Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F-Pace came from the factory with a trailer hitch. The trailer harness receptacle is behind a flip up door. The problem is that the bumper blocks the door from opening. Am I missing something? Is there something I must remove to access the receptacle or is it just more shoddy Jag design?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My F-Pace came from the factory with a trailer hitch. The trailer harness receptacle is behind a flip up door. The problem is that the bumper blocks the door from opening. Am I missing something? Is there something I must remove to access the receptacle or is it just more shoddy Jag design?
Not sure if I am responding correctly, but the trailer receptacle pivots down, thus unblocking the flip door. Yes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You do not need to remove anything. Just pull down on the left side of it, the hinge is on the right. It requires a good pull as there is some resistance and it is a tight fit. The bumper should not be keeping you from pulling it down, if it is then that is an issue.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
This Jaguar Hitch Receiver and Wiring Plug-In Box is BY FAR one of the BEST "Designs" and "Placements" I have ever seen on a vehicle ! You almost don't realize that there is a Hitch even on the vehicle !
And the "SWIVEL DOWN" Wiring Receiver , while being a pretty BASIC function (no offense) ,
is extremely *INGENIOUS* , in that it is "Sight Unseen" when Not-In-Use !
FAR from what I would call a "shoddy design" ! IMO , of course ! >:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Once you figure it out, you'll like it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts