Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just like any other FPacers here, I am having the same issues. My F-Pace has 4000 miles on it in 4-months. Problems started around 1000 miles. First noise from the back seat area and then variety of software issues with ICTP.

Due to busy work schedule took a while to take my F-Pace to the original dealer in Pasadena - southern California (250miles far from my home). Explained everything to the sales person (service department was closed over the weekend). Got a loaner. Left my F-Pace for 1-week. Picked it up on weekend (again service department was closed). The sales person told me everything was fixed. But, in fact nothing was done. Software was still the same "15.4-10179". The rear spring isolaters were not changed. For most of my problems service advisor wrote that "problem was not found. No fix applied." However according to them they applied the software update from TOPIX JTB00510NAS2. I wrote a very disappointing email to the sales persons and to the service manager. No respond. Very frustrating experience.

1 week after decided to take my F-Pace to my local jaguar dealership. I gave them the same list of problems. This time I left car for 11 days. This time they changed the rear spring isolaters and again applied the software update from TOPIX JTB00510NAS2. I also showed them the K437NAS1 - Service Action: InControl Touch Pro Phase 2.5 Software Update (December 12, 2016). They said they updated the software according to the same bulletin.

My problem is that the noise is still coming from the passenger seat. I took the picture and it looks I have the new isolaters. But, the noise like two styrofoam are rubbing against each other is still there. The software is still the same "15.4-10179". Map was not updated since 12/3/2016 and date activation is still 08/04/2016 when I got the car initially. My music and navigation data is still there. So, I know the software was not updated.

I am so frustrated now. Two different service departments failed to solve the problems. What should be my next step? I love the car but the noise from the passenger seat is so irritating that I don't feel like driving it at all. The software has so many bugs that even basic functions like camera freezes almost daily. I feel like I made a big mistake trusting on Jaguar brand and more over trusting on a newer model. Any advice?

Reactions: MER

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
There is no map update as of now. BTW you can download and install map updates when they are available. As far as the Styrofoam sound is concerned it might be the seat itself rubbing against the seat belt release or console. Have you tried raising the passenger seat as high as it can go? Just a thought.

Look under the ICTP Super Update thread. There are folks that have posted pictures of the latest version of firmware they have had loaded by their dealers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no map update as of now. BTW you can download and install map updates when they are available. As far as the Styrofoam sound is concerned it might be the seat itself rubbing against the seat belt release or console. Have you tried raising the passenger seat as high as it can go? Just a thought.

Look under the ICTP Super Update thread. There are folks that have posted pictures of the latest version of firmware they have had loaded by their dealers.

Thanks MKenM. I was talking about the real passenger seat. It can not be raised right? I have convenience package and I have tried the max recline setting as well. The noise is still there. Its something else.

In the Oct super update thread members talk about having updated app version of "20.13-1134". Mine is still "15.4-10179". But what to do now? How can I get an update when two dealers says thats the most current they have?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it sounds like Styrofoam and coming from the back seat area...check the spare tire..it is surrounded by Styrofoam. It may be out of alignment in there.
Good idea. I will take the spare tire out tomorrow just to see if spare is the issue. Thank you. Good thing to check.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
That is/maybe because they have not had their computers updated (hard to believe). The updates are sent to the dealers computers by JLR. You have proof that there is newer firmware out there you may just have to show them a screen shot from the forum.

The other sound you might be referring to has to do with the rear cargo cover. I asked one of the forum members to see if they can locate the fix. Does it sound like that is where it is coming from? Try putting an abject that weighs about 15-20 LBS on the cargo cover then ride around and see if that quiets the noise.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks MKenM. I was talking about the real passenger seat. It can not be raised right? I have convenience package and I have tried the max recline setting as well. The noise is still there. Its something else.

In the Oct super update thread members talk about having updated app version of "20.13-1134". Mine is still "15.4-10179". But what to do now? How can I get an update when two dealers says thats the most current they have?
Other members on this forum that have had the rear spring isolators replaced have reported hearing noises again. The fix was attaching a cross bar - #K417NAS1.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
There is a "cross-brace" fix available. It stopped the clinking noise I was getting from the rear inside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other members on this forum that have had the rear spring isolators replaced have reported hearing noises again. The fix was attaching a cross bar - #K417NAS1.

Today I took the spare wheel, all the tools, tire cover everything out of the trunk.
Drove the car rear seats upright and down but was still getting the noise.

I believe I might need cross bar - #K417NAS1 fix.

But what to do with the update? Dealer is denying it. According to him he got me the latest update.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
If the dealer insists you have the latest update which sounds incorrect based on this thread call JLR Customer Relations Center on Monday @ 1-855-524-8278 and open a case with them. You will need to tell them about issues that you are having with the ICTP. You will need to be specific. You can't just tell them you want the latest update if there is nothing wrong with your system. Sounds weird but they will not do anything if there is nothing wrong. As they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Please let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Definitely need the cross brace fix. Same thing happened to me and I had the rear isolators replaced thinking that was the issue but the noise was still there. Noise is now gone after the cross brace fix.

As for the software, they may not have applied the super update but did apply some other minor updates. I know I had a few updates done to mine, my service advisor was adamant they were done, but nothing changed in my information/version documentation in the system. But I did notice improvement so I was inclined to agree with my SA. My FP will go in for maintenance soon and I will be interested to see if they apply the super update. So far, still having issues with back up camera not always coming on and the system not doing well with music from my iphone, be it Bluetooth or USB plug in.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Today I took the spare wheel, all the tools, tire cover everything out of the trunk.
Drove the car rear seats upright and down but was still getting the noise.

I believe I might need cross bar - #K417NAS1 fix.

But what to do with the update? Dealer is denying it. According to him he got me the latest update.
You can tell if you have the ICTP update by checking the navigation display view options screen. When in the map screen select the icon that looks like a little stack of paper. If you have the screen below (or similar because this is version when a route is active) you have the newer version of ICTP. This has been covered ad naseum, in depth and beaten to death in the super update thread and elsewhere.

We have never truly resolved whether those "version" numbers actually mean anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can tell if you have the ICTP update by checking the navigation display view options screen. When in the map screen select the icon that looks like a little stack of paper. If you have the screen below (or similar because this is version when a route is active) you have the newer version of ICTP. This has been covered ad naseum, in depth and beaten to death in the super update thread and elsewhere.

We have never truly resolved whether those "version" numbers actually mean anything.

Definitely, I dont have that. so I am still running the old software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I called the JLR customer service number. I got my case number. I was told that they will call me back in 2 days with the resolution. So far Its been 5 days and no response.
I will call them back on Tuesday to see what's going on. I swear I was treated better by Toyota dealrship when they came out with the accelerator recall.

So frustrating experience...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
F-Pace came back from the dealership for the third time. According to dealer, they updated the software to 2.5 (the third time)!! But, No new icons, nothing has changed. Called JLR and opened up a case after the second failed repair attempt. The JLR customer care rep gave me a case number, but she never returns my call or reply to my emails. She never contacted the dealership to tell them how to install the new software. Also, according to the dealership the cross brace creak fix does not apply to my F-Pace. When I checked my VIN number against the recall Vin numbers on this forum, it clearly falls under that recall. Car still makes the squeaking noise and they can't figure out why!

The worst buy ever. No matter how much I love my F-Pace its never ending problem. Epic failure from JLR customer relationship as well. So frustrating!

·
Registered
258 Posts
F-Pace came back from the dealership for the third time. According to dealer, they updated the software to 2.5 (the third time)!! But, No new icons, nothing has changed. Called JLR and opened up a case after the second failed repair attempt. The JLR customer care rep gave me a case number, but she never returns my call or reply to my emails. She never contacted the dealership to tell them how to install the new software. Also, according to the dealership the cross brace creak fix does not apply to my F-Pace. When I checked my VIN number against the recall Vin numbers on this forum, it clearly falls under that recall. Car still makes the squeaking noise and they can't figure out why!

The worst buy ever. No matter how much I love my F-Pace its never ending problem. Epic failure from JLR customer relationship as well. So frustrating!
Is there another dealer that is not to far from you that you can take your car to for service.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is there another dealer that is not to far from you that you can take your car to for service.
I agree with StormGrey. Third times a charm. Seems you live in the Southern California area and there are several dealers around. I live in Orange County and we have three(Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, and Anaheim Hills). I bought mine at Galpin Jaguar in Van Nuys. Maybe call the service department before you go and explain your situation. Get a feel for whether they understand the issues and they've dealt with them before. Then maybe you can feel comfortable that they can fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the dealer insists you have the latest update which sounds incorrect based on this thread call JLR Customer Relations Center on Monday @ 1-855-524-8278 and open a case with them. You will need to tell them about issues that you are having with the ICTP. You will need to be specific. You can't just tell them you want the latest update if there is nothing wrong with your system. Sounds weird but they will not do anything if there is nothing wrong. As they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Please let us know how you make out.
Took F Pace S to dealer for software upgrade, crashed their computers or so I was told. They are contacting Jag USA? My navigation shuts down after 20 mins every time. Have ATT package, been VERY time consuming getting it fixed.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Took F Pace S to dealer for software upgrade, crashed their computers or so I was told. They are contacting Jag USA? My navigation shuts down after 20 mins every time. Have ATT package, been VERY time consuming getting it fixed.
More likely, they didn't follow procedures and crashed your computer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you still have issues with the noise you might try doing a phone video recording as proof.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts