Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
just wondering what people think about them. Just really trying to turn my pace into a monster as much as i can>:)
Tuners have been juicing up the Jag 3.0 V-6 for many years with a chip and a pulley. Here are two sites: Jaguar | ECU Tuning Group, ETS Stage 2 Power Package Jaguar Supercharged 3.0L (VSwitch), Eurotoys Ltd.

I cannot vouch for ANY tuner, so check them out yourself.

The F-Pace has ZF 8HP transmission. I do not know which variant of that transmission is used. For instance: the ZF 8HP30 can have a max Torque rating 300 Newton-meters (221 ft-lbs) while the 8HP90 rates 900 NMs (663 ft-lbs). I saw a reference where the V-6 F-Type has the 8HP70 (516 ft-lbs). If the F-Pace has the same, the transmission seems to have some headroom.

Good luck and **** the torpedos (AKA: warranty)!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tuners have been juicing up the Jag 3.0 V-6 for many years with a chip and a pulley. Here are two sites: Jaguar | ECU Tuning Group, ETS Stage 2 Power Package Jaguar Supercharged 3.0L (VSwitch), Eurotoys Ltd.

I cannot vouch for ANY tuner, so check them out yourself.

The F-Pace has ZF 8HP transmission. I do not know which variant of that transmission is used. For instance: the ZF 8HP30 can have a max Torque rating 300 Newton-meters (221 ft-lbs) while the 8HP90 rates 900 NMs (663 ft-lbs). I saw a reference where the V-6 F-Type has the 8HP70 (516 ft-lbs). If the F-Pace has the same, the transmission seems to have some headroom.

Good luck and **** the torpedos (AKA: warranty)!
Greetings next month I'm doing the upper and lower pulley swap on my 2018 f pace s and was wondering after reading his what transmission my f pace s has considering it comes with 380 hp I would think another 100 horses would not negatively affect it...or will it

·
Registered
5 Posts
What’s the update on upper and lower pulleys - I’m thinking of upgrading them both with already GAN GT chip is onboarded - any suggestions for best pulley company for my F Pace S 380BHP

Thanks Jaguar owners are in advance :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
VAP is the clear choice among the F-Type crowd (and you have the same engine). That said, the boost on a "S" isn't nearly as notable as it would be on a base model. IMO, not worth voiding the warranty, but you're already past that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agree with you but I wanna increase its HP to the level I enjoy it and still use it in daily basis I do not drrive it that much as only 20k miles on it .. thank dear for your reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings next month I'm doing the upper and lower pulley swap on my 2018 f pace s and was wondering after reading his what transmission my f pace s has considering it comes with 380 hp I would think another 100 horses would not negatively affect it...or will it
Any update dear ?

VAP is the clear choice among the F-Type crowd (and you have the same engine). That said, the boost on a "S" isn't nearly as notable as it would be on a base model. IMO, not worth voiding the warranty, but you're already past that.
I’m thinking of Paramount as VAP facing slippage issue otherwise I’ll go with your suggestion even cost wise it’s better

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update dear ? I’m thinking of Paramount as VAP facing slippage issue otherwise I’ll go with your suggestion even cost wise it’s better
Don't let belt slippage worry you. Apply medicinal castor oil (stuff mums used to give us to keep us regular) very sparingly to the belts. It is non sticky and does not attract dust. Used in agriculture for decades on harvester belts which can be required to transmit 100's HP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't let belt slippage worry you. Apply medicinal castor oil (stuff mums used to give us to keep us regular) very sparingly to the belts. It is non sticky and does not attract dust. Used in agriculture for decades on harvester belts which can be required to transmit 100's HP
Thanks dear I just made my mind and will go with VAP for both pulleys (up +down) but I’m not sure If my already equipped GAN GT chip will go fine with upgrade ? Please let me know what else I shall change or upgrade to maintain it in safety limitations. Hence~ summer time here Temp reach 50 degree Celsius lol (should I upgrade intercooler if yes, what you recommend?) thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts