Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my delayed ownership report after owning F-Pace for two years. Here are the fuel mileage stats**:
Days owned - 757
  • # of Refueling stops - 104
  • Overage Days Between - 7.3
  • Total Galons - 1405.043
  • Total $ - $4,286.86
  • Miles: Total - 47,723
  • Overall MPGs - 33.97
  • Average Distance - 459
  • Max Distance - 541
  • Number of 500M+ between refueling - 19
  • Average daily mileage - 63
  • Daily Gas $ - $5.66
  • Monthly - $169.89
  • Miles Daily - 63
  • Miles Weekly - 441
  • Miles Monthly - 1890
** I did not record one of the refueling stops (my significant other used my car for some time, and she conveniently forgot about my obsession to record vital stats)

Other miscellaneous facts and observations at the end of the second year of the ownership:
  • Repairs covered by warranty - 2;
  • Deers hit - 2; both within two months of the ownership;
  • Number of small scratches - 2 (I did not listen to my mama when she said to close the back hatch before backing out of the garage)
  • Number of small dents - 1
  • Most frequently played pop-song while driving - Dynabeat by Jain
  • Most frequently played rap(ish)-song while driving - Getting Jiggy With It by Will Smith
  • The most favorite feature I love that I did not think as a big deal but ordered because my significant other asked to have it - heated seats and steering wheel.
  • The most favorite feature that I knew I would like it - activity key
  • The most favorite feature that I knew I would appreciate but exceeded my expectations - a heated windshield.
  • The option I wish I added - driver assistance package.
  • The best thing I like about my car even after two years of the ownership - pardon my French but IT'S a F#$%ING JAGUAR!!! Enough said!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Great write up and Stats!!! Collected! That is dedication and shows the efficiency of the Diesel! I can tell you my mileage states on the 2017 First Edition or my 2019 SVR are no where near as good. But they weren't/Aren't bad either considering the HP those cars have and the fact they are gas.

Great post, thanks NewToCats!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yes, great to see that.... I'm not a statistician like you are, but we are 2 years in also, but other than 2 returns to the dealer for CEL/ DEF issues and yearly maintenance, it really has been great. We have always been in the 30's city and 40's MPG highway on longer trips. It really has done everything we wanted with style, efficiency, and good as expected reliability...
Surefooted in the winter (With Blizzaks on..) and dependable the rest of the year in all weather conditions. (Stock tires will be gone by 30K) we are also happy with our choice. The key to the future with this vehicle will be longevity/durability with decent care, expenses AFTER the 5/60, and if emissions issues rear their ugly heads, which are common on light duty diesels. DPF and sensor issues are typical anytime after say 75K range. It will be interesting to see how well JAG has actually engineered this system. One thing for sure, is it will be God awful expensive to fix outside the federal emissions warranty, of which I've never got a straight answer as to how long that lasts?

But all in all, it hums and strums everyday and is all that we thought it would be. It took a while to grow on my wife, but now she is actually pretty protective of it, and while she'll never admit it, is probably the best vehicle she's ever had....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, great to see that.... I'm not a statistician like you are, but we are 2 years in also, but other than 2 returns to the dealer for CEL/ DEF issues and yearly maintenance, it really has been great. We have always been in the 30's city and 40's MPG highway on longer trips. It really has done everything we wanted with style, efficiency, and good as expected reliability...
Surefooted in the winter (With Blizzaks on..) and dependable the rest of the year in all weather conditions. (Stock tires will be gone by 30K) we are also happy with our choice. The key to the future with this vehicle will be longevity/durability with decent care, expenses AFTER the 5/60, and if emissions issues rear their ugly heads, which are common on light duty diesels. DPF and sensor issues are typical anytime after say 75K range. It will be interesting to see how well JAG has actually engineered this system. One thing for sure, is it will be God awful expensive to fix outside the federal emissions warranty, of which I've never got a straight answer as to how long that lasts?

But all in all, it hums and strums everyday and is all that we thought it would be. It took a while to grow on my wife, but now she is actually pretty protective of it, and while she'll never admit it, is probably the best vehicle she's ever had....

I just checked my records, and two DEF sensor replacements occurred within one month at 35K and 36K miles. Based on the posts I read in this forum, this is the most common issue diesel owners have experienced so far, which leads me to speculate that the first generation of DEF sensors were faulty to begin with. Service manager pivoted in his answer like a seasoned politician when I asked point-blank if should I plan regular trips to the dealership to replace sensors that fail. If this is the only issue after the warranty expires and if I can get 40K+ in between replacements, then I'll absorb the replacement cost. Anything less than that and I will start shopping for a different vehicle and most likely even a different brand.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

I saw the emissions warranty limit on my paperwork when I dropped it off this morning....it said 80K. :D

I’m at 2 years as well and couldn’t be happier. Of course I took it in for the ICTP update today and the dealership called 2 hours in and told me that they fried my module. But that’s for another thread lol.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I saw the emissions warranty limit on my paperwork when I dropped it off this morning....it said 80K. :D
Did it happen to say 8/80? That is what my JEEP diesel was and it got put in play at 77K miles with a new DPF covered under this federal emissions warranty. That would have been a 3500.00 fix to me without this warranty. I'm sure JLR would be more for sure and would hate to even ask what a dealer would charge to replace that unit. DPF's DO have a lifespan, and I prefer not to be around when that number comes up.....!

·
Registered
80 Posts
That was a great post - very much appreciate the efforts to track all of that! 1000 web points for you!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it happen to say 8/80? That is what my JEEP diesel was and it got put in play at 77K miles with a new DPF covered under this federal emissions warranty. That would have been a 3500.00 fix to me without this warranty. I'm sure JLR would be more for sure and would hate to even ask what a dealer would charge to replace that unit. DPF's DO have a lifespan, and I prefer not to be around when that number comes up.....!
$3500 to replace a faulty sensor? Jeez! This may be the first time ever I will consider buying an extended warranty!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
$3500 to replace a faulty sensor? Jeez! This may be the first time ever I will consider buying an extended warranty!
No, That was to replace the DPF filter , a pretty major component to the emissions system.( think like a catalytic convertor for rough comparison…} although 2 weeks before this fix I had a Particulate sensor go bad and it would have been 1100.00 if not covered by my previously purchased extended warranty....

I'm sure any extended warranty for a JAG would be big bucks and it would have to be scrutinized to see what it DIDN'T cover. Prob won't go there on the Jag.... If it starts giving me trouble after 5/60.. It will be gone in a heartbeat....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts