Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, has anyone noticed that when you "sync" temp on HVAC that if you change the fan speed that the syncing disengages? How stupid. Was driving me batty as to why the syncing was always off. Well touch the fan speed buttons and it drops the syncing.

The other issue is the engine. I've got an S with 380HP. It sounds like a ticking time bomb. There is this raspy ticking noise that is always present that sounds harsh...anyone else have that?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Have you pissed anyone off recently? Someone could be trying to take you out ;)
In all seriousness though I also have an S and do not have any strange noises coming from the engine compartment. If you do have one that is constant its worth bringing to your dealers attention. Hope you do not get the dreaded "could not replicate" response on the invoice though haha

Reactions: crabman

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
*VERY ANNOYING* !!! We have the Luxury Package , which offers Rear Climate Controls , and it does the EXACT same thing as what you are describing ! If the person in the rear seats changes the Rear Fan Speed , it changes the Front as well ! They can adjust their AC or Heat Temp , without affecting the front , but the Fan Speed adjustment affects both areas ! I think that is ridiculous , because if I want the Air Blowing on High up front , it doesn't necessarily mean the people in the back want it blowing on High as well ! I know , a "Minor Issue" , but an "Irritating Issue" none the less !

·
Registered
390 Posts
So effectively, the last person to adjust fan speed, regardless of seating postion, sets it for all occupants? That's stupid. Boo!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
*VERY ANNOYING* !!! We have the Luxury Package , which offers Rear Climate Controls , and it does the EXACT same thing as what you are describing ! If the person in the rear seats changes the Rear Fan Speed , it changes the Front as well ! They can adjust their AC or Heat Temp , without affecting the front , but the Fan Speed adjustment affects both areas ! I think that is ridiculous , because if I want the Air Blowing on High up front , it doesn't necessarily mean the people in the back want it blowing on High as well ! I know , a "Minor Issue" , but an "Irritating Issue" none the less !
Thats why I didnt get the luxury interior package, I knew there would be a downside, HAH! ;)>:)

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I believe there is a way to change this. I know I've been able to blast air in back to reach rear doggy prison separately from front. Traveling so can't test now.

See:

Jaguar Owner Information

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I believe there is a way to change this. I know I've been able to blast air in back to reach rear doggy prison separately from front. Traveling so can't test now.

See:

Jaguar Owner Information
THANKS , VZX !!! I checked out that link , and I went to "Climate Control" section , which was VERY detailed , but I could not find anything that specifically talked about separation of "Fan Controls" ! Since the "Temperature" Function seems to be working properly , I am thinking maybe that the Fan Speed Control Buttons are just all directly wired together , instead of separately wired , so that they could be adjusted separately ! Unless I hear of a FIX on here first , I am planning on asking my SA about this ! Thanks again , *GR*

Have A Great Trip , and a *Happy New Year* !!! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same thing in the Jag XJ loaner I had a few months back. Son was messing with the controls in the back and it messed with the controls up front. Most cars usually have the fan speed tied together (or at least previous gens...not sure so much about new gens)...not necessarily just a Jag issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts