Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All -

First time posting as I just got my FP this past weekend. I have owned Wranglers / FJ Cruiser / JGC in the past, and all of those forums all had a section for "Easter Eggs." AKA... little surprises that would benefit everyone to learn from. I have been reading the forum for the past week or so before posting in an effort not to repeat anyone's previous work, but I couldn't find a thread on "Easter Eggs." (the timing isn't so bad either)

So... here's my first one.

Most of you have probably noticed the HDMI port in the cubby. It's a strange port to be in a car that doesn't have a screen for the back seat passengers. Well, I just had to play around with it.

With a simple HDMI cord and Lightning-to-HDMI adapter (picture below), I was able to connect my phone to the screen. Once you plug it in, go to source on the ICTP screen (unsure is this works with basis ICT) and click on HDMI and voila! The picture on your phone will now be on your screen. If you have some sort of streaming video service (I was using Direct TV Now) you can watch TV and the quality is great. Note: as expected, and as it should, this only works in Park.

What other Easter Eggs has everyone else found / figured out?

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe common knowledge, but inside trunk (boot) release button also closes the hatch. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Maybe common knowledge, but inside trunk (boot) release button also closes the hatch. Pretty slick.
This knowledge is so "common" , that even *GR* knew about it !!! >:)

But , did you know that you can even *preset* the hatch to STOP raising at a certain height , so that it won't be out of reach for shorter people ??? *VR* likes that feature !!! ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
This knowledge is so "common" , that even *GR* knew about it !!! >:)

But , did you know that you can even *preset* the hatch to STOP raising at a certain height , so that it won't be out of reach for shorter people ??? *VR* likes that feature !!! ;)
And I thought that was so it wouldn't hit my rather low ceiling in my garage. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
That one I knew after having mini coronary during first opening in garage. Consulted manual and reset height lower.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That one I knew after having mini coronary during first opening in garage. Consulted manual and reset height lower.
Wow Skyking: a doghouse with an airplane hanger and attached garage! I just can't compete!;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
You forgot about the boat!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Most ICTP owners feel a bit let down by the lack of voice input for Nav (and rightfully so IMO, but please let's not debate this here for the umpteenth time again).

In case some owners are not aware of it, a relatively unusual feature (these days) is the facility that lets (your passenger) input (type) search terms or addresses into Nav while the vehicle is in motion.

And again, please don't hijack this thread into an endless debate as to whether that should be allowed, is really safe or that someone should write to the NHTSA about it .... that's all been done before.

It's just that, if you didn't know about it, you may find it useful, when you have a passenger in the seat next to you.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Most ICTP owners feel a bit let down by the lack of voice input for Nav (and rightfully so IMO, but please let's not debate this here for the umpteenth time again).

In case some owners are not aware of it, a relatively unusual feature (these days) is the facility that lets (your passenger) input (type) search terms or addresses into Nav while the vehicle is in motion.

And again, please don't hijack this thread into an endless debate as to whether that should be allowed, is really safe or that someone should write to the NHTSA about it .... that's all been done before.

It's just that, if you didn't know about it, you may find it useful, when you have a passenger in the seat next to you.

I for one think that is an awesome benefit... Can't say how many times I've wanted to try to let my wife find a place, but can't use the feature because the car is in motion...I certainly wouldn't do it while driving, But not being able to do it on the fly is overprotective in my opinion... Glad to see Jag is smarter than that.... Surprised it isn't some NTSA law or something though... Glad it isn't...>:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sky & GR: Thank you so much for the information about setting the hatch height. I did not know that, & I did almost have a mini coronary after opening mine in the garage for the first time. Scratched off paint. F-Pace S owner as of February 2017.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One thing that I think is vey cool is that on the ICT you can have the rearview camera up while you drive forward. yes I know it is a driver distraction, but it is still very cool.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Sky & GR: Thank you so much for the information about setting the hatch height. I did not know that, & I did almost have a mini coronary after opening mine in the garage for the first time. Scratched off paint. F-Pace S owner as of February 2017.
Hello there reece , and Welcome to the Forum !

Don't be SHY , post some pics of your F-Pace ! We LOVE F-Pace Pics ! ;)

Just don't show us the "scratch" please ! :(

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
This is my first time posting pictures. Took these two pics this afternoon. I just had to show you my scratch(more like chip ?) Thank you for the warm welcome.
Hey reece ! Picture #1 is VERY NICE ! :)

However , as far as picture #2 . . . . I specifically said "PLEASE" do not show the scratch/chip ! :crying:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
One egg I found is that when I am on the phone, the turn signal mutes. I know that is a goofy thing but it annoys me when on the phone how loud the signal can be to the other person. Kudos on the details JLR.
They must have focused all of there attention on that and must have forgotten about things as common place as seat egress when exiting the car ;)

Anyway, I mentioned this in other threads but for owners with the comfort and convenience pack you are able to choose which area of the seat is heated/cooled... simply go to the seat screen, turn on the heating/cooling feature to desired level, and press directly onto the large seat to the left or right (driver or passenger) and a little sub-menu will pop up, choose top, bottom or both. 0:)

1 - 20 of 209 Posts