Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the PZeros on my FPace, but they wear really quick, im considering replacing them with the Conti's all season when the times comes, have really good reviews according to tirerack.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Really just have to pick what is best for your driving style, usual day to day roads and price point. All seasons will last longer than summer tires (usually). I just put some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on mine and love them. Expect to get a lot of treadwear out of them.

Reactions: jesusk1

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the 20" flavor and when these Goodyears wear out, I am going to the Conti DWS06. Have had before and loved them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I replaced the 20" Goodyears with the 20" Conti DWS06 at the midpoint of winter. Difference was night and day in the snow. Dry performance seems about equal. The tread life on the Contis should be longer than on the Goodyears.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Really just have to pick what is best for your driving style, usual day to day roads and price point. All seasons will last longer than summer tires (usually). I just put some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on mine and love them. Expect to get a lot of treadwear out of them.

I have these on my Grand Cherokee and they are very good tires... Year round....

BUT for the F Pace, against my better wishes, I think I'm going to go back to the Winter/Summer Tire thing. I don't want too... But I can't take any chances with this vehicle... If true winter tires save me from one accident or Fender Bender on this all aluminum hard to repair cat... I guess it will be worth it... Plus I can use up the relatively crappy Goodyear's and get some true summer tires for the warm season.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have these on my Grand Cherokee and they are very good tires... Year round....

BUT for the F Pace, against my better wishes, I think I'm going to go back to the Winter/Summer Tire thing. I don't want too... But I can't take any chances with this vehicle... If true winter tires save me from one accident or Fender Bender on this all aluminum hard to repair cat... I guess it will be worth it... Plus I can use up the relatively crappy Goodyear's and get some true summer tires for the warm season.....
Perhaps Nokian WR G3 SUV's? They are an all-weather 12 month tire with mountain/snowflake symbol.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Perhaps Nokian WR G3 SUV's? They are an all-weather 12 month tire with mountain/snowflake symbol.

I know about those but 90% of my driving is non Ice and snow and I'm not sure they will wear or handle well in the heat in summer.... but wouldn't rule them out....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Living in FL means no winter to worry about. Could go summer year round but they will just wear too quickly and I don't have the fortune of fun roads to push the cat on. :).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
agree they run out really quick, the treadler for the pzeros are 220, very low

·
Registered
225 Posts
My wife has the Pzeros on her SQ5. So far they are going on 25k miles and still have at least 50% tread left...and my wife is not necessarily gentle on the tires around corners, haha. But I do expect them to wear pretty soon and they will be replaced with Pirelli Scorpion All Seasons as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll add fuel to the fire...

I've stuck with Michelin tires for my cars (Porsche, BMW, Audi, and now Jag) and motorcycle (BMW) for the past twenty-five years or so. They've performed very well so I see no reason to start doing the tire shuffle every time I need new tires.

I've mostly had Pilot Sports on a couple of late 80's 911's, as well as on several later model M3's, up to and including my 2012, all used for commuting as well as the occasional track day. All kinds of Texas weather (meaning no ice or snow). No complaints.

My wife's '17 F-Pace S wore out two of the OEM Pirellis in 27k miles, so needed replacement. I decided to replace all four with new Michelins, the choices being Pilot Super Sport (Y-rated), Pilot Sport A/S (Y-rated), or Premier LTX (V-rated). The speed rating for Y tires is 186 MPH...sure seems over the top to me, although I know the drill about tires that match the vehicle's capabilities. In any case, I decided to go with Premier LTX, which are V-rated (149 MPH), and which will suit my wife's (and my occasional) driving style just fine. So far, I'm really impressed with how they've reduced the harshness of the ride, as the V-rated tires' sidewalls are not quite as stiff as Y-rated. They should also go a lot more miles than the softer, grippier Y-rated tires.

YMMV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am curious if anyone recently replaced their 19s and what did you go with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts