Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just talked to a detail shop that does this ( ceramic pro coating ) . The place seems reputable and looks like they do amazing work . Their garage was full of high end cars ( porsches , Maseratis , alfa romeos and others ) . I was wondering if anyone has had it done or knows anyone that has it done ? Was thunking about getting it done ? Is it worth it ? Does it truly work ? Would you recommend it ? It all seems great and the idea is amazing ( if It does what it says it does ) .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've talked to people who are quite happy with ceramic pro, and many others that are happy with one of the many alternatives on the market (Opticoat pro, modesta, Cquartz etc...). I think a lot depends on how good your installer is, and how many coats they do. There is lots and lots of discussion on all of this on other car threads, so to speed up your research you might head over to one of those. I know I read a ton about this a year ago on the Tesla forums when I bought my last car, and I'm sure Porsche forums etc. are full of discussions on the topic as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've talked to people who are quite happy with ceramic pro, and many others that are happy with one of the many alternatives on the market (Opticoat pro, modesta, Cquartz etc...). I think a lot depends on how good your installer is, and how many coats they do. There is lots and lots of discussion on all of this on other car threads, so to speed up your research you might head over to one of those. I know I read a ton about this a year ago on the Tesla forums when I bought my last car, and I'm sure Porsche forums etc. are full of discussions on the topic as well.
i'v heard good things about opticoat. looking to apply PPF on mine and then do a coating of ceramic for added protection, never tried it before but the videos I'm seeing of water just beading off looks amazing.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
I use a polymer based application on my Vette that I just wipe on and let it dry. Sometime I will buff it but otherwise it is the easiest DIY. After two or three applications the paint is like glass. Water beads and rolls off the car. It takes me about 15 minutes to do the Vette, I realize the FP is much larger. I figure 1/2 hour to do the new addition. Cost for 12 oz. bottle about $40. So worth it.

Bugs wipe of easily and not difficult to maintain.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I also saw these discussions on those forums. It's crazy to me how back and forth they all are with which product is better and which one are not. Yes I also agree that the one point they made a lot was exactly that it depends on how good the installer is and how many applications . I am looking to do 5 coats ( it's the highest package they offer , gold package) . They also do the wheels , calipers and Windows with this package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'v heard good things about opticoat. looking to apply PPF on mine and then do a coating of ceramic for added protection, never tried it before but the videos I'm seeing of water just beading off looks amazing.
Yes, I've read some posts from people who did a coating on top of a film layer and they love it - like you say, water and dirt just seems to bead right off leaving a nice glossy finish. I previously wouldn't have thought you could do that, but apparently applied correctly it works really well. Starts to get pricey of course, but for those that cherish their vehicle's finish, they swear by it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've never done anything like this before, but I'm strongly leaning towards the GTechniq after reading the UK threads. I don't have the time to hand polish my car, so this seems like a great alternative.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ceramic pro, and opti-coat are both great options to go to. Really durable paint sealants that you can periodically top with a Carnauba for a nice added shine and resistance. However there is a new product that's becoming popular and it's called a Glass sealant. It literally hardens to a glass material like finish and is super durable and extremely long lasting. I believe the product is 58Xcar Glass Coating. From the videos I've seen, this stuff is legit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just be carefull guys, you can't replace a film with ceramic pro. Some people have that idea...
A ppf will protect your paint, ceramic pro won't, against a stone chip for exemple.
Ceramic pro will give you an amazing gloss finish and protect against dust and very small particles scratches.
Of course , in a perfect world, you do the film and apply ceramic pro. So both together work as a team !!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just talked to a detail shop that does this ( ceramic pro coating ) . The place seems reputable and looks like they do amazing work . Their garage was full of high end cars ( porsches , Maseratis , alfa romeos and others ) . I was wondering if anyone has had it done or knows anyone that has it done ? Was thunking about getting it done ? Is it worth it ? Does it truly work ? Would you recommend it ? It all seems great and the idea is amazing ( if It does what it says it does ) .
What is this? I only know "ceramic coating" as for metal parts like exhausts and engine.
Is this some kind of paint protection? I had the "invisible bra" on my Touareg and it worked great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is this? I only know "ceramic coating" as for metal parts like exhausts and engine.
Is this some kind of paint protection? I had the "invisible bra" on my Touareg and it worked great.
Yes it is . It Is a coating that is applied to your entire car including the plastics ,wheels and calibers . Google Ceramic pro or Ceramic Pro coating . The stuff looks great and I have heard great things in many other forums .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I went for it . It's getting done as we speak . Will be picking it up Friday. Cost a pretty penny so I hope it's worth it . From what I have read and researched it will be .

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I went for it . It's getting done as we speak . Will be picking it up Friday. Cost a pretty penny so I hope it's worth it . From what I have read and researched it will be .
looking to get mine done as well, just not sure which brand. how many applications/coats are they doing for you? and which brand?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looking to get mine done as well, just not sure which brand. how many applications/coats are they doing for you? and which brand?
Ceramic pro is the brand . It's 5 coats . Look at one of my other posts on this thread for what to Google to check it out . I think I am gonna be happy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's done and looks amazing. Will keep updated to how well it keeps the FPACE cleans and how well it does what it says it does .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well it's done and looks amazing. Will keep updated to how well it keeps the FPACE cleans and how well it does what it says it does .
Can you post pictures?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 88 Posts