Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had enough repetitive trouble, such as ICTP, or any other issues, that would warrant buyback by Jaguar under U.S. Lemon Laws? The Brits are exchanging/refusing cars left and right under their Consumer Protection Laws.
Cheers,
AutoAnsGuy

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
The lemon law is different from state to state. In NJ it is a lengthy process where you are best represented by a lawyer. Jaguar generally does not buy back vehicles. It is handled by the local dealer. If you search the forum there are several who have gotten rid of their vehicles for various and sundry reasons only a couple have been lucky enough to have JLR intervene. If the dealer buys the vehicle back at whatever negotiated price the car can be resold but if it is purchased back by the manufacturer my understanding is that the car must be destroyed.

Check to see what your states requirements are. There is a ton of documentation that must be collected and in NJ you must go to court and a judge decides if the car is a lemon. Lots of luck on whatever route you choose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U.S. Lemon Laws

The lemon law is different from state to state. In NJ it is a lengthy process where you are best represented by a lawyer. Jaguar generally does not buy back vehicles. It is handled by the local dealer. If you search the forum there are several who have gotten rid of their vehicles for various and sundry reasons only a couple have been lucky enough to have JLR intervene. If the dealer buys the vehicle back at whatever negotiated price the car can be resold but if it is purchased back by the manufacturer my understanding is that the car must be destroyed.

Check to see what your states requirements are. There is a ton of documentation that must be collected and in NJ you must go to court and a judge decides if the car is a lemon. Lots of luck on whatever route you choose.
Well, I should have known it would be you. I basically asked for the time of day, so to speak, and you built me a watch. Since you have not been involved with the lemon laws with respect to your FP, then your reply has no real meaning. I was looking for input from FP owners who were/are directly involved with lemon laws, The key is proper documentation of an identical recurring fault.

I am already thoroughly up to date with the lemon laws here in Georgia, thank you very much. I do not believe I gave you any indication that I am planning legal action, especially since I do not yet own an FP.

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nah, he was right, the laws vary by state. You can look up those in your own state easily enough. In the case of lemon law the specific manufacture makes no difference since applicable laws apply to all of them equally. I can tell you that here in WA state I started pursing a lemon law on one of Mrs Crabs cars and BMW gave here a new car instead. Note that the car didn't actually go through the process, they nipped it in the bud and traded straight across for another car. I did not hire an attorney but I did consult one who told me that the qualifications for lemon were straight forward. If the car met them it would go through although they are usually traded before that happens and the car is actually lemon(ed) and that's exactly how it went down. I'm wondering now if that is due to the destroy thing mentioned above, I've never heard that one. I thought they just have to be sold as used after that. Gonna have to do some reading...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I should have known it would be you. I basically asked for the time of day, so to speak, and you built me a watch. Since you have not been involved with the lemon laws with respect to your FP, then your reply has no real meaning. I was looking for input from FP owners who were/are directly involved with lemon laws, The key is proper documentation of an identical recurring fault.

I am already thoroughly up to date with the lemon laws here in Georgia, thank you very much. I do not believe I gave you any indication that I am planning legal action, especially since I do not yet own an FP.

Cheers
That's a little harsh bud. MKen has provided a TON of awesome advice on this forum where you have not had that opportunity. I suggest you be a little more respectful of folks on here who are simply trying to help out.

Mike

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I basically asked for the time of day, so to speak, and you built me a watch.
The response you received was actually kind of *IMPRESSIVE* !!!

Usually question's around here get answered with , *RTFM* !!! >:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's a little harsh bud. MKen has provided a TON of awesome advice on this forum where you have not had that opportunity. I suggest you be a little more respectful of folks on here who are simply trying to help out.

Mike
Have to agree. If every time someone on here responded to a non-answer (or pointless response) that way, every one of GR's posts would have a series of quotes and comments posted after it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Instead of going into the Lemon Law nonsense here's what I did. We've bought 15 JLR products in 9 years so being as good of a customer as we are played into my issue. The dealership can get approval from JLR to do what is called a Swap of Collateral. In essence, I'm getting a new FPace and not paying anything for it. The new car is swapped on the loan or you swap titles.

This way the old car isn't lemoned. The dealer gets made whole by JLR and the old car can still be auctioned or sold as used. A majority of these swaps are done this way because eventually the cars with problems will most likely get solved, to a large degree.

In my case they weren't taking any chances given we have an additional transaction for a 2017 Range Rover Big Body arriving in about 4 weeks. They don't xxxx around with me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am already thoroughly up to date with the lemon laws here in Georgia...
Sorry you are having a bad day. But knock it off. It should be clear to you that you got an entirely reasonable and helpful answer given your question. And if you have so **** much experience why ask it at all. Go troll elsewhere. Sheesh.

Reactions: Dabitz

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Curious and a little off topic AutoAnsGuy, you've been abrasively trolling the U.K. forum since early 2016 without ever purchasing a vehicle? Why?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Curious and a little off topic AutoAnsGuy, you've been abrasively trolling the U.K. forum since early 2016 without ever purchasing a vehicle? Why?
Yeah, notice that as well. Interesting, no F-Pace info in signature, just a Jeep and a Mercedes and "blah blah blah"?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm curious as to what JLR will do with my F-Pace...have a feeling they will offer to swap it for another or perhaps a different vehicle (only other option would be in the Land Rover family since I still need an CUV/SUV not a sedan). Wouldn't mind a Disco Sport (I actually like them, contrary to what Trek says, haha) or perhaps a deal on a CPO Range Rover Sport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts