Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I was at the dealer today and learnt that my diesel has been built and is at the port waiting to be shipped. I also have the VIN # and the expected delivery date is 10/28.

If you are waiting for your diesel FP- check with your dealer, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

Kris

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer in Tampa FL called me Today as they have a Premium Ammonite Grey with Black pkg, Navigation pkg, Cold pkg and Vision pkg.
Is available for $51,650 .

I should test drive tomorrow and ours is at the port in UK, with a delivery day of October 21st.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Folks,
I was at the dealer today and learnt that my diesel has been built and is at the port waiting to be shipped. I also have the VIN # and the expected delivery date is 10/28.

If you are waiting for your diesel FP- check with your dealer, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

Kris
Awesome, thanks. Sent an email to my dealer. Hoping for the same results ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
diesel built

Our r-sport 2.0d was built on 9/20 and is scheduled for delivery 11/11. Got vin number.
Ammonite, black pack, 22 silvers, oyster with lime stitch. White plains, NY.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Folks,

Kris
Got my VIN# as well. 10/28 delivery date!!!

Reactions: kris

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The VIN tracking for shipping is not yet working. I guess we will be able to see it only after it is loaded on to a ship.

Tracking instructions- copied from a different post:

Go to:*W & W Track and Trace

Enter your VIN number in the Cargo ID Box and hit "Track" if your car has been accepted at the dock you will see the ship it will be loaded on to and the date it will leave port.

If you click in the voyage number it will open a new window in your browser which will show you all of the ships ports of call. From that window you can see a time line.

Then you can go to*AIS Vessel Tracking*click on "All Vessels" under the heading of "Vessels" and enter the name of the ship your car is on and if you are lucky you can see exactly where it is on the ocean. Very cool if it works (it did not work for me once it was 1 day out of port.)*

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks to MKenM -I was able to use these instructions to locate my ship cruising a long at 13.8kn in the Celtic Sea

Use this link Find Ship (https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fr...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage)

Get the VIN from your dealer and put that number in the Cargo ID box, then click "Track". It will tell you if your vehicle has reached Southampton. If it has it will also tell you the ship it will be on, when it is leaving port. Then click on the voyage number and you will then see all the ports the ship will visit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Drove the diesel today and it is really smooth. Ours was built on 09/19, it is in the port in UK and should be ready for us on 10/21.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A more detailed feedback please. Does it feel under powered? Is auto start-stop annoying in stop and go traffic? Is it noisy at startup and low speeds?

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think everyone's diesel (who ordered early) is coming on the TIRRANNA, to save you some time. Just Google the ship name and you should get a link to its location. It's due to arrive in Baltimore on 10/4.

Attachments

Reactions: kris and tvn300

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine still says- no record found. There is one ship bound for Galveston in the next few days, probably it will be on that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I learnTed was that the the diesel I ordered didn't do so well. The MPGs were FAAAARR from what the dealer has REPEATEDLY told me (mid-high 40's) when I ordered in April. Seriously disappointed. Unimpressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tracking now shows that my car in on 'Freedom' due to arrive in Burnswick, GA on the 13th of Oct. I dont know why they are unloading it there as the next stop is on Galveston, TX. Excited!

Reactions: bpmba

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine shows the same thing! on board Freedom bound for Brunswick GA
Sounds like you guys will be the first Fpace diesels in the country. Can't wait to hear your feedback!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like you guys will be the first Fpace diesels in the country. Can't wait to hear your feedback!
Oops, my bad, "Tirranna" headed to Baltimore will beat 'ya by a week or so.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would be cool to see these rolling off the ship they're coming in on, anyone up for going to the shipping area it will be arriving in? ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
What would be so cool about this is that there are apparently 171 FPACEs on the Tirranna (docking 10/4 in Baltimore). THAT would be a sight to see! :)

1 - 20 of 180 Posts