Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m 36k and 2+ years post Turbo-only repair. It really depends on how it failed, and what may have gotten into the engine. If you can do a forensic check to make sure you’ve still got all the bits for the turbo, you should be ok w/ just replacing that. Just reading various forums, seems quite a few have been able to do just that. If anything broke loose and damaged the engine, then a new engine is likely needed (unless you can find an independent to do a tear down/rebuild or DIY).
Thank you for the advice - I am told “fins” were damaged but will follow up further. The picture the shop sent of the fins depict them in place but damaged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of having a forensic check. My turbo broke without warning of any kind - its a 2017 2.0l sport F-Pace - 80,000m. Don't know what happened or why (hence the analysis). I have just learned that a friend of mine had an XF at 100,000m had the same issue with a 2017 plate and needed a completely new engine at £16k. Jaguar finally agreed to pay 60% for them, but I could really do without the hassle and am now 3 weeks without my car, which I need for work! It would appear that this is a common problem - does anyone have an experience/thoughts, please?

Out '18 2.0d just went into the dealer last night with what appears to be turbo failure. 59.4k miles so it's warrantied still but in another month I might have been at their mercy. We'll see what they find and I'll post it.
I am DEFINITELY at their mercy - really upset and disappointed!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts