Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Friday I came back to my f-pace after a quick stop for food. It started up but wouldn't move. The brakes were fully engaged and all systems (ABS,power steering,etc,etc) were flashing "not available". The instrument panel was lit up like a Christmas tree. I shut it off and restarted the car multiple times and the same thing happened. I called roadside assistance but tried again after 15 min. Everything started and worked but the engine light remained on. I was close to my dealer so I just drove it in. The engine light remained on.
This AM of course everything works fine and no engine light is coming on. They were in the process of running more diagnostics.
Any idea what this was? I'm glad I wasn't driving when the brakes engaged. Hopefully I don't just get the "cannot be duplicated-should be OK" line. I kind of want to know what happened.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Loose ground wire connection? There is a Topix on that but I don't think it was related specifically to those symptoms. But a lot of stuff is connected to the ground connection. Worth asking.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Crazy - definitely keep us up to date on it. Did you take a video while it was happening (hard thing to think of to do)? I have gotten into the habit of video'ing what occurs when I have an issue so I can show my Service Advisor and he can send to big Jaguar if needed.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Crazy - definitely keep us up to date on it. Did you take a video while it was happening (hard thing to think of to do)? I have gotten into the habit of video'ing what occurs when I have an issue so I can show my Service Advisor and he can send to big Jaguar if needed.
Yup, right there with ya. If anything happens and I feel that I may get the infamous "could not duplicate" line from my service advisor I will whip my iPhone out and start filming it. Then when I make the appt. for service I will send whatever photo/video evidence along with the email.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have gotten into the habit of video'ing what occurs when I have an issue so I can show my Service Advisor and he can send to big Jaguar if needed.
Reckon - what are your procedures for videoing? Just pull up the phone and record it when it happens or do you have recording cam installed in your car or else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They started the car up again this AM and things still worked fine. They ran diagnostics that caught all the codes and connected it to a "low battery voltage" event. The battery now checks out fine and is fully charged. The car is a daily driver and I had been driving all over that AM helping my son move. They have no explanation as to how the battery was in a "low voltage" state.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wonder if their equipment can tell the difference between a "low voltage state" and a 0 voltage stat (or close to it). Your situation does look like the system just lost power as you would get with a loose ground wire somewhere. This has nothing to do with the battery so I am concerned that nothing that they do there will actually help you. I'd explore what a "low voltage state" actually means a bit more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Reckon - what are your procedures for videoing? Just pull up the phone and record it when it happens or do you have recording cam installed in your car or else?
For situations like that, yes, just pull out my phone and try to record the issue. I did that before when my ICTP froze up on both my dash and on my wheel controls (parked the car but made sure it stayed on so I could record the issue). I recorded the creaking noise I had in my car (had my wife drive it so I could record) so that they can hear it and they were able to fix it (rear brace issue).

I don't have a cam in my car, but I have been thinking about getting one for both security and traffic.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't have a cam in my car, but I have been thinking about getting one for both security and traffic.
Slightly off the subject but this reminded me following video and dash cams recorded meteor explosion in Russia few years ago. I recall seeing this video back then and what struck me that there were so many drivers with dash cams recording their commute. I was wondering why. Then I read somewhere that the reason why Russian drivers install dash cams at such high rate is for their own safety and to have an indisputable record when they get stopped by local police and accused of things that they did not do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Service dept. would probably come back with a "could not duplicate meteor explosion", or some other lame excuse <jk>

·
Registered
589 Posts
Reactions: NewToCats
1 - 11 of 11 Posts