Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, anyone know how to get factory tweeters out of dash moulding up by windshield ? upgrading to FOCALS. :)
thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya not too confident in just changing the tweets, but changed out my land rover and my Jeep in Focals. They are AWESOME!
I'm changing out all the speakers to focals, my installer was having difficulty getting to the f pace dash tweets..:)
thanks, Calelvis

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'm changing out all the speakers to focals, my installer was having difficulty getting to the f pace dash tweets..:)
thanks, Calelvis
They lift out with a PLASTIC pry bar. There are 4 small clips that you squeeze, They are press fit from what I see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot, that was what I expected :) that info and schematic was very helpful !! greatly appreciated.:)
I'm sure your post will help other jag f pace owners looking to upgrade or with stereo issues..

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's a far better idea. Should sound awesome. Do you have the 380 or 830watt?
I personally had some sound issues with the 830 and soundproofed the entire car, mostly due to rattles.
It's a tremendous difference but took some time. I'm very interested to hear about your results.
Good luck!

thanks a lot, that was what I expected :) that info and schematic was very helpful !! greatly appreciated.:)
I'm sure your post will help other jag f pace owners looking to upgrade or with stereo issues..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally had some sound issues with the 830 and soundproofed the entire car, mostly due to rattles.
It's a tremendous difference but took some time. I'm very interested to hear about your results.
Good luck!
i have the 380 w, amazing jag even offers it in a 2019 f pace SVR!! ?? the factory speakers were paper made in china i think, just have land rover stamped on them..
that's why i'm upgrading the speakers and soundproofing all door panels and plastic door skins. might replace sub, will see how new Focals sound first:)
will keep you informed on results and any tips when done..:)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i have the 380 w, amazing jag even offers it in a 2019 f pace SVR!! ?? the factory speakers were paper made in china i think, just have land rover stamped on them..
that's why i'm upgrading the speakers and soundproofing all door panels and plastic door skins. might replace sub, will see how new Focals sound first:)
Please add a parts list for the speakers you are using, are you just swapping them out for a different type or do you also have to swap the amp and other things. Add a few pictures of the work also.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Good luck!

What did you do for the sound proofing? Dynomat ? I did that to my mustang made a huge difference with keeping out the loud exhaust noise. I put it only on the floor from firewall to rear deck, Our F-PACES have a double wall floor, so maybe only the doors need it? What areas did you do and did you take any pictures ?

DP

·
Registered
457 Posts
That should sound much better than stock. And are you putting x2 component sets in the front and keeping amp then possibly sub?
That should work well and then will you preamp just the focals? Some will say that this will throw off the balance in the car but I've only noticed that in situations like yours it's necessary.
The deadening is great for your mid-low range. My only advice is don't buy the expensive brand stuff, total RIP off! I personally bought 80mil Noico off Amazon. Its excellent. I think it was 36 square feet for $90CAN and did the entire car. I found that with the jag I focused on the plastic on the inner of the lower speakers that rattled but I used it everywhere I possible could. I also used some silicone on all the clips on the entire door. As a bonus when you're all done, the car has a notable "thud" when you close the doors.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What did you do for the sound proofing? Dynomat ? I did that to my mustang made a huge difference with keeping out the loud exhaust noise. I put it only on the floor from firewall to rear deck, Our F-PACES have a double wall floor, so maybe only the doors need it? What areas did you do and did you take any pictures ?

DP
I used Noico, 80mil. It has no smell and cuts ok. I've used on a few projects and its been a fraction of the cost and as good or better than Fatmax, Dynamat, Husmatt etc.
Noico 80 mil 36 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_MdeDDbAPSSRRH

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts