Cap Setup below. I actually like the chrome lugs now with these center caps. Will swap them out when the black ones arrive to see how they look.
That's a sick setup you have there. I think you know what I mean by using the term "sick":)
Tell me more about the center caps. What did you do to get the black growler to work. I have a similar issue with a set of aftermarket rims.
Do not drive that sucker on the street until you get those black lug nuts installed >:)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MTHM, I had ordered some black center caps a while ago and was thinking of swapping them out on the Double Helix's but decided not to do that. The black ones I ordered were actually two pieces. the shiny black and chrome growler piece which is not much more than an fairly thick foil and the plastic cap. I pulled the growler off the original cap and then used a heavy double face tape to affix it to the middle of the Ace cap for now. Most of the ACE cap is the same color as the wheel, so it doesn't look all that bad. I very much would prefer to have a 72.6mm Jag Center Cap, but I have not found one yet.

However, on the ACE site, there is another F-Pace with a similar set of ACE wheels with a Jag Growler in what looks to be a thicker frame. Kind of like a Center cap within a center cap. I contact them to find out about that setup.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can purchase on Ebay all sorts of replica center cap decals made of carbon fiber that attach over the centre cap logo that comes with your rims. Or you can remove the existing logo and replace it with the replica if the logo pops out which it may.

The replica logos come flat or curved so you have make sure what is the shape of your existing center cap that you are replacing and of course the correct size.

I was going to do that for my winter rims but now like the centre cap logo that came with them and I don't think I will bother to replace. There is a picture of them on this site.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If there was one thing on the exterior that i don't like about the f-pace, it is the skinny tires compared to the gle43 and others. Your setup rocks! I plan to go with ace rims too. I'll start ordering things as my delivery date approaches.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Looks good. Need to drop her just a tad. Well, we all do. I've actually never said that about a car because I typically am not into the lowered look, but Nnot sure who it was that did it, but it looked good and OEM, just took that gap out between the wheel and fender.

At any rate, looks great and curious to see how you like the ride over time and if you notice a difference. Isn't the shortest sidewall that comes OEM a 40? If I am thinking correctly, then you're running shorter than OEM (and I think that's not a bad thing because generally I felt like our tires are a little floaty).

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Looks good. Need to drop her just a tad. Well, we all do. I've actually never said that about a car because I typically am not into the lowered look, but Nnot sure who it was that did it, but it looked good and OEM, just took that gap out between the wheel and fender.
It was RMR , and these pics are from his Album ! Looks REAL GOOD !!!

The first one is AFTER lowering , and the second one is the front wheel BEFORE lowering !

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can purchase on Ebay all sorts of replica center cap decals made of carbon fiber that attach over the centre cap logo that comes with your rims. Or you can remove the existing logo and replace it with the replica if the logo pops out which it may.

The replica logos come flat or curved so you have make sure what is the shape of your existing center cap that you are replacing and of course the correct size.

I was going to do that for my winter rims but now like the centre cap logo that came with them and I don't think I will bother to replace. There is a picture of them on this site.
Toronto, your lead worked out great. I had skimmed through Ebay but felt it wasn't going to help due to the number of choices when you do a search. On your post, I went through the search list in more detail and what do I find, a nice black 65mm (72.6 is the new center cap) Growler domed sticker. I think that one is probably going to work the best. I would prefer it to be red I think to match the calipers, but the smaller black ones on the car now look real good, so the bigger ones that will more easily match the diameter of the new Ace Center cap will work really good I think. Thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

At any rate, looks great and curious to see how you like the ride over time and if you notice a difference. Isn't the shortest sidewall that comes OEM a 40? If I am thinking correctly, then you're running shorter than OEM (and I think that's not a bad thing because generally I felt like our tires are a little floaty).

JWreck I actually ordered the H&R lowering springs on Friday after posting the pictures to my sons. They all screamed about me lower it a little, so I broke down and ordered the darn springs. Luckily since they were screaming at me about it I twisted their arms to help me do the install. Two of them are really good wrench guys (both tech's at Honda) so the install will be cheap! I'm nervous about the ride impact, but it will look much better sitting at the height that RMR's F-Pace sits. The springs were overly expensive so if I don't like the ride afterwards I'll just have them removed.

Reactions: JWreck

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JWreck I actually ordered the H&R lowering springs on Friday after posting the pictures to my sons. They all screamed about me lower it a little, so I broke down and ordered the darn springs. Luckily since they were screaming at me about it I twisted their arms to help me do the install. Two of them are really good wrench guys (both tech's at Honda) so the install will be cheap! I'm nervous about the ride impact, but it will look much better sitting at the height that RMR's F-Pace sits. The springs were overly expensive so if I don't like the ride afterwards I'll just have them removed.
the springs were NOT overly expensive... by the way. About $350 all in with shipping. I'm looking forward to the install.

·
Banned
304 Posts
I will tell you one thing for sure, with tires that wide extending out past the wheel wells, you are going to throw up alot of debris, road tar, gravel ect. Would get the factory splashguards. I know some don't like them, but your will save the paint.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will tell you one thing for sure, with tires that wide extending out past the wheel wells, you are going to throw up alot of debris, road tar, gravel ect. Would get the factory splashguards. I know some don't like them, but your will save the paint.
I already have 3M Protectant film on the sides behind the wheels. When I get any splashing up on the body, it's mostly on the film. Replacing the film won't be an issue for me even if I have to do it once a year.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Nice! Like I said, normally not a big "moar low" kinda guy, but it looks so good. Curious what the difference in ride will be like it comfort and dynamic. Keep us updated!

·
Banned
304 Posts
I already have 3M Protectant film on the sides behind the wheels. When I get any splashing up on the body, it's mostly on the film. Replacing the film won't be an issue for me even if I have to do it once a year.

I did the same thing with my 650. Used Xpel on the rocker panels, and behind wheels. What irritates me is the road tar that slings up especially from the front tires on the body, along quarter panel & doors. Luckily they don't make splash guards for the car I might be tempted to get them.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did the same thing with my 650. Used Xpel on the rocker panels, and behind wheels. What irritates me is the road tar that slings up especially from the front tires on the body, along quarter panel & doors. Luckily they don't make splash guards for the car I might be tempted to get them.
Road tar will be an issue, but that can be removed with some elbow grease and the right cleaner. I was more concerned about rocks and other debris scratching or chipping the paint. The 3M film covers all of the direct places that can happen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts