Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there aren't to many of us out here with FE's especially Caesium Blue FE's but have any of you CB FE's folks found touch up paint for your cars yet? My Jag dealership seems lost on getting it, they have all the other colors but no CB. I may run back to the body shop that fixed the door dent and see if they have any left over paint left from the work they did on my door, but that is the only thing I think that may work unless you guys have other sources. My Nephew didn't realize I was in the garage with my hatch up and he opened the garage door from the outside. Small scratches on the very bottom of the very bottom of the hatch that probably can be made to look good enough with some decent touch up paint.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I know there aren't to many of us out here with FE's especially Caesium Blue FE's but have any of you CB FE's folks found touch up paint for your cars yet? My Jag dealership seems lost on getting it, they have all the other colors but no CB. I may run back to the body shop that fixed the door dent and see if they have any left over paint left from the work they did on my door, but that is the only thing I think that may work unless you guys have other sources. My Nephew didn't realize I was in the garage with my hatch up and he opened the garage door from the outside. Small scratches on the very bottom of the very bottom of the hatch that probably can be made to look good enough with some decent touch up paint.
I am lost on why your dealership would not have Caesium Blue touch up paint. The F-pace is not the only vehicle Jag makes with that color. The XF is available with that color as is the XJ so I would be as confused as you are on why they wouldn't have it available. If you are close try calling JLR West Chester, I think my service and parts department is one of the best out there... very accommodating and polite, they go out of their way to make sure I am happy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My dealership said that touch-up paint for new colors often takes a while to make it to the dealerships as retail items. And don't forget, Jaguar is still a boutique manufacturer and as a result some things just take a bit more time to come around to the entire dealership network. They'll eventually get it in. Especially when it's on other models now.

BTW - Saw an XF in CB in Florida in November. It looked fantastic..especially with the light oyster seats with black inserts...classy and sporty and totally suits the exterior design.

Sorry for the semi-hi-jacking of the OP's thread 0:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jman, I don't know can't answer for the dealer I can only say i've talked to them the last three times I was in the dealership with my F-Pace, which as you know was pretty frequent over the last 6 weeks and they initially thought they had some of me, gave it to me for free for my troubles I have been having and I actually went to use it trusting that it was the right color and when I opened it up it was clear it was too dark and sure enough it was Dark Sapphire. I called the service writer who ordered it, told him the situation and when I went back into pick up my F-Pace from the K444 he said they still hadn't gotten any in.

Maybe RonnieQ has the read on why this is so difficult. One of the reasons I reached out to the forum is that I know of at least 5 CB F-Paces out here, so I'm hoping one of those folks may have solved this problem. in some way.

I've also searched the internet with no success.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My dealer has his own body shop, although it is in a different part of Allentown. The body shop painted my hatch after my car was vandalized. The body shop matched the paint. Go to your dealer's body shop and try and negotiate to buy some paint to take home. I mean, how would they paint your car if it was vandalized or in an accident? They mix the paint because they have the proper codes to create the color.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer has his own body shop, although it is in a different part of Allentown. The body shop painted my hatch after my car was vandalized. The body shop matched the paint. Go to your dealer's body shop and try and negotiate to buy some paint to take home. I mean, how would they paint your car if it was vandalized or in an accident? They mix the paint because they have the proper codes to create the color.
Trek,

Dealer doesn't have a body shop, but that is what I was saying above, didn't want to have to do that since I'll probably have to buy a quart or something like that, but it may be the only option.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Trek,

Dealer doesn't have a body shop, but that is what I was saying above, didn't want to have to do that since I'll probably have to buy a quart or something like that, but it may be the only option.
Well, if you ever need a part of your car painted (or the whole car) go to my dealer's body shop. Some guy named Bennett owns the Bennett JLR Dealership, Bennett Maserati, and Bennett Toyota. The Body Shop is behind Bennett Toyota, on the same property.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread on touch up paint since this one was already started, so revising an old discussion...

Curious about reactions from folks here to my dealer telling me (a week ago) that JLR didn't yet have touch up paint for my Yulong White F-Pace. Does anyone know how long Yulong White has been in circulation? I was a bit taken aback that it wasn't available (and they had no idea when it would be).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I needed touch up paint for Ammonite Grey, dealer ordered it and it took about a week to get it

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread on touch up paint since this one was already started, so revising an old discussion...

Curious about reactions from folks here to my dealer telling me (a week ago) that JLR didn't yet have touch up paint for my Yulong White F-Pace. Does anyone know how long Yulong White has been in circulation? I was a bit taken aback that it wasn't available (and they had no idea when it would be).
We will have to see , at the MEET & GREET ,
but I am willing to bet your *Yulong White* is identical to my *Glacier White* !

From what I hear , the *Fuji White* is the same as the *Polaris White* !

They changed a lot of the Color Names for 2018's , except for *IRR* , *BRG* , and *Caesium Blue* !

·
Registered
76 Posts
We will have to see , at the MEET & GREET ,
but I am willing to bet your *Yulong White* is identical to my *Glacier White* !

From what I hear , the *Fuji White* is the same as the *Polaris White* !

They changed a lot of the Color Names for 2018's , except for *IRR* , *BRG* , and *Caesium Blue* !
You might be right. Here's one website that lists the color code for Yulong White as "NAK" and another that shows "NAK" as part of the color code for Glacier White Metallic. Weird that the dealer wouldn't have just told me that if it were the case, though.

I'll check the door jam of my car later when I go out...should get a definitive answer from that. Do you mind seeing what code is listed there for yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts