Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member here, I’m leaning towards a 2021 F pace to replace my current SUV.

I’m looking at a loaded hybrid model massage seats and all. However the draw of the SVR and its power and cool factor has me intrigued. I have a 2020 F type R so I’m familiar with the engine but wondering what else has drawn everyone to the model?

Apart from some exterior changes and the wonderful engine what else am I missing? The difference is about $17 000 Canadian.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
You are missing a lot I’ve just ordered my second svr the new one been the face lift . Yes it’s powerful so much so it gets you every time you put your foot down . Most on here will tell you though it’s the sound , they sound amazing I’ve had so much fun shifting through the gears making it crack pop and bang it’s quite addictive, I’d never go back to a normal slow suv again and if it wasn’t for the svr there’s not a chance I’d be interested in any of the so called normal f paces , if you get one in a bright colour it will get attention, I loved mine and can’t wait for my new one . 100% go get one and enjoy . (As long as you don’t mind 17mpg that is )

·
Registered
82 Posts
I drove the S. It is really a perfect car. It is smooth, quiet, fast. It is everything you need. I bought an SVR.

The SVR is fun to drive. As silly as it sounds to like the exhaust sounds it is fun. It has lots of power at almost no RPM, so you can pull yourself, and others back in your seats with maybe a quarter of an inch of pedal. It is just feels like a sports car, where the S felt like a fast SUV.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Also to be clear, and perhaps you already know this, but the 2020 R Model you have is a Turbo 6 cylinder engine, I believe and makes 400 HP and 400 + lbs torque or so. The SVR is a Supercharged V8 and makes around 550 HP and 500 + lbs torque. The other comments from above apply from me. Different look, different suspension, some upgraded tidbits, but the engine is the big difference with the horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Having one of each, I can assure that the F-Type R has the same supercharged V8 as is in the F-Pace SVR.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Never mind, I read it wrong. You have an F-Type R and are looking at a F-Pace SVR. Lucky man! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes my R has the SC 8 and it does sound great and I love the push into the seats.
Maybe my hesitation is ...do I deserve to have 2 vehicles with 550hp in this day and age of EV’s and the push to reduce emissions? Damn straight I do! I’m 54 so how many more opportunities will we have to own these wonderful vehicles.

The first base model just arrived at my local dealer so I’m going to wait for a loaded model and or SVR to show up before I make my decision.

The new Jeep Grand Cherokee intrigues me as well but the SRT version is probably a year away.

Thanks again

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes my R has the SC 8 and it does sound great and I love the push into the seats.
Maybe my hesitation is ...do I deserve to have 2 vehicles with 550hp in this day and age of EV’s and the push to reduce emissions? Damn straight I do! I’m 54 so how many more opportunities will we have to own these wonderful vehicles.

The first base model just arrived at my local dealer so I’m going to wait for a loaded model and or SVR to show up before I make my decision.

The new Jeep Grand Cherokee intrigues me as well but the SRT version is probably a year away.

Thanks again
Nothing wrong with that I have a m4 convertible and a new svr on order you only live once and you really can’t beat a performance vehicle. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee srt and the svr is a much better and well put together suv .
min another 9 years we won’t be able buy these cars so until then we should make the most of it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am probably older than most of you, the SVR is my 488th car (not to mention how many one of cars I've built in the last 50+ years I have been taking cars apart). I used to own 20-25 cars at a time, now down to around 10, and the SVR will not be the fastest or the most powerful. As the others have said you only live once, and my local Porsche (would be Porsche # 46) dealer brought me a Taycan Turbo S and yes it is fast but somehow my old (learned to drive on a three on a tree) brain just could not wrap my head around a EV Porsche, so enjoy the sounds of the engine while you can. In the future the sounds you will here will be even less real than they are now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts