Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
At my dealer yesterday going over some ICTP issues and the Master Tech quickly looked at my vehicle. He tried to get into the sub menu of my interface, but my system wouldn’t allow access, so I’m not entirely sure what’s there.... it’s called the Engineering Screens. To access it press and hold to the left of the Hour symbol on the digital clock at the top of your display screen for about 10 seconds... let me know what’s there, and enter at your own risk.
So I went to the Engineering Screens and looked around. There were no parameters that could be changed. It mainly displayed a list of software and hardware versions of different components. Any able to look and decipher what software/version is most current?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Perhaps posted about already by now; but I'm still discovering! Noticed that, when the engine auto-stops, the car shuts off (including the gear selector retracting) once you unclick the seat belt. Been driving the F-Pace since May 2017; but noticed only just now as I had been consistently removing the seat belt as the last step, after already shutting of the car. Only seems to do it if the engine auto-stopped and doesn't do it if car is stopped but engine is running.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Perhaps posted about already by now; but I'm still discovering! Noticed that, when the engine auto-stops, the car shuts off (including the gear selector retracting) once you unclick the seat belt. Been driving the F-Pace since May 2017; but noticed only just now as I had been consistently removing the seat belt as the last step, after already shutting of the car. Only seems to do it if the engine auto-stopped and doesn't do it if car is stopped but engine is running.
I tried to duplicate your experience with zero success with my "18 20D R-Sport w/ ICTP. Mystery to me!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Just noticed the speedometer works in reverse.

DP

·
Registered
873 Posts
Does the odometer go backward too:D
I know what you're thinking!
Don't do it.
Remember the Ferrari in Ferris Bueller?:(

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I tried to duplicate your experience with zero success with my "18 20D R-Sport w/ ICTP. Mystery to me!
I think the gear needs to be in Park as well, if yours wasn't when you tried.

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
The driver exit feature is only active when an auto stop has taken place and the engine is not running.

WARNING
If the vehicle is left in a driveable condition with the engine running, the driver exit feature does not prevent the vehicle from moving.

If Drive (D), Sport (S), or Neutral (N) is selected, the driver exit feature switches the vehicle’s ignition off when the following conditions exist:

The driver’s seat belt is unbuckled, and:
The brake pedal is released.
If Park (P) is selected, the driver exit feature switches the vehicle’s ignition off when the driver's seat belt is unbuckled.

NOTES
In certain markets, the driver exit feature does not operate when P is selected.

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ Tried it while in Drive. Engine had auto-stopped, foot was on the brake. Still in Drive (and while in my driveway), I unclicked the seatbelt and then, sure enough, as soon as I took my foot off the brake, the gear selector moved from D to P, retracted, the parking brake came on and the car shut off. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Buttons turn colors on the new Phase 4 screens. The three circle buttons (one on each screen) of the last update change colors when you to touch them. It would be nice if they stayed that why when active

The navigation button (has a checked flag on it) turns green when pressed and takes you directly to search for an addresses

The Media button (look like a speaker) turns red when presss and this mutes the sound then turns to a speaker with an X but then goes back to white. I feel it should stay red when muted

The last one is the under phone it the voice mail button and when pressed turns blue and then dials your voice mail

Here are all the images
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FPACE/permalink/2268965999797990/

DP

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just found another Easter egg!

I think I remember reading here somewhere that if you tap the rear view camera you can enlarge the view, but today I also discovered that you can enlarge it even more on a sub menu that pops up ...and then you can also pan around.

Not sure if this is ICT only feature but it’s kinda neat to be able to pan down and see if your license plate is still there ;v)

9B0B9C83-A0CF-4378-92E2-8226CFDB9CD4.jpeg
6306B8E1-391A-4328-9A40-07CD81EBCF69.jpeg

Stacy

·
Registered
274 Posts

I think I remember reading here somewhere that if you tap the rear view camera you can enlarge the view, but today I also discovered that you can enlarge it even more on a sub menu that pops up ...and then you can also pan around.

Not sure if this is ICT only feature but it’s kinda neat to be able to pan down and see if your license plate is still there ;v)

View attachment 67441
View attachment 67443

Stacy
Awesome, this should be useful for trailer hitch alignment!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

Not sure if this is ICT only feature but it’s kinda neat to be able to pan down and see if your license plate is still there ;v

Stacy
Good to see it in this thread, the other was probably a bit miss-placed, as the topic was ICTP.

https://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/43305-ictp-360-surround-camera-3.html

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just when I thought we have discovered all the “Easter Eggs” my F-Pace protected me from running out of fuel while trying to warm it up this morning:

View attachment 57857

Normally I treat 1/4 full as empty so as not to suck up crap from the bottom of the tank, but it was just too cold to go fill up last night or earlier this morning ...but with only 5% fuel left in the tank the Remote Climate wouldn’t let me pre-start it too go and get fuel when it warmed up to -13C (Actually it was more of a pain as there would have been plenty of fuel for its predetermined idle time if forgotten I’m sure...)

S.Chapman
Can someone tell me what the 30min means on the autostart feature? Is that how long it'll stay on for? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Can someone tell me what the 30min means on the autostart feature? Is that how long it'll stay on for? Thanks.
yes. It will turn the car back off if you don't get in it and press brake after 30 minutes. (I'm pretty sure it is pressing brake (because you have to press brake to put it in gear) is what tells the car that you are here now

·
Registered
74 Posts
yes. It will turn the car back off if you don't get in it and press brake after 30 minutes. (I'm pretty sure it is pressing brake (because you have to press brake to put it in gear) is what tells the car that you are here now
Thanks.

Before I tried using the App I thought you could actually open and close windows/sunroof remotely, turns out it's just to provide you the status of them. At least you can lock and unlock :)

The beep and flash option is almost cute, haha.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts