Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a Diesel Power tuning box in my 2015 Golf TDI, and it was fantastic - more acceleration, better mileage. Anyone using a tuner in their F-Pace. The Diesel Power was great because it could be put in and taken out, didn't actually modify anything.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I did one on my 340 hp gas engine and now I have with dyno proof, approx. 410 hp...Loving it!

Reactions: jbedford and L-PACE

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Just curious , how does a *MORE Hp engine* offer you "better mpg" ??? :confused:
I'm not an "engine guy" by any means , and the thought of it doesn't make any sense to me !

So , you got some SPLAINING to do Lucy !!! ;)

Don't forget , it's *GR* , so please Talk Slow !!! >:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the answer to that is because it works with less effort with moderate driving (more torque). I know I can get 21-22 (with the tune), but only get 19 because of my adventurous spirit. I'm always in Dynamic/S and manual shifting.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I think the answer to that is because it works with less effort with moderate driving (more torque).
THANKS for the reply & explanation Dabitz !!!

I guess I just assumed the other two would have known the answer , but apparently not !!! ;)

Reactions: Dabitz

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Oh, another tuning thread to tease me into buying that chip and pulley upgrade. I keep wanting to do it....my heart keeps saying yes and my head keeps saying wait till 50k miles for obvious reasons....

Oh decisions decisions. Clearly, the chip alone probably doesn't make sense for the S Model since it already has 380Hp, and the move to 410 isn't that much of an improvement. While the pulley upgrade will get you closer to 440hp and something I would expect that you would really feel in the seat of your pants, however, very obvious that you made modifications if you have an issue.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh, another tuning thread to tease me into buying that chip and pulley upgrade. I keep wanting to do it....my heart keeps saying yes and my head keeps saying wait till 50k miles for obvious reasons....

Oh decisions decisions. Clearly, the chip alone probably doesn't make sense for the S Model since it already has 380Hp, and the move to 410 isn't that much of an improvement. While the pulley upgrade will get you closer to 440hp and something I would expect that you would really feel in the seat of your pants, however, very obvious that you made modifications if you have an issue.
Something happens you flash to stock and play dumb. I always keep the tuner in the car in case I need to flash it quickly in case of an emergency. It only saves a file to the PCM that says update required for the PCM, but that's the only info the dealership would see. You are missing out. I'm installing a custom sport version of their exhaust currently in development. I will send them pictures and videos of performance so stay tunned. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I did one on my 340 hp gas engine and now I have with dyno proof, approx. 410 hp...Loving it!
OK I'm interested, you picked up 70 HP. What exactly was the device? And, if was a Dyno that you ran it on I would assume that is 410 HP to the rear wheels. Please show me before I make an investment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
OK I'm interested, you picked up 70 HP. What exactly was the device? And, if was a Dyno that you ran it on I would assume that is 410 HP to the rear wheels. Please show me before I make an investment.
I doubt it since vehicles/motorcycles/etc usually advertise brake horsepower numbers. So that would be 410bhp or probably around 320-340rwhp.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I doubt it since vehicles/motorcycles/etc usually advertise brake horsepower numbers. So that would be 410bhp or probably around 320-340rwhp.
Where would by your thinking, put the stock 340 hp or 380 hp stock engines at?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I would suggest you read this entire thread and then contact Stuart at his office or cell phone number....Don't pay any attention to someone speculating on what they may think they know...talk to the company themselves
http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/25697-anyone-do-performance-upgrades-yet.html

Reactions: theweeb

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I would suggest you read this entire thread and then contact Stuart at his office or cell phone number....Don't pay any attention to someone speculating on what they may think they know...talk to the company themselves
http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/25697-anyone-do-performance-upgrades-yet.html
I read the entire thread and with the exception of this post there is no mention of Stuart. I would like the proof as a Dyno measure RWHP not BHP. So who has the proof??

The title of this thread is Tuning . I'm aware of Stuart's thread.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
So 410hp to the wheels? Need to see the sheet. 410hp at the crank sure, but I haven't seen a tune that can push past 70-80hp increase at the crank for the F Pace yet. So that means with drivetrain loss I'm guessing the base 340hp engine probably gets 300 to the wheels.

Should be pretty easy to determine with a copy of the readout.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
So 410hp to the wheels? Need to see the sheet. 410hp at the crank sure, but I haven't seen a tune that can push past 70-80hp increase at the crank for the F Pace yet. So that means with drivetrain loss I'm guessing the base 340hp engine probably gets 300 to the wheels.

That was my point seeing is believing. Not sure that you would pick up 70 HP at the crank either on a 340 HP engine. Does the 380 HP version have a different size pulley?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where would by your thinking, put the stock 340 hp or 380 hp stock engines at?
80-85% of quoted HP is probably a very safe assumption. I would bet that the individual on here from VelocityAP has dyno numbers with rwhp for this vehicle in stock and modified form.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

That was my point seeing is believing. Not sure that you would pick up 70 HP at the crank either on a 340 HP engine. Does the 380 HP version have a different size pulley?
My understanding is that the internals are exactly the same, it's just a difference in tuning between the 340 and 380. Which is why they claim a large increase on the 340 and a small increase on the 380, ultimately leading to pretty much identical HP numbers

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
@DPK you say you have proof, do I assume you had your car Dyno'd after you had a Velocity tune? If you do please post the results. If you had your car Dyno'd don't you have a video? That would be great!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
VelocityAP claims they dyno tested it. They have been doing tunes for both Jaguar and Land Rover with nothing but positive feedback. They send you a tuner you hook up to the OBD port, download the stock file to the tuner, save it your computer and email it to them. Within 24 hrs you received the modified file that you then flash to the car. The way the car feels and drives I truly believe it. You can get to +120mph and not realize it, now I'm extra careful and always keep an eye on the speedometer.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
@DPK you say you have proof, do I assume you had your car Dyno'd after you had a Velocity tune? If you do please post the results. If you had your car Dyno'd don't you have a video? That would be great!!!
I'm not going to keep playing this game...Call [email protected] VelocityAP and he will answer all your questions.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Sorry, but I don't mean to play games, I just took you at your word because you said YOU have proof. I guess not. Sorry don't take it the wrong way. I was curious to see someone other than the provider who could honestly say it was 410 HP with something to back it up. Again sorry, I'm done here.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts