Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone tried the Race Chip solution yet?

https://www.racechip.com/shop/jaguar/f-pace-x761-from-2015/3-0-2995ccm-340hp-250kw-450nm.html

From Race Chip:

With the RaceChip you always receive the suitable wiring for your engine.

It gets connected to different sensors right in the engine bay where it changes the performance relevant values in real time.

Since RaceChip is only connected to different sensors in the engine bay it isn't in any relation to car's ECU. A tuning is only detectable if it has been done on the ECU. Therefore with removing the RaceChip it doesn't leave any proof of tuning.

So we recommend you to remove the RaceChip before going to service. On this way there isn't any risk of manufacturer's warranty.

In fact the RaceChip is working with the boost pressure and manifold intake pressure values in this V6 engine. So it is a two channel system.​

They could not provide any dyno documentation, but their claims are similar to the Velocity AP, but claim not to overwrite the ECU, just run inline with stuff that can be removed and I guess could not be detected. They also seem to have some warranty against failure, which gives me a little more confidence.

Below you can find some pictures showing both sensors to be connected right in your engine bay.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, that's interesting!

When I click on the link, and get redirected to the US site, there are far FEWER choices available. Jaguar is not listed at all.

Don't know what this means, but you might have trouble buying this if you are in the US.

Kerry

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I click on the link, and get redirected to the US site, there are far FEWER choices available. Jaguar is not listed at all.
I live in Canada and the site does not redirect for me. In my e-mail to them they seem to indicate I can get it shipped to Canada. Here is a snapshot of the comparison from the URL listed in my earlier post.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has anyone tried the Race Chip solution yet?

https://www.racechip.com/shop/jaguar/f-pace-x761-from-2015/3-0-2995ccm-340hp-250kw-450nm.html

From Race Chip:

With the RaceChip you always receive the suitable wiring for your engine.

It gets connected to different sensors right in the engine bay where it changes the performance relevant values in real time.

Since RaceChip is only connected to different sensors in the engine bay it isn't in any relation to car's ECU. A tuning is only detectable if it has been done on the ECU. Therefore with removing the RaceChip it doesn't leave any proof of tuning.

So we recommend you to remove the RaceChip before going to service. On this way there isn't any risk of manufacturer's warranty.

In fact the RaceChip is working with the boost pressure and manifold intake pressure values in this V6 engine. So it is a two channel system.​

They could not provide any dyno documentation, but their claims are similar to the Velocity AP, but claim not to overwrite the ECU, just run inline with stuff that can be removed and I guess could not be detected. They also seem to have some warranty against failure, which gives me a little more confidence.

Below you can find some pictures showing both sensors to be connected right in your engine bay.

Thoughts?
Looks like it intercepts the MAP signal and the manifold vacuum sensor?
So it raises the PSI from the supercharger maybe (like with a wastegate in turbo cars)?
It would not be able to do anything else though. So no rev limiter change, no shift point changes, no top MPH change, etc..

Someone needs to come back with actual results. I would love to increase the HP on my 35t (340HP) as I've always been into sports cars and this is my first sports crossover (chose it over the cayenne S and turbo as it's much prettier). :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Just my two cents... the technology may have gotten better, but I have tried performance chips on two past vehicles and found the results barely noticeable. Agree with Gabe, manufacturer claims and actual gains seem to be a bit distant from each other, would be great to get some actual users of this to share. I wonder if you could contact the provider and ask for customer referrals?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like it intercepts the MAP signal and the manifold vacuum sensor?
So it raises the PSI from the supercharger maybe (like with a wastegate in turbo cars)?
It would not be able to do anything else though. So no rev limiter change, no shift point changes, no top MPH change, etc..

Someone needs to come back with actual results. I would love to increase the HP on my 35t (340HP) as I've always been into sports cars and this is my first sports crossover (chose it over the cayenne S and turbo as it's much prettier). :)
I doubt you'll find someone willing to take the risk of putting so much stress on the engine and transmission by doing a dyno run. There are stories of blown up engines or going into limp mode. If the power difference between stock 340hp and the tune were not so noticeable, I would consider doing it myself. I recently flashed back to stock to get my oil changed at the dealership, big difference. My loaner was a 25T, no offense to anybody but what a disappointment.

The passing (pulls) power on this thing is ridiculous, so much I recently got in a bit of a situation with the boys in blue (5 pt ticket), but I was able to negotiate points down to 2 since I have a clean driving record. Lesson learned... Apparently passing an unmarked police car at ###mph is frown upon. :)

I am currently running a custom/custom tune that Chris from VelocityAP sent me. This is not the official tune you get from them. It's been modified to produce "pops & crackles" at 3K when decelerating. I have been begging for him to work on that for a while. I posted this on the exhaust thread

By the way I just noticed this thread is on the diesel forum. That's it for me too. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll send them an e-mail and ask. I'll report back when they respond.
Here is the response:

Ria Vargiami (RaceChip)

Hi Jason,

I'd recommend you to ask in a Jaguar forum for costumer with RaceChip experience in their V6.

I can unfortunately only provide you with our developed story on the V8 supercharged, just in case you' d be interested into it:

https://www.racechip.com/presse-news/jaguar-f-type-v8-s.html

Ria Vargiami
Customer Service
RaceChip Chiptuning GmbH & Co. KG
Registered at District Court of Ulm: HRA 721734; Sales tax identification number: DE 260672432; Tax number: 69026/37702
Managing Directors: Manuel Götz | Dominic Ruopp | Dr. Daniel Appelhoff | Dirk Bongardt

·
Registered
75 Posts
I almost went with RaceChip due to the non invasive way it enhances the performance, but.....

Did quite a bit of reading on other car's forums and the gains were almost always throttle control related. There were zero, I repeat ZERO dyno proven threads on any forums I came across.

So basically it's a high-tech liar's box as we used to call them.

Just put your F-Pace into Sport Mode and it's almost the same thing for free.

I wish Jaguar would offer an upgrade to up the 340HP to 380HP cars for a fee and not void the warranty.
Volvo does that with their polestar s/w upgrade.

·
Registered
572 Posts
RaceChip

Has anyone used a RaceChip before? I realize that this isn't for some, and that's Ok. I'm just curious if any one has bought a tune chip from RaceChip before? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Read my previous comment and do your homework on google about it. It pretty much does the same as putting your car in sports mode . ZERO extra power, just faster full-throttle response.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've done my homework and I know exactly what it does.. My question was "has anyone used it before". I have purchased and it just arrived.
I'm guessing you haven't used it then?
Read my previous comment and do your homework on google about it. It pretty much does the same as putting your car in sports mode . ZERO extra power, just faster full-throttle response.

·
Registered
572 Posts
That's exactly what I wanted to know, but you don't have the same motor.
I'm having a really tough time accessing the turbo boost which is way at the back of my V6. Can't wait to install it, but I csnt install it. Lol
Im using the Powerbox Nitro by CPA chiptuning. works great, easy install. 2018 20D F-Pace

·
Registered
572 Posts
Secondly, this is not true. If you have my V6 at the 340 Variant it's just a plain dumb comment.

·
Registered
572 Posts
For anyone interested in not critizing, I installed my Racechip yesterday and it's awesome!
I have driven a few S models that I was interested in last year, and this chip felt like it was more than that, as the numbers showed.
To confirm this subjective opinion, I just got back from a dealership that had an S for sale and I was correct, you see get more pull with this tune. To be honest this is just a biased opinion I obviously did not throw it on the dyno.
I'm sure some will criticize etc. but just in case you were curious like i was, but didn't want to fork out 4 times that for a remap ( that works), and no one had tried it, this tune works very well and can be removed in seconds.
I must also note that the super V6 340 variant is a major reason it works so well. It's basically the perfect motor to use this on, as it's de'tuned. I'm quite sure it would be virtually useless in other motors.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts