Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting an F Pace, so signed up here to see all the things you love about yours, and the things you don't! I'm guessing it's like on Corvette Forum (and any other car forum) in that all the negatives are magnified, because this is the place to state your love of your ride, but also the place where people come to complain?!

I'm a long time Grand Cherokee owner, and find it interesting to see that the F Pace (at least several places where I have looked) is showing the higher reliability ratings of the two.

I'm enjoying reading the posts and seeing all your F pace pix! :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well from someone who owns both... they both have their plusses and minuses. The FP is definitely more unique and a little more of a "Luxury" ride. Both vehicles have had their quirks and both dealers have been fairly good, except my jeep dealer is 3 miles away and my JLR dealer is appx 100 miles away. But we put way more miles on the JGC. The Jeep is a more "Robust" vehicle. Wouldn't think twice to take it into a Midwestern blizzard... FP is my wife's ride and she's fairly protective of it...Little bit more of a "Fragile" vehicle.... We like them both for different reasons and both serve the purpose that we require, very well... Would I buy another JEEP.. Yes, Hands down if they had a 3 row and a Diesel. Would I buy another FP? Check back with me when the 5/60 is over... but today, I'd say I'm 50/50 on the fence...
Most FP's are fairly dependable and most people don't see tons of problems other than initial and 1st 6 months type things. But if you get a "Bad" one it can drive you batty with constant problems from the basic to quite involved... and Dealers range from totally suck to possibly what is expected with a Luxury brand... Get to know your dealer, service manager, and the GM of the dealership. Meet them on a friendly basis before you may have to meet them otherwise...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well from someone who owns both... they both have their plusses and minuses. The FP is definitely more unique and a little more of a "Luxury" ride. Both vehicles have had their quirks and both dealers have been fairly good, except my jeep dealer is 3 miles away and my JLR dealer is appx 100 miles away. But we put way more miles on the JGC. The Jeep is a more "Robust" vehicle. Wouldn't think twice to take it into a Midwestern blizzard... FP is my wife's ride and she's fairly protective of it...Little bit more of a "Fragile" vehicle.... We like them both for different reasons and both serve the purpose that we require, very well... Would I buy another JEEP.. Yes, Hands down if they had a 3 row and a Diesel. Would I buy another FP? Check back with me when the 5/60 is over... but today, I'd say I'm 50/50 on the fence...
Most FP's are fairly dependable and most people don't see tons of problems other than initial and 1st 6 months type things. But if you get a "Bad" one it can drive you batty with constant problems from the basic to quite involved... and Dealers range from totally suck to possibly what is expected with a Luxury brand... Get to know your dealer, service manager, and the GM of the dealership. Meet them on a friendly basis before you may have to meet them otherwise...
The closest dealer is about 45 min away. Do they treat you differently if you purchase from a different dealer, or an individual? Or does it matter? When I had my H3 Hummer, I bought it out of state, but the local dealer (Cadillac store) was wonderful to work with. Always got a loaner (on the few times the Hummer had to go in), and it made no difference where I bought it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The closest dealer is about 45 min away. Do they treat you differently if you purchase from a different dealer, or an individual? Or does it matter? When I had my H3 Hummer, I bought it out of state, but the local dealer (Cadillac store) was wonderful to work with. Always got a loaner (on the few times the Hummer had to go in), and it made no difference where I bought it.
I meant the closest Jag dealer. The Jeep dealer is maybe 7 minutes away.

·
Registered
514 Posts

This depends on the dealer, but the short answer is, yes, many of them do treat you differently if you don't buy from them, particularly when it comes to the availability of loaners.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'd say yes, but I specifically drilled on my Salesperson, GM and service manager, than the ONLY way I would consider this vehicle is if they picked up and delivered me a loaner for any service or annual maintenance required..IN writing.. which they did... At 100 miles away, I ain't playing those games... SO far so good.
I'd say if you took it in to a big city, high volume dealer.. You'd probably get a loaner. If you are dealing with a fringe dealership and the only one even remotely available.... they could possibly screw you around a little bit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say yes, but I specifically drilled on my Salesperson, GM and service manager, than the ONLY way I would consider this vehicle is if they picked up and delivered me a loaner for any service or annual maintenance required..IN writing.. which they did... At 100 miles away, I ain't playing those games... SO far so good.
I'd say if you took it in to a big city, high volume dealer.. You'd probably get a loaner. If you are dealing with a fringe dealership and the only one even remotely available.... they could possibly screw you around a little bit...
Good advice to get the agreement in writing, if they will! There are several in the area. There are five dealerships within approx 70 miles of me. Closest is 48 miles.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You are much better off then, you have choices...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts