Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm driving down the road and I notice an error come up: Adaptive Dynamics Fault message. At first I thought maybe it would go away once I start the car later again and nope, it's still there. It did rain a bit today which made the road a bit slippery but I wonder what triggered this and how much it can affect my car. This really sucks though, didn't want to add something else to negative list of things done wrong with the F-Pace.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Ah bummer. First time I've seen that. Ours has "Low beam faults" and "AEB faults" all the time, but that's a rather big system to have a fault. I wonder what didn't work during the time the fault was occurring??

·
Registered
474 Posts
Doh! Yes please keep us informed, which of course will take the time of going to the dealer etc unless it self clears. The good news is at least our car computers tell us there's faults and not just have a problem and we not know about it.

On my i3, there's a sh**-ton of faults that can be displayed. And with a billion dollars in research and development there's problems that have yet to be fixed. For example, I rarely go more than 50 miles in the car, but this one day I had taken it to the beach which required half generator power and half battery power. On the way back it was raining and the generator had been on for about an hour. All of a sudden I get "drivetrain malfunction error". Argh! What's that? Figured out that in the rain, when the generator is on for any length of time and humidity conditions are just right, that steam created by the generator heat puts moisture into the delicate electronics which aren't properly sealed up. After a day or 2, it dries out and problem gone.

So keep us informed buddy. ANd by the way Anenoso, every time I see your avatar I want to play Angry Birds.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No! No angry birds! Well, we are kind of angry for starting the football season 1-2 lol.

I dropped it off this morning. While I was there he did mention they received a special bulletin this morning about the hill assist function not working properly but that doesn't pertain to my car. I think I'm on drop off number 4 and I got the Disco Sport again.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got my windshield strips replaced and they took care of the Adaptive Dynamics Fault. I guess the connection for the right front suspension came loose and they just re plugged it. He did submit a quality report ticket to JLR as well and filled up my empty tank for driving out here. Good service is what is making me keep the car.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Got my windshield strips replaced and they took care of the Adaptive Dynamics Fault. I guess the connection for the right front suspension came loose and they just re plugged it. He did submit a quality report ticket to JLR as well and filled up my empty tank for driving out here. Good service is what is making me keep the car.
I'm TWO Hours away from my dealer ! So that LITTLE Gas Tank had better be reading FULL before I leave the Lot after service ! :) I hope I get the same "Good Service" you speak of !

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great news. That's good to know a serious sounding issue was just a loose connection. WHat a great dealer. Filling up your tank is quality service. I don't think many dealers would do that. H*ll, I just bought a brand new high roof Dodge cargo van and it came with 1/4 tank :(. That's just downright cheesy on a new car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This happened to us today!!! with only 155 Miles on the car Ughh. so i guess no quick fix, that means we have to take to the dealership?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I copied my post in another thread from February:

I had the same fault three times early on in ownershipship. Once, it happened coincidentally while I was driving near the dealership. I pulled into the service lane and had them run the code. The tech told me the code reported an error in a solenoid that affects the ride character, but was safe to drive. The suspension felt very stiff when the fault alert was on, but reset on a vehicle restart. I didn't make a service appointment at the time, intending to set up one later. However, I haven't seen the fault again since I stopped at the dealer (2-3 months ago).

It's now been probably 8 months and 6k miles since I've seen this message, and it's never been back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I copied my post in another thread from February:

I had the same fault three times early on in ownershipship. Once, it happened coincidentally while I was driving near the dealership. I pulled into the service lane and had them run the code. The tech told me the code reported an error in a solenoid that affects the ride character, but was safe to drive. The suspension felt very stiff when the fault alert was on, but reset on a vehicle restart. I didn't make a service appointment at the time, intending to set up one later. However, I haven't seen the fault again since I stopped at the dealer (2-3 months ago).

It's now been probably 8 months and 6k miles since I've seen this message, and it's never been back.
Thats crazy! We will take the kitty to the vet and get her checked out. I was just wondering if there is a quick fix.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A different thread has another possible fix but it looks like the fault has to be active for the service department to actually see the cause.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
they took care of the Adaptive Dynamics Fault. I guess the connection for the right front suspension came loose and they just re plugged it.
This happened to us today!!! with only 155 Miles on the car Ughh. so i guess no quick fix, that means we have to take to the dealership?
Hey @stocksam2010 ! Did you see this earlier post from Anenoso , that says how his was fixed ???
Sounds like it was quick and easy !!! Maybe yours will be the same !!!:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey @stocksam2010 ! Did you see this earlier post from Anenoso , that says how his was fixed ???
Sounds like it was quick and easy !!! Maybe yours will be the same !!!:)
Well, the error just went away! all by its self !! lets see if it will come back up

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Mine threw this code last night at a stoplight a mile from my house after driving 300 miles home from Tucson (I'm up to 3300 miles now in 21 days! Might be time for a road-trip break, lol). It came on immediately after the AS/S had restarted when the light turned green....and WOW did the car feel different! Since it was already nearly 10pm and I knew there was a good chance it would reset itself after a complete shutdown, I just went on home. As expected, it was fine this morning, no code. I did drive through a serious monsoon on the way home but odd that it waited until I was stopped at a light to throw the code.
I will call the service manager at Barrett later today and see if they ran all the AD-related TSBs during my PDI. Otherwise, I will turn off AS/S for now and wait and see if it happens again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine threw this code last night at a stoplight a mile from my house after driving 300 miles home from Tucson (I'm up to 3300 miles now in 21 days! Might be time for a road-trip break, lol). It came on immediately after the AS/S had restarted when the light turned green....and WOW did the car feel different! Since it was already nearly 10pm and I knew there was a good chance it would reset itself after a complete shutdown, I just went on home. As expected, it was fine this morning, no code. I did drive through a serious monsoon on the way home but odd that it waited until I was stopped at a light to throw the code.
I will call the service manager at Barrett later today and see if they ran all the AD-related TSBs during my PDI. Otherwise, I will turn off AS/S for now and wait and see if it happens again.
Same exact thing happened to me 3 days ago. Warning came on and the car was driving HORRIBLY. I called the dealer and made an appointment but when I left work and started the car warning was off and the car was driving fine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me 3 days ago. Warning came on and the car was driving HORRIBLY. I called the dealer and made an appointment but when I left work and started the car warning was off and the car was driving fine.
I got the adaptive dynamics fault message this morning while sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. I couldn't tell that the ride changed too much, but only Normal mode was available. If I tried to switch to Dynamic or Eco I got a "special modes not available" message.

I can't even find this fault in the lists of warnings/messages in the owners manual. I guess I'll see if I still have the fault when I start up the car to go home this evening and go from there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I got the adaptive dynamics fault message this morning while sitting in heavy stop and go traffic. I couldn't tell that the ride changed too much, but only Normal mode was available. If I tried to switch to Dynamic or Eco I got a "special modes not available" message.

I can't even find this fault in the lists of warnings/messages in the owners manual. I guess I'll see if I still have the fault when I start up the car to go home this evening and go from there.

Must have been in the air this morning, I had it this morning too when I first started the car in the garage. I shut it down, got out, locked in, waited a less than a minute and got back in. Figured if it hadn't reset I'd just deal with it until I got to Starbucks then go inside instead of drive-thru, but it reset itself and there were no more issues.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts