Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my RSport, I dont have power recline rear seats (basically fixed seats). The cargo lid does not fully cover the trunk area and I have a good 4 inch gap. See pictures for what I mean.

When I asked before I was told by a fellow member to check if the ledges are seated properly (second photo). They are. The two prongs in the lid are supposed to both sit in the two ledges. If i move the lid toward the seat and use only one ledge the lid doesnt sit right.

If someone with a non reclining seat check their cargo lid it would be of great help. I wish/hope there is a different part which is longer to cover the entire opening.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the non-reclining rear seats and also have the gap. I think Jag decided to just go with the same cargo cover for all models rather than design two different parts.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
When you put the cover in place do you hear a "click"? Can't tell from the angle of the picture what the gap is. Looks like the cover sits back against the seat just not near the top of the seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you put the cover in place do you hear a "click"? Can't tell from the angle of the picture what the gap is. Looks like the cover sits back against the seat just not near the top of the seat.
See the yellow markings I made in the first picture? Its a good 4 inch gap across all the way. The cover/lid does not touch the seats at all. It leaves a 4" gap. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
See the yellow markings I made in the first picture? Its a good 4 inch gap across all the way. The cover/lid does not touch the seats at all. It leaves a 4" gap. Does that make sense?
My Premium with non reclining rear seats is the same (4" gap) I would have to think that is normal. I guess that allows them to use the same cover for both reclining and non reclining seats.

Reactions: WhiteCat

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
In your picture there is a black plastic cover where the seat latches to the front of the cargo area. It seems that the seat meets the cargo cover at that point. Is it an optical illusion?

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 on theweeb's post ! Inquiring Minds Want to Know , WHAT is the "issue" ?
I have a Premium with the same gap. I am guessing the issue is that an outsider can see through the rear door widow and spot if there are items in the trunk that should be shielded from view by the cover.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 on theweeb's post ! Inquiring Minds Want to Know , WHAT is the "issue" ?
I used the lid to put long light weight items. Eg: Rolls of gift wrap paper, hat, gloves etc. Now they all end up in the trunk, not easily accessible from the passenger compartment when the car is moving! My old car even had an inch or more deep depression in the lid that held things in place, without them moving around. Fpace doesnt have that either so things end up right into the trunk.

·
Registered
337 Posts
When i first noticed this gap, i really thought it was for allowing the back seats to recline (either manually or motorized fashion) as the gap seems like the perfect fit for the seat backs. The metal clamps the seats latch onto don't seem to be have an adjustment , however.

Other similar cars I looked at while shopping did have this gap and it as for that very reason. Back seat reclining.

I'm still going inquire with Jag. It seems like a poor design if the gap really serves no purpose whatsoever. Come one Jag.. My trunk contents aren't out of sight.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Some models have an option pkg. with reclining rear seats. Can anyone actually see effectively into your trunk through this gap? I can barely see into the interior in general from the outside through the rear tinted windows. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Some models have an option pkg. with reclining rear seats. Can anyone actually see effectively into your trunk through this gap? I can barely see into the interior in general from the outside through the rear tinted windows. :rolleyes:
I shall try that with a flash light (which is what thieves would use) when the wifey comes back with my car. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I will have my wife ride around in the trunk area and see if she can see the inside of the car through the gap.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just returned. We have the power reclining seats and no gap when reclined.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here you are. Trunk contents clearly visible with a flashlight used from outside the car. Da*m Jaguar!
Thank you for indulging me with that. Unfortunate for those without the reclining seats. I wonder if they will address it at some point like at mid-cycle refresh.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thank you for indulging me with that. Unfortunate for those without the reclining seats. I wonder if they will address it at some point like at mid-cycle refresh.
Doubtful. I assume they decided to design it once for both optional cases. Even with the Comfort/Convenience package and the reclining seats my seats stay in the forward position so that gap will stay.

Reactions: ctufieldops
1 - 20 of 27 Posts