Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thank you for indulging me with that. Unfortunate for those without the reclining seats. I wonder if they will address it at some point like at mid-cycle refresh.
Mine if the same way. In looking at it, and I'm not an engineer, but I think it would be an easy fix them. They could shorten the length of the latch catch, which in turn would position the seat back further to close that nasty little gap. I'll post this also on the Advisory Board, maybe they will see it there as well.>:)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mine is the same way. A little off topic I got two sets of these trunk will protectors from China.
How about using a new post next time instead of hi-jacking the thread (your apology notwithstanding). Better forum etiquette. And this forum has a chronic hi-jacking issue and as a result becomes less useful for others.

·
Registered
617 Posts
In my RSport, I dont have power recline rear seats (basically fixed seats). The cargo lid does not fully cover the trunk area and I have a good 4 inch gap. See pictures for what I mean.

When I asked before I was told by a fellow member to check if the ledges are seated properly (second photo). They are. The two prongs in the lid are supposed to both sit in the two ledges. If i move the lid toward the seat and use only one ledge the lid doesnt sit right.

If someone with a non reclining seat check their cargo lid it would be of great help. I wish/hope there is a different part which is longer to cover the entire opening.
Here you are. Trunk contents clearly visible with a flashlight used from outside the car. Da*m Jaguar!
Okay I've got an update for the Cargo Lid Gappers on the forum. I used a couple of photos from this forum, credit to Jagfpace1 and WhiteCat and submitted an "Issues and Queries" on the Jaguar Advisory Board 4-days ago. The moderator on the board answered pretty quickly and is in total agreement about the Cargo Lid Gap issue for those of us with non-reclining rear seats. Unbeknownst to me, he submitted this issue directly to Jaguar. Today I heard from Jaguar Land Rover of North America via telephone. They have created case a regarding this issue and are waiting to hear back from the powers to be in the U.K. The JLR of NA representative is going on vacation and she is hoping to have an answer for me tomorrow on a resolution. If I don't hear from her tomorrow, perhaps sometime next week. I'll keep the forum updated if I hear anything.;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well I finally heard from JLR North America and while they pushed the issue up to others in the U.K., I'm not overly optimistic that will be moving forward with a fix for us early adopters. I did get the impression they might be correcting this in future builds. I heard a lot of empty promises and lip service from the rep, it seems like an easy fix - makes no sense why they can't duplicate the future builds corrected rear seat/cargo cover gap into the 2017's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep I have 2019 FPace and live in SF and it has been broken into twice in 7 months and now I’m realizing this unnecessary and flawed gap design is probably a big reason why. Trying to have the body shop where it’s being fixed come up with a creative way to cover it but i can’t believe they would design it this way. Jaguar dealership told me they get at least 4 a week broken into, welllll this design isn’t exactly helping.
Here you are. Trunk contents clearly visible with a flashlight used from outside the car. Da*m Jaguar!

·
Registered
F-pace S 3.0 v6 Petrol
1 Posts
In my RSport, I dont have power recline rear seats (basically fixed seats). The cargo lid does not fully cover the trunk area and I have a good 4 inch gap. See pictures for what I mean.

When I asked before I was told by a fellow member to check if the ledges are seated properly (second photo). They are. The two prongs in the lid are supposed to both sit in the two ledges. If i move the lid toward the seat and use only one ledge the lid doesnt sit right.

If someone with a non reclining seat check their cargo lid it would be of great help. I wish/hope there is a different part which is longer to cover the entire opening.
Hi.
I'm new and have seen many complain about the space between the seats and the cargo cover lid.
I put a piece of carpet bought in a DIY store that I then cut to measure and put Velcro on. so I can remove if necessary. a piece of 120x15 cm is enough.
9D243C59-63FE-4325-BBE8-E693570624FA.png
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
66457DC6-A786-4F59-BFF8-DC4C3FAEFE93.jpeg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts