Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Volvo via Overseas Delivery, I was able to track the car as it made its way to the US. I searched some other Jaguar forums and found out we can do it for our cars too!

I just searched for my car via the VIN, and it was loaded on the ship in Southampton on March 22nd and is already halfway across the Atlantic! It is on the Asian Emperor and is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on April 1st!

Here are the instructions I found on the other forum:

If you have your VIN you can track the actual vessel on the water using the following steps:

1. Click here and enter the VIN in the Cargo ID search box. Then hit "Track". This will give you specific ETA for leaving/arriving at port. It will also give you the name of the vessel carrying your car.

2. Click here and enter the name of the vessel in the search box on the left side of the screen. Vessels are only tracked within a couple hundred miles of the coast, so it won't work for vessels in the middle of the Atlantic, but you can see it leaving and arriving at port. If you live on the West Coast, it's also kinda fun to watch it pass through the Panama Canal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Wow. Good find!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is so cool! Once my wheels are off the "constraint status", the dealer can place my order. And once that happens I will be watching the tracking everyday! So jealous of you lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
How cool! <envious>

·
Registered
212 Posts
So jealous . I need to go talk to my dealer and he needs to step up his game with this . He is killing . I get no info from him and he never answers my questions or had any information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Real time in a water from GB to US ( east coast) -10-12 days, that customs , sorting for the regions and usually it takes 3-4 more days, basically we are talking about 3 weeks from the loading dock to your dealer ( east cost ), and in the same your dealer will not have this info even a VIN # till it will be in US, but may be I am wrong. I shipped several demo Volvo trucks from Sweden to US and I am sure , that it is almost the same procedure. Call my dealer, he do not have my VIN, but he still has my delivery date- May 20, it was moved ALREADY FROM APRIL 18 TO MAY 5 IN LAST THREE WEEKS.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Almost here! I'll be waving when it goes by DC today!

My F-Pace, and hopefully some of yours too, is scheduled to arrive in the port of Baltimore this evening. The shipping website says it has already cleared customs (not sure how that happens, lol). We'll see how long it takes to get off the boat and out of the port!

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Almost here! I'll be waving when it goes by DC today!

My F-Pace, and hopefully some of yours too, is scheduled to arrive in the port of Baltimore this evening. The shipping website says it has already cleared customs (not sure how that happens, lol). We'll see how long it takes to get off the boat and out of the port!
That makes sense, given that Rosenthal told me yesterday they expect their first shipment to arrive the third week of April.

Needless to say, we're all going to hang out in your front yard the day you bring yours home. Please provide drinks and snacks while we wait. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
From experience, when we ordered our First Edition XC90 (#204) it sat inport getting all of the latest software updates for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Followed Sethyt's directions to track my car. Here's the story. There are 115 cars including mine on a ship named Tijuca. Ship left GB today and is due in Baltimore on April 9.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It has been released from customs and discharged!
I was once in a situation like yours...and the car "got stopped" at the port.
Apparently all the dealers had to get the cars at the same time so they hold mine for about 3 weeks. It was really disappointing.
Hope is not the case for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There was one more status update from the shipping company yesterday, though I suspect it will be the last.

My most recent Vista order sheet says the planned dealer delivery date is April 15th. (10 days away!!) Hopefully the customer handover date is shortly thereafter...

I've also been reading on the UK forum that April 16th seems to be when all of their dealers will be getting cars and starting test drives. Maybe that is the release date? I haven't heard anything from my dealer. Anyone here have other updates?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts