Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who hates this car? I hate it more because it could be amazing, but once again Jaguar has missed the mark.
2017 F-Pace 35t with black package.
What they call keyless entry is ridiculous. I have to pull the key out to unlock the car with the fob. What a joke.
Steering feels lose.
Acceleration is great in Sport Mode, but when slowing down to a stop it downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear in a way that lurches me forward every time.
Suspension is bouncy.
The remote app is super clunky to remote start the car. Have to "agree" twice and then enter a code.
The Jaguar apps app is pathetic. It disconnects all the time.
The trim under the front bumper fell off. Jaguar won't sell it as a seperate part. I had to spend $3000 for a whole new bumper assembly. Even though I didn't need the bumper, just the trim that attaches to it.
The coolant reservoir cracked open after 20,000 miles. At least Jaguar paid to have it towed to the dealership.
This could have been such a great car. I hate Jaguar. At least it's a pleasure to look at :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Hmmm, sorry you are experiencing these troubles. I to did have some trouble with my 2017, but Keyless entry was not one of them. Not sure why that is a problem for you. My steering never felt loose on the 2017 or the 2019. However, I was running the widest tires possible.

it is a performance car, so shifting aggressively is expected in sport mode and both my 2017 and 2019 are aggressive with shifting in sport mode and with the trans in S, but in Normal they are perfectly fine, no lurching.

I had my challenges with the remote app and starting my 2017, so much so I stopped using it. I'm happy to say that the 2019 starts every time with the app and most of the time with the watch app as well. Technology has improved by Jag in those two to three years.

Yes, I'm not a fan of how the bumper is designed, with it being all one piece. I'm not sure what trim fell off though as I have had good success with fit and finish and durability with both the 2017 and the 2019.

My biggest complaints for my 2017 were some squeaks and rattles and living through the early problems with ICTP, but the 2019 has been great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, sorry you are experiencing these troubles. I to did have some trouble with my 2017, but Keyless entry was not one of them. Not sure why that is a problem for you. My steering never felt loose on the 2017 or the 2019. However, I was running the widest tires possible.

it is a performance car, so shifting aggressively is expected in sport mode and both my 2017 and 2019 are aggressive with shifting in sport mode and with the trans in S, but in Normal they are perfectly fine, no lurching.

I had my challenges with the remote app and starting my 2017, so much so I stopped using it. I'm happy to say that the 2019 starts every time with the app and most of the time with the watch app as well. Technology has improved by Jag in those two to three years.

Yes, I'm not a fan of how the bumper is designed, with it being all one piece. I'm not sure what trim fell off though as I have had good success with fit and finish and durability with both the 2017 and the 2019.

My biggest complaints for my 2017 were some squeaks and rattles and living through the early problems with ICTP, but the 2019 has been great.
Glad the 2019 is better. The keyless entry problem is that it doesn't have it... which is ridiculous. You shouldn't have to pull out your key to unlock the car. Turns out it's not an option on my model of 35t. It should have been standard on all of them.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I agree Keyless entry should be an option on all Jags. Almost every other car out there has it standard.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Glad the 2019 is better. The keyless entry problem is that it doesn't have it... which is ridiculous. You shouldn't have to pull out your key to unlock the car. Turns out it's not an option on my model of 35t. It should have been standard on all of them.
35t is engine/tuning designation so what model do you have?

·
F Pace Expert
2,649 Posts
i don’t understand the complaint on keyless entry? you bought the cheaper model without that feature and now complain it should have been included? did you read the sales materials and specs?

yes, the cracked cooling reservoir was an isolated problem on a few earlier vehicles completely covered by warranty, stuff happens, find a car with zero defective parts on every single car produced, i’d buy that.

still loving my 2017 S

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
If all you have to do is pull the fob out of your pocket and click it to unlock the door ,
WHY would that not classify as Keyless Entry ???:unsure:
You don't have to put a Key in the door , correct ???;)

If they put every single extra goodie on the lower priced models ,
then there's no sense making a higher priced model ???:cautious:

I just go to grab the door handle , and ours unlocks magically !!!:geek: 2017 S :giggle:

I bet you would LOVE the LED Headlights !!!o_O They are SHWEET !!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Am I the only one who hates this car? I hate it more because it could be amazing, but once again Jaguar has missed the mark.
2017 F-Pace 35t with black package.
What they call keyless entry is ridiculous. I have to pull the key out to unlock the car with the fob. What a joke.
Steering feels lose.
Acceleration is great in Sport Mode, but when slowing down to a stop it downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear in a way that lurches me forward every time.
Suspension is bouncy.
The remote app is super clunky to remote start the car. Have to "agree" twice and then enter a code.
The Jaguar apps app is pathetic. It disconnects all the time.
The trim under the front bumper fell off. Jaguar won't sell it as a seperate part. I had to spend $3000 for a whole new bumper assembly. Even though I didn't need the bumper, just the trim that attaches to it.
The coolant reservoir cracked open after 20,000 miles. At least Jaguar paid to have it towed to the dealership.
This could have been such a great car. I hate Jaguar. At least it's a pleasure to look at :)
View attachment 71557

So you waited 7. Months to ask us about your car? If your using your fob and not your keys then that’s called “keyless entry” the issue with the Lower bumper trim, it’s its the front bumper there is a service bulletin about that and should be covered under warranty. Did you just notice these issues or have they been there all this time? What model do you have ? Are you here in the US ?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
the OP could also maybe purchase the Activity Key as a work around?
hey @DPinTX could you point me in the direction of this bulletin you speak of (" issue with the Lower bumper trim, it’s its the front bumper there is a service bulletin " )

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Le
hey @DPinTX could you point me in the direction of this bulletin you speak of (" issue with the Lower bumper trim, it’s its the front bumper there is a service bulletin " )
let me use my Kung-fu forum searching skills, I know I posted a thread about it had to do with lower center defecting at speed. I’ll find it and post it.

DP

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

Here is thread took me a bit

DP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts