Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
For anyone interested in not critizing, I installed my Racechip yesterday and it's awesome!
I have driven a few S models that I was interested in last year, and this chip felt like it was more than that, as the numbers showed.
To confirm this subjective opinion, I just got back from a dealership that had an S for sale and I was correct, you see get more pull with this tune. To be honest this is just a biased opinion I obviously did not throw it on the dyno.
I'm sure some will criticize etc. but just in case you were curious like i was, but didn't want to fork out 4 times that for a remap ( that works), and no one had tried it, this tune works very well and can be removed in seconds.
I must also note that the super V6 340 variant is a major reason it works so well. It's basically the perfect motor to use this on, as it's de'tuned. I'm quite sure it would be virtually useless in other motors.
Can you share some photos of your car tuning setup?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can take a pic, but it's very very basic. It's just the turbo boost and the MAP sensors unplugged and replugged in a harness with a racechip and zip ties to keep things in place.
On another note... like you, I just finished changing my cladding, i painted it all. The body is all BRG in the front to match an R sport (when I put the fog lights in), and the sides and back I just finshed. I painted the back black gloss. It's was some work prepping to be honest but it matched pretty well I think.
I think all do the calipers in a dark red next?
I am interested. Can you share some pictures of your tuning setup? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can take a pic, but it's very very basic. It's just the turbo boost and the MAP sensors unplugged and replugged in a harness with a racechip and zip ties to keep things in place.
Is your racechip still working good? 7 fine tuning mappings that I am wondering how it works
After all your car is looking good!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks, and sorry I haven't remembered to take a pic, but i will. Here is is the tune in a nutshell..... the chip is just changing a few parameters before it even gets to your ECU. In my motor a 3.0L Supercharged 340hp variant, it is undertuned. This chip simply puts it close to the S models numbers with a little more torque than the S model.
It works well, you will feel it in all modes and ranges but I liked the ease of taking it out quickly if I go to the dealership, or I would have done a better tune (like the VelocityAP). I got the basic racechip for 299euro. The mapping is just marketing BS in my opinion, ignore that. When you change 1 map it alters the numbers about 1-2%, which is nothing. I suggest buying the cheapest racechip. Also consider what motor you have (as a 3.0L S with 380 would see very little increase), despite what they claim at racechip. Hope that helps, cheers

a pic, but it's very very basic. It's just the turbo boost and the MAP sensors unplugged and replugged in a harness with a racechip and zip ties to keep things in place.
Is your racechip still working good? 7 fine tuning mappings that I am wondering how it works
After all your car is looking good![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Secondly, this is not true. If you have my V6 at the 340 Variant it's just a plain dumb comment.

No offense but how is this dumb? I have owned and worked on many sports cars over the years and these we call 'Liar's boxes'.
Works the same as putting your car in Sport mode (Dynamic) and the selector in 'S'.
Try it, :D

I have a 340HP V6 Prestige myself and until you come back with a dyno sheet or actual slip form a dragway (Or at least pictures of you using a VBOX or equivalent), I chalk down your butt-seat-o-meter performance increase as a psychological farce..

It is 'simple' to plug in and unplug when you go to the dealer.
REAL tunes on cars work as they actually change fuel mappings/ timings / firing , fuel pressues, etc.. etc... (Different things on difference cars)
but sadly void our warranty on our cars.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm not too sure where to start.... but I am at the very least surprised by your blurb.
Your basic premise that there is only "real tunes" defined by entire remaps is wrong. That is not the same thing. This is not a remap, like the one VelocityAP offers. That is more expensive and offers more in return. This is a "chip" that alters the way the computer (under it's current state) reads the environment. By changing those external variables the computer then sends more fuel, air or whatever.... but it acts differently then it did, and the car responds, and goes faster.
Like everything, there are cheap fakes, but what exactly is your point here? When is there not cheap fraudulent versions that claim whatever they want? You worked on sports cars. What exactly did you do?
Is there a psychological variable? Yes, I would think there is, but again, what is that point? There is a psychological component on my confidence when I loose winter weight, hit the gym and walk around all summer, I feel good and strong, is that to say I didn't lose the weight?
Here is the dyno sheet you asked for, showing the result of a chip, on a Honda, from a another thread on this forum.
T.

Secondly, this is not true. If you have my V6 at the 340 Variant it's just a plain dumb comment.

No offense but how is this dumb? I have owned and worked on many sports cars over the years and these we call 'Liar's boxes'.
Works the same as putting your car in Sport mode (Dynamic) and the selector in 'S'.
Try it, /forum/images/FPaceForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

I have a 340HP V6 Prestige myself and until you come back with a dyno sheet or actual slip form a dragway (Or at least pictures of you using a VBOX or equivalent), I chalk down your butt-seat-o-meter performance increase as a psychological farce..

REAL tunes on cars work as they actually change fuel mappings/ timings / firing , fuel pressues, etc.. etc... (Different things on difference cars)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try it, :D

Not trying to be argumentative but you have provided no data to prove this is a “liars box”. I don’t know if this is or is not a good solution, but your opinion is based on the same bias that you are arguing against.

I do have real life data with before and after Dyno pulls to show a very similar solution worked phenomenally well on the old VW 1.8T motors. On the dyno it showed a 43hp and 55tq gain at the wheels.

To your point about tunes, of course they are generally superior in every way (when I upgraded that 1.8t to a tune I gained another 40hp and 48tq).

As for the race chip, I can’t discount it yet until I see some proof that it doesn’t provide any HP/TQ gains on a before and after dyno.

Not sure I’m willing to try at this point but someone should.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts