Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share an issue that I never anticipated with my F-Pace. Was on a weekend getaway 165 miles from home (DisneyWorld) and went to leave at 3pm on Sunday to discover that I had a flat tire. After waiting for AAA to come and plug my tire, I got the bad news that the screw was too close to the edge to be plugged and I would need a new tire because the doughnut was limited to 50 miles and 50 mph (I thought doughnuts were good for 200 miles :( .) I called all the Goodyear joints in the greater Orlando area, but no one carried our F-Pace tires, and there were none in the warehouse. The Jaguar Orlando dealership was closed. I needed to be towed home and arrange to get the tire from my local Jaguar dealer. Jaguar Roadside Assistance was unable to immediately confirm that they would pay for the tow home (they tow to the nearest Jaguar dealership, but the dealer was closed and the person answering the Roadside Assistance phone didn't know what, if anything, would be approved) so I used AAA. I had to pay $260 (in cash) plus tip for the 65 miles over my 100 mile tow limit. Then I had to pay $400 for the new tire to be installed. I never expected to be in a situation where I could not locate a matching tire except at the dealership, so this was a wake-up call.

Note: After my F-Pace was already loaded on the flatbed, and well into my 3 hour journey home, I received a call from AAA that Jaguar had authorized a tow home, and the tow truck was 60 minutes away. Unfortunately, AAA was unable to use the Jaguar authorization to pay for my tow, so I was still on the hook. I have now upgraded my AAA to provide 200 miles of free towing!!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
That sucks. But now the good news is that you will never need towing that far again since you now have coverage...

Reactions: sg92

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry for your unfortunate situation. What happened to Jaguar 5yr/50000 mile coverage? I dropped my AAA because I thought I had similar, if no better coverage from Jaguar!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it was Sunday afternoon....I knew it would not go well when Jaguar Roadside Assistance's second question, after asking if I was safe, was how many kilometers were on my car.... According to the manual, Jaguar is supposed to tow to the nearest dealer and arrange for accommodtion and transportation. Nothing in the manual on what to do when dealer was closed and alternative transportation (to/from Orlando for two) and hotel would be more costly than a contract rate tow. The associate, who was very pleasant, kept saying she could not guarantee that Jaguar would pay for a tow, they would pay only for a qualifying repair (not defined in the manual). She did confirm the doughnut 50 mile, 50mph limits. She suggested I pay for a tow and submit the bill to Roadside Assistance to be reimbursed. I asked her to check if, under the circumstances, the tow would be covered. Ultimately she said she would have to contact dispatch. I asked her to please call me and let me know what dispatch decided. She did not call back, so believing Jaguar would not cover the tow I went with my AAA one. I would like to file a Roadside Assistance Claim, but I have left voicemails and have not received a return call...yet. I'm hoping this is a one off, but just in case I upped the ante on AAA.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, it was Sunday afternoon....I knew it would not go well when Jaguar Roadside Assistance's second question, after asking if I was safe, was how many kilometers were on my car.... According to the manual, Jaguar is supposed to tow to the nearest dealer and arrange for accommodtion and transportation. Nothing in the manual on what to do when dealer was closed and alternative transportation (to/from Orlando for two) and hotel would be more costly than a contract rate tow. The associate, who was very pleasant, kept saying she could not guarantee that Jaguar would pay for a tow, they would pay only for a qualifying repair (not defined in the manual). She did confirm the doughnut 50 mile, 50mph limits. She suggested I pay for a tow and submit the bill to Roadside Assistance to be reimbursed. I asked her to check if, under the circumstances, the tow would be covered. Ultimately she said she would have to contact dispatch. I asked her to please call me and let me know what dispatch decided. She did not call back, so believing Jaguar would not cover the tow I went with my AAA one. I would like to file a Roadside Assistance Claim, but I have left voicemails and have not received a return call...yet. I'm hoping this is a one off, but just in case I upped the ante on AAA.
Thanks for your reply. Hope it was just a one off, but one has to wonder about the quality of JLR roadside assistance!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Which tires do you have on your f-pace?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not surprising that the tire isn't carried in most places. You get that with specialty cars. And with everything being 'digital' and 'online' these days, you usually have a quick turnaround on getting tires not carried in stock.

Glad you got everything resolved though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had second thoughts about opting for the full size spare (cost and especially the additional space it takes from the rear deck). But your nightmare narrative makes a good case for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which tires do you have on your f-pace?

I have a diesel R Sport with the standard 20" tires--255/50/R20. Has the Goodyear Eagle F1 AT tires which I believe are asymetrical. No dealer reported anything in my size in stock at all.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If I even scrap one out, I'll replace them all at that instant.... I almost put a set of Nokians on my JEEP but when I asked discount tire (Who was a National Nokian Dealer...) How soon to get? they said they only had 6 in the country... That cured me of that thought.

We travel on driving trips frequently and I'm not going to ever be stranded because no matching tires are available..... Hopefully we can wear out the F1's pretty fast, so I can get on to something more common..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sorry for your unfortunate situation. What happened to Jaguar 5yr/50000 mile coverage? I dropped my AAA because I thought I had similar, if no better coverage from Jaguar!
I don't know what kind of warranty you received, but my standard warranty is 5 year/60,000 miles.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know what kind of warranty you received, but my standard warranty is 5 year/60,000 miles.
You're correct Trek, 60,000 miles!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have a diesel R Sport with the standard 20" tires--255/50/R20. Has the Goodyear Eagle F1 AT tires which I believe are asymetrical. No dealer reported anything in my size in stock at all.
In Florida? That's tough, dude. I ran over a screwdriver on my way to get Ceramic Pro treatment. I limped into the driveway of the Ceramic Pro place on three good tires. The place was way out in the sticks away from every place. I didn't know what to do. But the Ceramic Pro guy told me not to panic. Leave the car with him and he'd take care of the flat. Believe it or not, in the middle of nowhere, within an hour I got a phone call that my 22 inch Continental Extreme Contact All-Season tire was replaced with a brand new one exactly like it. The cost was $300 for the tire and installation and returning my F-Pace. I never used AAA or Jaguar Roadside. I'm surprised no one had your 20 inch tire model.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It's kind of sad that JAG picked the F1's for 255/50 20" OEM. They are the poorest wearing, poorly reviewed tire, out there...but I'm sure they got the best wholesale price on them from Goodyear. There are so many better choices out there that are much more common and at roughly the same retail price. I also noticed that tire rack shows Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus tires as OEM on Jag? Wonder what vehicles are getting those? A much better quality tire choice...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was originally not happy that my wife got the Full sized tire & Rim spare Because, of the hump now in the back. But After she claimed it was for Curb rash protection for 400ish bucks. It made more sense. After hearing this story. I am really happy she did.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In Florida? That's tough, dude. I ran over a screwdriver on my way to get Ceramic Pro treatment. I limped into the driveway of the Ceramic Pro place on three good tires. The place was way out in the sticks away from every place. I didn't know what to do. But the Ceramic Pro guy told me not to panic. Leave the car with him and he'd take care of the flat. Believe it or not, in the middle of nowhere, within an hour I got a phone call that my 22 inch Continental Extreme Contact All-Season tire was replaced with a brand new one exactly like it. The cost was $300 for the tire and installation and returning my F-Pace. I never used AAA or Jaguar Roadside. I'm surprised no one had your 20 inch tire model.
Trek you do like to exaggerate. We don't live in the "sticks". We live in one of the most connected parts of the country. There are Interstates crisscrossing us from everywhere :)
I don't have any OE tires on my FP anymore. I use Continentals for the summer, and Nokians for the winter. Best of both worlds :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts