Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailer Hitch Receiver

I know most of us cringe when we think of a trailer hitch on a Jaguar but after all this is an SUV. We travel a lot with our bikes and so I wanted to make sure that I had a place to attach my bike rack. My dealer knew absolutely nothing about this option but it showed up on my build sheet as Option CO5E. I don't even know if it's a 1" or 2" receiver or if it's covered when not in use. It has the potential of looking ugly but I'm hoping Jag wouldn't do that. Anyone else have insight on this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might have better luck speaking to a Land Rover/Range Rover dealer since they actually have dealt with that before. And chances are being under JLR they can order Jaguar parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have no clue what it will actually look like, but I ordered it on my S. Though I will likely never tow anything, I plan to put one of those bars in the hitch...to protect my back bumper from getting effed up on the city streets! Of course, it will be the most tasteful bar/bumper protector I can find! Mine is supposed to be arriving in early May, so I'll definitely post photos of the hitch setup.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
It is interesting that the web site nor the brochure show it as even being an orderable/optional item.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is interesting that the web site nor the brochure show it as even being an orderable/optional item.
It actually is in the brochure. That's how I knew about it. Page 71. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took my dealer two weeks to get me an answer when I asked about it. And it wasn't really an answer - just that it was available. I was actually surprised to see it on my build sheet. Some of the small details like this are definitely uncomfortable when I don't have a clue what I'm actually getting until it arrives. Oh well, worst case is buying a different bike rack. That's what we get for being trailblazers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are two tow bar accessories listed on the UK site.

1. Detachable tow bar (£675): Bespoke towing system featuring a detachable tow ball. Offering towing capability between 2000kg and 2400kg (braked trailer, dependent upon powertrain) using 50mm ball system. When removed, there is no sign of tow bar to interrupt the lines of the rear of the vehicle. Also includes 13Pin Towing electrics. Also available as a retailer fit accessory.

2. Electrically Deployable tow bar (£950): The fully Electrically Deployable tow bar deploys at the push of a button. Offering towing capability between 2000kg and 2400kg (braked trailer, dependent upon powertrain) using 50mm ball system. When no longer required, simply push the button to retract the tow ball with ease. Also includes trailer light check facility and 13Pin Towing electrics. Also available as a retailer fit accessory.

They've also got a Roof Mounted Cycle Carrier, Fork Mounted Cycle Carrier, Tow Bar Two Bike Carrier, and Tow Bar Three Bike Carrier, which might interest you. "Premium tow ball mounted bike carriers provide a convenient bike carrying solution with quick release loading attachments and secure locking mechanism. Carrier designed to be tilted away from vehicle when fitted allowing access into the rear tailgate. Uses a 13 Pin Power Plug."

I asked my dealer for information on the accessories pricing for the U.S., but he hasn't received that yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Thanks. I did see the one that tilts away in a promotional video but was unable to find any info on it (other than the tiny check box on page 71). Hopefully the dealer here will get some more info on it before my vehicle arrives. I guess I'll have to wait and see what a CO5E is. At least it sounds like it will be out of sight when not in use. I have a tow bar 3-bike carrier now, I hope it fits otherwise I'll have to get a new one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I asked my dealer in Plano, TX about towing and he knew nothing about this accessory. He got back with me and also added item C05E to my build. He indicates this option includes a tow hitch receiver and cooling fan for $695. He had no other information, such as appearance or if the body trim is different with this option installed. He did advise having this added as part of the build versus at the dealer, so I am going out on a limb and hoping that it doesn't impair the appearance of the vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I asked my dealer in Plano, TX about towing and he knew nothing about this accessory. He got back with me and also added item C05E to my build. He indicates this option includes a tow hitch receiver and cooling fan for $695. He had no other information, such as appearance or if the body trim is different with this option installed. He did advise having this added as part of the build versus at the dealer, so I am going out on a limb and hoping that it doesn't impair the appearance of the vehicle.
That's just the receiver, and not the tow bar, correct? Were you also able to order the tow bar, or do you have to order that later?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's just the receiver, and not the tow bar, correct? Were you also able to order the tow bar, or do you have to order that later?
Correct, just the receiver. I'm hoping that it's the standard 2" size so the actual bar and ball you can purchase at any big box store. All I really need mine for is my bike rack (2"). As for appearance, from what little bit I've been able to find out, it is hidden when not in use. There is another thread called "accessories" that discusses this topic also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got an email back from my dealer after some badgering, and he said he figured out how to add the tow package to the car. I asked him for an updated order sheet so I can confirm that. I really, really hope that didn't delay my build date.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got an email back from my dealer after some badgering, and he said he figured out how to add the tow package to the car. I asked him for an updated order sheet so I can confirm that. I really, really hope that didn't delay my build date.
Excellent! When was your last change date. I took the heated windshield off mine last week and my last change date is this Thursday 3/31. It didn't change my dates at all. Supposedly the lines in the windshield bother people with contacts and I wear contacts. I wonder how accurate the build and delivery dates are anyway. I guess we'll start finding out as the May deliveries arrive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Excellent! When was your last change date. I took the heated windshield off mine last week and my last change date is this Thursday 3/31. It didn't change my dates at all. Supposedly the lines in the windshield bother people with contacts and I wear contacts. I wonder how accurate the build and delivery dates are anyway. I guess we'll start finding out as the May deliveries arrive.
My last change date was 4/12. I got scared off from the heated windshield too. I only drive up north for a couple weeks in the winter, so it's not worth the risk that those lines will bother me. I mostly wanted the heated washer jets, because I've had bad experience with the wiper fluid freezing, but they don't sell that individually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The tow hitch is now showing on the configurator as an optional feature. See attached screen grab.

Attachments

Reactions: billj04

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer was able to add the hitch receiver to my build today and gave me a delivery date of 6/23! First time I've been given an exact day.

Reactions: JK8112 and Peter

·
Registered
186 Posts
Edge, is that for a First edition or regular?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts