Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
All that means it leaves a non descript code that could have come from anywhere...they are not going to deny you anything because it's there..they will simple remove the code as if it was a fluke..my Tech said IF and it's doubtful anyone would ask, but just play dumb.;)
Hmmmm......................it could come from anywhere? Where else could it come from it was not from the dealer. It would be naive to think that Jaguar would approve any engine work as @skyking mentions above. Do you think the local tech is your friend and he will lie on your behalf if something engine related happens to your vehicle even though the chances would be rare. He is going to put his livelihood on the line for you.

Good luck to you my friend and I hope that "all that starts well ends well."

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hmmmm......................it could come from anywhere? Where else could it come from it was not from the dealer. It would be naive to think that Jaguar would approve any engine work as @skyking mentions above. Do you think the local tech is your friend and he will lie on your behalf if something engine related happens to your vehicle even though the chances would be rare. He is going to put his livelihood on the line for you.

Good luck to you my friend and I hope that "all that starts well ends well."
There are, like, thousands of pages of internet message board posts about this topic. No one is ever convinced one way or the other to change their mind.

Velocity also addresses the concern directly all over the place, and they've been providing these tunes for this engine for a long time.

if you don't want to risk it, then don't.

If you want the tune, do it knowing there is a very, very slight risk that it could potentially negatively impact you on the warranty in the extremely unlikely event that you have a major issue with your engine, and that whoever is fixing it also figures out that you tuned it.

It's really not that complicated of an equation.

Reactions: DPK

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I don't suspect that anyone that does the Velocity tune will ever have an engine problem. My point is that any adjustments to the ECU are detectable, and that the tech is the customers friend and would not be truthful on the customers behalf. Nothing more or less.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't suspect that anyone that does the Velocity tune will ever have an engine problem. My point is that any adjustments to the ECU are detectable, and that the tech is the customers friend and would not be truthful on the customers behalf. Nothing more or less.

Sure. They are detectable. No one is arguing that.

Whether or not that matters or not, or is likely to negatively impact you in the unlikely even of a warranty problem, or a situation where Jaguar would have to approve engine work, is a separate topic that has been discussed at length all over the place, including by Velocity themselves.

It all comes down to whether or not someone is willing to accept a very small amount of risk in order to get the performance boost. Some are, some are not. there's no right or wrong here really.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
1. very, very slight risk
2. potentially negatively impact
3. extremely unlikely event

Sorry , but *complicated* or not , I'm not a big fan of *equations* that include words like:
1. very, very slight risk
2. potentially negatively impact
3. extremely unlikely event
>:)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There are, like, thousands of pages of internet message board posts about this topic. No one is ever convinced one way or the other to change their mind.

Velocity also addresses the concern directly all over the place, and they've been providing these tunes for this engine for a long time.

if you don't want to risk it, then don't.

If you want the tune, do it knowing there is a very, very slight risk that it could potentially negatively impact you on the warranty in the extremely unlikely event that you have a major issue with your engine, and that whoever is fixing it also figures out that you tuned it.

Exactly..Well said..But it doen't matter how simple it seems. @MKenM has a personal vendetta to discredit me or put me down at any opportunity or length..reasoning with him, especially in his MOD role is futile.:|

Reactions: SpareTire

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Exactly..Well said..But it doen't matter how simple it seems. @MKenM has a personal vendetta to discredit me or put me down at any opportunity or length..reasoning with him, especially in his MOD role is futile.:|
Not true at all. When this thread started "you" said "you" had proof. I believe the tune works and you can feel the difference. I just asked "you" not the vendors word to show the proof of 410 HP to the rear wheels or otherwise nothing else.

You have yet to show that.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It would be great to see some 0-60 stats, or even a few quarter mile runs, with the stock tune and the VelocityAP tune, from one or more members of this forum. Most local raceways have citizen tune nights, I know I used to go to Bandamere when I lived in Denver. What do you say, @DPK?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would be great to see some 0-60 stats, or even a few quarter mile runs, with the stock tune and the VelocityAP tune, from one or more members of this forum. Most local raceways have citizen tune nights, I know I used to go to Bandamere when I lived in Denver. What do you say, @DPK ?
Honestly, you don't really even need to see it as long as you have good information to start with. Jaguar rates the base model S at 5.1s 0-60. A few technical reviews I've seen put it at 5.1 to 5.2 seconds on their tests. From there you can just use a 0-60 calculator to get a very good idea on the difference. VP's 415hp tune will get you to around 4.8-4.9s and their 450hp tune with get you to around 4.6s. The calculators are pretty accurate as long as you have accurate HP and 0-60 numbers to begin with.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I feel ganged banged here by my haters..look who "LIKED" MKenK's post...nice and typical of small arrogant like minds....thanks..where's my kiss?..:x

Anyway..to repeat "again" what I said in my defense and frankly I'm getting sick of it...VAP provided the Dyno facts, not me..that's my GD PROOF, alright get over it if you don't believe their numbers and move on to a topic that concerns you more...
Second, I several timed runs of my own with a stop watch and it showed me from 0-60 an average of 4.7 secs....good enough for me..I shared my findings out of the goodness of my heart, but I get nothing but flack and skepticism here...Since most of you will never do the TUNE anyway, butt the phuck out and move on.

At this point I am sick and tired of the pompous azz's here, that think they know better than everyone else..I've shared many things with this forum..Some things I have been wrong about..but I will be the first to admit when I'M WRONG...Something y'all should practice doing...The Title of MODERATOR gives you no special pass to bully and discredit people.

So to many's delight I'm sure...*I'm done here!!*...I find no comfort participating here any longer....The decent people and my friends who want to stay in-touch, just post me a PM and I'll get back to you.

Reactions: Dabitz

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Bye!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Doesn’t look like any bullying, just beating a dead horse. Don’t get so upset about stuff, you’ll need thicker skin on the Internet.

Sorry that you feel like that, I hope you find what you’re looking for and you’re always welcome here.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
The decent people and my friends who want to stay in-touch, just post me a PM and I'll get back to you.
I'm assuming I fall into BOTH categories (decent people & your friend) ,
so I'll just PM you later , buddy !!! Have A Great Day !!!0:)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
OK F Type S6 not the same vehicle, trans or rear end.
Seriously? Not sure why you seem to have such a problem with this. Same engine, same power, same transmission with same gearing, slight difference in final gear ratio (3.32 vs. 3.23). From a dyno perspective these have got to be pretty darn close.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So to many's delight I'm sure...*I'm done here!!*...I find no comfort participating here any longer....The decent people and my friends who want to stay in-touch, just post me a PM and I'll get back to you.[/QUOTE]

NO @DPK, don't go! You are a big part of the entertainment here. It will be a lesser place without you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I believe the number-just don’t believe it’s a worthwhile mod over stock.
He has the 340hp tune. 415hp is 18% more horsepower or roughly $13.33 per horsepower which is a very good deal. For anyone with the 340hp version at least. Jaguar charges $3,000 for 17% / $60 per horsepower on the new turbo 4 engines.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I believe the number-just don’t believe it’s a worthwhile mod over stock.
It's not for those of us with the S model. Pulley plus tune would be a different story which I may think about when the warranty is up.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts