Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone had this one yet?
------------------------------------
This is applicable to all phone manufacturers.
Please note this is a phone issue and not a vehicle issue.
Please do not replace any parts or carryout any software updates on the vehicle in an attempt to rectify
Issue
Customer may sometimes experience a phone call from their own number or referencing to their own phone.
A vehicle hands free session starting without the customer’s interaction showing a phone call to themselves, i.e., phone is calling itself.
Sometimes there may be no cabin audio when this issue happens.

Cause
Various device (phone) issues across various phone manufacturers. Most recently seen with iOS 10 SIRI issue on iPhones.
Other causes may include some applications, example navigation using BT to communicate over the vehicle speakers.

Action
Anyone or more than one of the below actions can be carried out and are just being advised as the methods to recover from the issue:
Disconnect BT on the phone and then reconnect the phone.
Ensure that the latest operating system is on the phone.
Firmware reset on the iPhones: Press and hold the home and power buttons together for 10 seconds.
Disable SIRI if using already.
If it is application specific, eg, navigation specific, then turn off the BT inside the application.
Turn off phone and restart it.This is applicable to all phone manufacturers.
Please note this is a phone issue and not a vehicle issue.
Please do not replace any parts or carryout any software updates on the vehicle in an attempt to rectify

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just happened to me a few days ago. Thought I butt dialed until I saw my phone on the console. :eek: Kind of freaked me out. At least now I know I'm not going crazy. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts