Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

TPMS - purposely NOT installed on after-market winter wheels

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  stbentoak 
#1 ·
I read many posts about getting the right TPMS sensor ie 433Mhz, self-learning, etc.

I am hoping to get some precise feedbacks and warning message screenshots for purposely NOT getting the TPMS for my after-market winter wheels since I do regular air pressure checks on my cars. It sounds like problems with different after-market TPMS options so why not do it the old way & not have them for a few months for my local weather.

Found a set of new RTX 19" winter approved wheels for CDN$130 each but an after-market TPMS sensor is around $50-$60 each. I rather spend the money on the branded snow tires instead of paying for the TMPS and down-grading the tires.

But what sort of error messages or light show up on the dash? Any way to acknowledge the warning and not have the warning too "bull" on my dash? Hope someone without TMPS installed can share some pictures of the warning messages on the dash on their F-Pace. My is a 2017 F-Pace FE.

Thanks and stay healthy & safe.

#2 ·
If you typically run at the light load air pressure setting, you could just try to change it to the normal / higher pressure setting and leave your tires at the lower pressure. This should trigger the TPMS warning to go off sometime soon and you could run with it for a few days to see how annoying it is. It should be the same warning for not having TPMS installed I would guess.

In another car I own, the winter tires do not have TPMS installed and the TPMS icon shows up constantly. It is rather annoying.

#3 ·
I read many posts about getting the right TPMS sensor ie 433Mhz, self-learning, etc.
Thanks and stay healthy & safe.
Maybe it’s a US vs Canada things but the TPMS here is 315Mhz or at least it is on my car.

DP

Reactions: pat604
#5 ·
I bought them with my aftermarket winter rims and tires from tire rack...They hooked up and registered within 10 min of driving and work perfectly. If you can afford a complete set of winter rims and tires, you can surely afford the sensors. Winter time especially, its good to know pressures as the can change greatly in frigid temps....

Reactions: pat604
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.