Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks.

Before I tried using the App I thought you could actually open and close windows/sunroof remotely, turns out it's just to provide you the status of them. At least you can lock and unlock :)

The beep and flash option is almost cute, haha.
You can open and close the windows with the fob.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Stumbled upon this the other night; only two years after owning the Cat - LOL. You can electronically activate/deactivate child safety locks by holding down the normal lock/unlock button for a second. It will bring up a graphic on the info panel that displays the current condition of the child locks. Maybe if I had youngsters I would have learned about it sooner - glad we're empty nesters :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yet another one I found without intentionally looking for it. My iPhone and iPad are connected to the F-Pace via Bluetooth. When setting up iPad, uncheck "voice" and leave a check in the "audio" box.

Watch a downloaded movie (Netflix) on iPad with the sound coming though the car's speakers. When someone calls your iPhone, the iPad movie is automatically paused and the iPhone call is put though your car speakers. When you hang up from the call, the movie continues automatically.

Note: I'm still running 18B on ICTP. Going in the 12th hopefully for update to 18D and Carplay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can this function be disabled?

I noticed last week as I backed out of my garage that if your F-Pace is in reverse and it's raining, the rear wiper will activate even if you don't have your wipers on. I thought that was a nice safety feature. :)
I never use my rear wiper! I find the rear window gets so dirty but never wet enough to use the wiper so it seems to just scratch the window. Of course if the view was obstructed I would clean the window for safety. I just accused my husband of using the rear wiper on the new car! :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maybe someone already posted this; but I finally realized that, if one goes in reverse fast enough, the "dipped" mirror "undips." It returns its normal dipped state at slower reverse speeds.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had the car a year, and only this morning did I notice that we have two different-sized cup holders -- one for big drinks, and one for skinny cans. Maybe this was obvious to others, but it sort of blew my mind as I'd totally overlooked it.

Apologies for the filthy condition of my center console. Did a long road trip for spring break and haven't had a chance to get the interior back to rights.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Had the car a year, and only this morning did I notice that we have two different-sized cup holders -- one for big drinks, and one for skinny cans. Maybe this was obvious to others, but it sort of blew my mind as I'd totally overlooked it.

Apologies for the filthy condition of my center console. Did a long road trip for spring break and haven't had a chance to get the interior back to rights.

That space also can hold a standard iPhone or a pack of cigarettes, not that I would smoke in a car.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

and if you get one of these lovely thingamabobs you have a spot to hold your chapstick.
or a pen, pair of chopsticks, some crayons for the kids (but don't let them melt),cash for toll booths/drive-thrus etc, pack of cards, small jar of bubbles, pack of gum, candy bar, vial/inhaler filled with calming essential oils, your ID or parking pas, a couple of chicken strips, a gingerbread man/woman, a small notepad or your hopes and dreams :D
the possibilities are endless!!!
(ignore the chrome ring that hasn't been fitted)

Attachments

201 - 209 of 209 Posts