Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a little annoyed by my F-Pace's cup holders.
It has a good grip for my cup or bottles but I'm afraid of spilling my coffee or drink whenever I want to pull it out...

Of course not that big of a deal but wondering if others feel the same way.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yep. really disappointed with the whole center console layout. While it looks nice enough, there is so much space there, but almost none of it is usable. a tiny pocket behind the gear selector puck to hold... maybe an iphone4?, 2 tiny crevices on the sides to hold a lipstick maybe?, 2 smaller than average cupholders with death grip rubber strips, and a storage compartment that barely has room to plug in the cigarette lighter adapter. half of the remaining surface is a scratch/fingerprint/dust/pollen magnet.

hope they fix this in the next MY. even better if the fix could be retrofitted as a whole center console replacement unit. has anyone pulled out the console piece to see what's taking up all the space/how much more is available?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well they didn't do anything there for MY18 other than add the cup holder cover so I don't think we'll see any changes to the console until the first major model overhaul, in what, 2020? I'm hoping it helps me keep from turning the counter console storage into my cars version of the kitchen junk drawer, since it's too small to hold much of anything. :D

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
If you all ever take the chance , or get the opportunity to drive this BEAST the way it was meant to be driven , and is capable of being driven , I'm sure you would greatly appreciate that *DEATH GRIP* on your Beverage of Choice , as it will definitely be needed !
I just hope you all have sense enough to travel with a Tightly Sealed Lid on said Bottles or Cups ! >:)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It has a good grip for my cup or bottles but I'm afraid of spilling my coffee or drink whenever I want to pull it out...

Yes mine have loosened up a tiny bit over the 14k miles I have on the car now. I use the holder every time I drive the car. I have a Yeti 30 oz tumbler and it works great. I can pull it out of the holder with a slight twist pretty easy. I also use rubber sealant on the hold rubber pieces about once a month that helps.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
"didn't do anything there for MY18 other than add the cup holder cover"

said so casually and unaware of how much pain, angst and ripping jealousy this causes some ;)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just hope you all have sense enough to travel with a Tightly Sealed Lid on said Bottles or Cups ! >:)
Amen. I was just thinking the same thing. Your asking for trouble if you drive around with open containers!!!!
I used mine quite a bit on a recent 1500 mile trip, and had no issues getting cups and bottles in and out.
I'm kind of glad it's a little tighter than other holders I used before.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Probably designed to British standards. Cups and people must be skinnier there. Lol

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Probably designed to British standards. Cups and people must be skinnier there. Lol
I think what Tonydina is trying to say is , us BIG FAT BOYZ over here with our U.S. "Standards" , are always a little disappointed when our Drink Holders will NOT accommodate a *SUPER BIG GULP* Cup !!!
:eek: >:) :D >:) 0:)

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just be glad you didn't have to upgrade to the $70k S to get those cup holders.

On a more helpful note, go to home depot and buy some silicone spray lubricant and spray it on the rubber holders. It will help it go in/out easier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put in a styrofoam cup of Coke in mine a week ago, and took a drink and put it back in the cup holder. I looked down a minute later to see the whole cup holder full of Coke. The ridges on the bubbles cut the cup, and all the Coke was in the cup holder. What a mess to clean up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I personally gave up on single-use cups long time ago and with that all sodas and other sugary gaseous drinks. And so for me it was just the matter of finding a tall cup from my kitchen that fits well and just keep that in the car...........

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Those Double walled stainless cups ( Like Ozark trail at Wally World..) are the schnitz for this. Solid , Keep things cold, and won't collapse. You can take them in to convenience stores and just tell them what it holds... might even pay less....

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I personally gave up on single-use cups long time ago and with that all sodas and other sugary gaseous drinks. And so for me it was just the matter of finding a tall cup from my kitchen that fits well and just keep that in the car...........
Those Double walled stainless cups ( Like Ozark trail at Wally World..) are the schnitz for this. Solid , Keep things cold, and won't collapse. You can take them in to convenience stores and just tell them what it holds... might even pay less....
Kudos to JagFPace1 and stbentoak , for doing whatever it takes , to make it work ! :D
It reminds me of something Abraham Lincoln once said . . . . . . . ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts