Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the dealer add the Jaguar tow receiver and wiring to our 2021 F-Pace so we can tow a 22ft travel trailer weighing around 3,500lbs unloaded. I never thought it would be so difficult! I realize that this vehicle isn't really a towing vehicle so it's very difficult getting the right info.

I am wondering how difficult it is to now add a brake controller? Has anyone done this and if so, what brand/model did you use and how was the hookup? My dealer keeps giving conflicting info. I wanted them to do it rather than an RV place who would be less familiar with the wiring etc Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
169 Posts
"My dealer keeps giving conflicting info. I wanted them to do it rather than an RV place who would be less familiar with the wiring etc Appreciate any help"!

You've got this turned around. Dealers are totally useless when it comes to towbars, brake contollers, etc. An independent towbar installer was my first choice after my dealer told me that a towbar cannot be installed on an F-Pace unless it was ordered from the factory.

I only use my towbar for my wife's bike rack, so I cannot be of any help regarding a brake controller, but if it can be installed as a DIY project, then an RV dealer shouldn't have any problem.

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar f-Pace S - Carpathian Grey
3 Posts
This is my second season pulling with the F-pace. I have tired several wireless brake controls currently on the market. I find the prodigy rf by Tekonsha the best brake control for any luxury suv. The system mounts to the trailer frame and the wireless handheld plugs in the 12v accessory outlet. This 15’ trailer has a dry 3110 lbs. I know ready to go camping I will be just over 4000lbs. The F-pace handles it perfectly. The vehicle could tow more but my experience is pushing a tow vehicle to its limit wears it out prematurely. I have worked 40 years in the RV industry and have tired many tow vehicle trailer combinations. This is one of my favorites. Amazing to have a vehicle that can handle like a luxury sports car and very capably tow a trailer. I’m using factory hitch and wiring. Although not recommended by Jaguar, I use a blue ox equalizer setup. The blue ox is the quietest equalizer with very soft bars. Handles exceptional. Last weekend truck in front of me lost a sheet of drywall, this package had no issue with a 120km/hr evasive maneuver. Exactly why one uses the best in hitch and brake control.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts